ADVENTURE/ABC's Aug 20-27,2016 REVIEW w/lots of photos

DSC09348_zpskmopuqsx.jpg

Hello everybody,

I'm back today from a great 1 pre-cruise full day in San Juan and then 7 days on the Adventure. The itinerary was as follows:

Fri, Aug 19 - San Juan site seeing

Sat, Aug 20 - morning site seeing, then embarkation

Sun, Aug 21 - St. Marten

Mon, Aug 22 - at sea

Tue, Aug 23 - Bonaire

Wed, Aug 24 - Aruba

Thu, Aug 25 - Curacao

Fri, Aug 26 - at sea

Sat, Aug 27 - end of vacay :(

I'm home from a full work day today and about to arrange all my photos. I think this review will take me a whole lot longer then my previous reviews in that I am back to a stack of work and time will be limited to do this right. There is very little info (especially with photos) of the ABC's that I wish to do a good job of it for those of you doing this itinerary on Adventure (or NoS) in the near future. Please be patient with me as I add installments. I really hope this could help many of you out with your planning and what you would like to do on this itinerary.

In the meantime, here's 3 teaser photos... I have rarely seen on CC anyone post info about these. let alone photos.

Until I post Day 0 in San Juan.... Bragging rights to those who guess correctly where these photos are and exactly where they're taken from. :D

(1)

DSC09766_zpsaxph64xm.jpg

(2)

IMG_4732_zpsjbjfcwwg.jpg

(3)

DSC09164_zps8zyu1uib.jpg

Wow, nice start with the beautiful photos!

Thx Bob... lots more to come :D

By the way, you've been 100% right when responding to others about Adventure in the past... great staff & service all around, great food all around, CD "Dan Dan" and entertainment/activity staff is one of the best I've encountered in a while, just a great ship.

With drydock coming up soon, I don't think I'll post many photos of Adventure herself other than areas of interest that will see changes (ie. looming extinction of inline skating, Jester's, etc). You know this ship better than I, so if someone asks something I can't answer by all means feel comfortable in responding for me.

Nice! I love a good Hoopster review.

Excellent!!... York's on for the ride! Enjoy :)

Edited by Hoopster95

We sail on Sept 17th with pretty much the same itinerary as you so I am really looking forward to reading your review!!

You are correct that it is hard to find much information about the ABC Islands so can't wait to hear your thoughts and see your pictures.

Any cruise compasses by chance?

Thanks

Thx Bob... lots more to come :D

By the way, you've been 100% right when responding to others about Adventure in the past... great staff & service all around, great food all around, CD "Dan Dan" and entertainment/activity staff is one of the best I've encountered in a while, just a great ship.

With drydock coming up soon, I don't think I'll post many photos of Adventure herself other than areas of interest that will see changes (ie. looming extinction of inline skating, Jester's, etc). You know this ship better than I, so if someone asks something I can't answer by all means feel comfortable in responding for me.

Excellent!!... York's on for the ride! Enjoy :)

for the reviews....K.O.:)

The second picture is Barefoot Restaurant in Aruba. I went there with my party last September.

The food and atmosphere was amazing, the service not so much.

Bingo!! 2 points for Virtopia :D

Too bad re your service, ours was excellent. A "10" experience and not overly pricey.

Pictures

Cuaraco

Aruba

Bonaire

Curacao = YES~! 1 point for you. Can you pin point where it was taken from?

Aruba = YES!! Another point for you!

Bonaire? = NOPE :p ... try again

The Queen Juliana Bridge?

I started my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2396271

I can't say I share your enthusiasm for "Dan Dan". I think most of the reason is his name!

DING DING DING = Queen Juliana Bridge! Bonus points for you :) Never seen pics of Punda posted here on CC from there before.

I just quickly scrolled through your pictures, beautiful :D

Can't wait to share notes of different things we did.

Edited by Hoopster95

We flew in a day before in order to tour San Juan for a full day.

I love Old San Juan and have stayed there 3 times in the past in order for the convenience of being right there in the middle of things to easily have access to all the major site seeing areas. It also allows for extremely easy and convenient embarkation morning site seeing without... I've read many times others who stay closer to the airport and take a taxi to the ship to check-in, take taxi to Old San Juan, then back to ship for muster... not me. Staying in Old San Juan alleviates all that and allows maximum opportunity to view the sites.

We booked the Hotel Cervantes in Old San Juan based on Tripadvisor reviews vs. price. It's a boutique hotel just 2 blocks up from the pier and 2 blocks west of Plaza Colon and San Cristobal fort.... superb location.

Check out review photos, pictures are accurate. Great rooms and service.

https://www.cervantespr.com/

The Cervantes is the second building in, light yellow 3 storey

DSC08834_zpsqy9i8zqc.jpg

DSC08833_zps9lz6x4cp.jpg

We had room #11 on the second floor overlooking Calle Tetuan (Tetuan Street) at the back, with a cool little balcony which opened up with tall french wooden doors. Excellent mattress & linens, and a superb bathroom.

Here are pics from the balcony looking down the street in both directions.

DSC08830_zpsqaitw4z0.jpg

DSC08829_zpsci094p4v.jpg