Ferry there & Fly back

Aj101710

Hello, I saw a thread about taking a ferry to San Pedro then flying back to port. We are thinking of going on a cruise December 2017 and we would be import from 8 am-5 pm. I'm just wondering once you arrive at San Pedro is it possible to see the sharks and rays by ourselves, maybe renting a boat or hiring a small boat to take is out, or should we go through a company?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think your better off to go through an excursion company. This is is a lot of planning, and I don't see an advantage over an excursion.

You have to buy ferry tickets (2.5 hour ferry trip), Buy airplane tickets, get cabs to and from the airports (figure you would need to allow at least 1.5 hours for getting through the airports, the flight, and the drive times), then you still have to arrange for a boat

Why not just go to Viator or Shoreexcursioneer websites and book an excursion. You can get a private one if you want to pay the money, or get one that includes air transport to Ambergris Caye. They'll work everything out, they know where to go, and will guarantee you make it back to the ship.

Same experience, just less work for you.

We have taken the ferry over to Caye Caulker and flew back to Belize City before. Makes it a great trip. As for San Pedro and doing the shark ray alley from there -- that is way too much worrying and stress. I would just go with the excursion -- Coral Breeze does it but it is by boat. There are others that fly over there, then shark ray alley snorkeling, and fly back.