Florida and Bahamas October

hunter68

We are going on the breakaway next year 1st week of October. I looked at the high and lows for that time of year and the temps still seem pretty warm.

Any info from anybody that has sailed during this week on the overall temperature and is the water still warm would be greatly appreciated.

sailing from ny is a catch for all. there is no telling what the weather will be like. remember hurricane Sandy was in Oct and we had fun sailing that day . but I was safer on the water than on land. our lights just got turn back on the day before I got back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sailing from NY is always risky late-August through October as that is when we traditionally get hit with the big storms - Hurricane Gloria, Hurricane Irene and Super Storm Sandy.

That being said, we have sailed out of NY a number of times in August and were always okay.

We are going on the breakaway next year 1st week of October. I looked at the high and lows for that time of year and the temps still seem pretty warm.

Any info from anybody that has sailed during this week on the overall temperature and is the water still warm would be greatly appreciated.

I think a better description instead of warm would be hot, and the water is still mid to upper 80s. If coming from anywhere north of the Mason Dixon line it is going to feel like the middle of the summer.

It's shorts weather in Oct.! No worries!

I agree. We have cruised in Oct most years, the wedding anniversary, last and this the BA will still be doing the Bermuda that week so it is nice.

No issues ever in Oct