Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Unfortunately those arent the actual prices, looks like another Royal IT team glitch. If you click through it will show the higher actual rate. Or if you try to put in 2 passengers it will show a much higher per passenger rate.

Wish those rates where accurate

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Unfortunately those arent the actual prices, looks like another Royal IT team glitch. If you click through it will show the higher actual rate. Or if you try to put in 2 passengers it will show a much higher per passenger rate.

Wish those rates where accurate

Damn it you are right! When I tried a real booking the price jumped up!

However, the cruise I did have booked with RCCL was discounted like the above, then when I looked again the booking had gone up in price. I went to my travel agent and she was able to get the discounted price for me. So I have to wonder if you see a great price can a travel agent force it thru?

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

From the Royal website...the January 14,2017 Anthem 12 night sailing from Bayonne NJ, a guaranteed balcony ocean view cabin total cost with taxes is $1,882.37. This is not the studio balcony. Most likely it is an obstructed view balcony but the obstructed view balconies are presently $2,092.

• 2 weeks later...

NCL Pearl .. 12 days .. Panama Canal ... Oct 23 - Nov 4

Solo Inside Guarantee $879 Total.

Round trip from Miami

Santa Marta, Colombia

Cartagena, Colombia

Panama Canal/Gatun Lake

Colon, Panama

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Roatan, Bay Islands

Belize City, Belize

Costa Maya, Mexico

Edited by IrieBajan54

My jackpot deal this year (6 other late booked no single supplements taken with NCL), Round trip Buenos Aries, Sun- 12-3 - 12-23, 20 days ( 2 10 day cruises). Total with taxes $625- plus, second cruise has included gratuities. :) WITH using 4 discounted cruise next certificates.

I must say, everyone, really needs to keep a stockpile of cruise next deposits, frankly. The 2 deposit promotion has been extended 3 times already and is a fantastic savings for solo travelers with a savings of $250 per cruise. I've used 16 this year.

NCL Spirit 11 nts RT Barcelona 2/2/2017 <$1200 for solo inside with drink package; <$1700 for solo balcony with drink package & prepaid gratuities

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I late booked the Spirit in Sept, week and half prior. Great cruise, with Iceland itinerary that was superb. :) End cost $650 with 2 deposits. ENJOY!!!

Edited by Budget Queen

NCL Pearl .. 12 days .. Panama Canal ... Oct 23 - Nov 4

Solo Inside Guarantee $879 Total.

Round trip from Miami

Santa Marta, Colombia

Cartagena, Colombia

Panama Canal/Gatun Lake

Colon, Panama

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Roatan, Bay Islands

Belize City, Belize

Costa Maya, Mexico

just booked this deal for $ 979.00 for an ov gty. 12 days...partial canal and several ports never been to. great deal !!

Ive always been a carnival cruiser but ive been contemplating trying a solo cruise. What line is the most solo friendly? I like newer more updated ships but i would trade the ship in for a more interesting itinerary.

Without a doubt I would say NCL is the most solo cruiser friendly. Studio cabins with no single supplement and nightly Solo cruiser get-togethers on the Breakway, Getaway, Epic and the Escape in the studio lounge make these ships great for the solo cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked very early on the Breakaway in a studio cabin. It was a fairly high price. As time went on, the studio price kept raising and the regular cabin prices kept dropping. I could hav3 had a significantly larger cabin for about half the price of the studio. I ended up rebooking on HAL and had a cabin to myself for a 14 night cruise for less than my 11 night NCL and sailed out on FL rather than NYC in December.

It depends what you like. I prefer smaller ships and better food. I've had no problems meeting people on HAL.

Just saw a small quantity of studio cabins open up for the Epic transatlantic sailing in two weeks.

Norwegian Epic

from Barcelona

October 30, 2016

studio cabin $599 (plus $103.84 fees)

And it qualifies for a perk.

I did not book directly with Norwegian because their website indicates studio cabins are sold out. Instead I found some inventory available with an online travel agency.

Just saw a small quantity of studio cabins open up for the Epic transatlantic sailing in two weeks.

Norwegian Epic

from Barcelona

October 30, 2016

studio cabin $599 (plus $103.84 fees)

And it qualifies for a perk.

I did not book directly with Norwegian because their website indicates studio cabins are sold out. Instead I found some inventory available with an online travel agency.

If you click through, the studios will show up on the NCL site

1b07a0ab943d03caa7fc56facc70e4f8.jpg

No single supplement now.

Inside

$389 without perks-IX

$599 with perk.- ID/IF

Balcony

799 no perks-BX (might be sold out, getting error on ncl.com)

Mini Suite

899 no perks- MX

Studios keeps becoming available then sold out, best to call. (as mentioned before $599)

For other Celebrity fans like me, most if not all of the Tuesday specials for next week are 150% solo supplement. There are some good deals there! (And I haven't looked because I'm not in the market for another cruise at the moment, but you might also check the Celebrity website this weekend--often, the weekend before the Tuesday sale the prices are even better.)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

For other Celebrity fans like me, most if not all of the Tuesday specials for next week are 150% solo supplement. There are some good deals there! (And I haven't looked because I'm not in the market for another cruise at the moment, but you might also check the Celebrity website this weekend--often, the weekend before the Tuesday sale the prices are even better.)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Bottomfeeder:

Thanks for posting this!

Between the time I booked and took my first Celebrity cruise in September and now, they are now charging over 200% for singles .I usually sail on Crystal so the fare isnt the issue so much as it is the principle of the thing. I do not use more than 1 persons worth of space and am darned if I pay over 200% on any cruise with any cruise line. What a slap in the face for those of us who either do not have anyone to travel with or choose to travel alone!

Between the time I booked and took my first Celebrity cruise in September and now, they are now charging over 200% for singles .I usually sail on Crystal so the fare isnt the issue so much as it is the principle of the thing. I do not use more than 1 persons worth of space and am darned if I pay over 200% on any cruise with any cruise line. What a slap in the face for those of us who either do not have anyone to travel with or choose to travel alone!

While I don't like it any better than you do, I must point out that it makes sense from a business perspective. Unless I am in a single-only cabin, I am taking up more space, because I occupy a cabin that would "normally" have at least 2 persons. So on top of the other potential passenger's cruise fare, they are also "losing out" on all on-board revenue from that additional passenger.

Cruise lines have started addressing the issue by including (more) single occupancy cabins in their ship designs, but I think they are still not realizing how big the pool of potential customers is that would like to cruise solo, but can't afford it with the additional cost.

While I don't like it any better than you do, I must point out that it makes sense from a business perspective. Unless I am in a single-only cabin, I am taking up more space, because I occupy a cabin that would "normally" have at least 2 persons. So on top of the other potential passenger's cruise fare, they are also "losing out" on all on-board revenue from that additional passenger.

Cruise lines have started addressing the issue by including (more) single occupancy cabins in their ship designs, but I think they are still not realizing how big the pool of potential customers is that would like to cruise solo, but can't afford it with the additional cost.

I think the posters beef is that they are now charging more than 200% I am fine with the solo cabins and did one last week on the Anthem no problem with the cabin but have an issue with RCCL feeling that solo's should also eat solo. I called the head waiter out on it and he said people don't want to share tables but a couple of girls at the next table said they would have welcomed it but were never given the option. I was on the Independence 2 years ago and this was never an issue. But as solos we speak with our dollars and even though I am a Diamond cruiser with RCCL I will go back to NCL who have addressed this issue.

Edited by girlcruiser