Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

45 minutes ago, Rickpt said:

I just found an example of a possible 25 day B2B2B 2020  NCL that I predict will be a good buy. Ap 30-5/11 Honolulu to Vancouver, followed by the 1st of the season N, S, cruise to Alaska. 

The relocation HI to Vancouver 11 day will be a hard sell. And the early / mid May Alaska 7 day N, 7 day S are always well discounted. SWA will soon fly to HI.  Ship is the Jewel. May is the lowest chance of rain in AK.

Good weather, a few cool days. Ports not too crowded. Alaska is beautiful, and they treat tourist great.

Now, if I could just arrange a group buy....

Well if you can pull this one off, we'll have to start calling you "Karnak"

3 hours ago, elklemi said:

Star Clipper is now offering no single supplement to the Caribbean for 2020, I already booked for February 15 out of St Maarten, if you want to try a sailing ship you might want to consider.

Star Clipper???? Shows outta Phuket, Thailand for that date.

OK, I see it now, Star Flyer.

Edited by bones774

Just popped up on NCL website. 7 day NY to Bermuda, Apr 28-May 5 on the Escape, balcony for $599, cheaper than an inside. According to NCL rules you should be able to use 2 Cruise next certificates.  Sounds like a great deal. I can't make it. Good luck to all

• Like 2

Have spent the past few days on CC researching solo cruising.  I love to travel and haven't been able to travel for a while due to family obligations.  My husband passed away in 2018 and my kids are all grown so I can now come and go as I please and travel on short notice.  I love the idea that I can just make up my mind and go!  Just checked for some last minute cruise deals out of Boston to Bermuda...I am not fond of inside cabins as I prefer balcony or above but they have an incredible deal for a solo inside leaving in a couple days for 7 day cruise at rate of 299.00...total is 512.00 with taxes, fees, etc.   Can't do this one...just checked my passport...it expired a year ago!  Need to update my passport asap!!  

4 minutes ago, teacha50 said:

Have spent the past few days on CC researching solo cruising.  I love to travel and haven't been able to travel for a while due to family obligations.  My husband passed away in 2018 and my kids are all grown so I can now come and go as I please and travel on short notice.  I love the idea that I can just make up my mind and go!  Just checked for some last minute cruise deals out of Boston to Bermuda...I am not fond of inside cabins as I prefer balcony or above but they have an incredible deal for a solo inside leaving in a couple days for 7 day cruise at rate of 299.00...total is 512.00 with taxes, fees, etc.   Can't do this one...just checked my passport...it expired a year ago!  Need to update my passport asap!!  

Glad to hear you are back in the crusing 'saddle'.  Better get that passport renewed.

Can you tell us dates and cruise line for this deal?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, mef_57 said:

NCL Escape NYC to Bermuda April 28- May 5. Not dirt cheap, but Balcony guarantee is cheapest price. $802Cdn.(~$596US)....for comparison, studio is $1471Cdn.

If you are seasoned NCL traveler, you would have cruise next certificates to use(2) and possibly Shareholder OBC, that's dirt cheap.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Rickpt said:

My fellow solos, I could use your help looking for two types of deals.

No time limit, so until 2025 is good. I try for 2 cruises/yr.

Prefer spring, winter, fall, summer, in order. Prefer NCL, others OK if cost OK.

The first is a long cruise, at least three weeks, longer is better. Ok to 

change ships once during a long trip.  My longest was 34 days.

The 2nd deal is to join a group buy with great zero cost add-ons. 

The rules for group buys are not bad. The Group can be any gathering

of people who say " I am in that group". Financial stuff is all direct with the

cruise company, so no scam possibility. 

I've always been interested in how joining a group  and wondered how they work.

If the rate goes down in your category, can you still qualify for OBC, just like if you were doing an individual booking or does the rate stay the same ? Where do you find groups that are going ? TA ? Social media ?

Edited by lyannea

Lyannea, I do not know the answer to your first two questions. As for where I am looking, I have found two 

places on CC to check. 

The first is the RollCall for the trip you are interested in. I missed a group deal last Dec because I bought before reading the RC.

The 2nd was CC under NCL, " What exactly are the perks with group booking?"

I have seen TA's offer group deals, but only last minute. Others here might know more.

I don't use much social media. Thus my request for help.

I am willing to help if anyone has a good idea.

Again, my main interest is a long cruise Ap/May. 2020 I hope to get the Jewel Ap 30-

May 25. I think it will get cheap in Mar/Ap. 

My other interests are TA in spring, and 7+ day cruises out of Fla and NOLA in Dec-Feb, when they get cheap. But not Panama Canal cruises. Been there. Each passenger pays ~ $250 for the PC experience. Once was enough for me, thank you.

I prefer to avoid really long plane flights. 

• Like 1

Just looking for opinions based on your experience, I know that no one can predict what will actually happen.

I have time off in July and would like to take one of those weekend Bahama cruises out of Florida as a solo cruiser.  As of now, prices are very high (probably $800 or more plus taxes) but trips for weekends coming up are much lower.  If I were to book a flight to Miami or FLL how likely has it been that I'll be able to get something cheap about two weeks before flying?

I have alternative plans if I can't get something cheap (beaches and baseball) so it's not going to be a wasted trip regardless.  I would rather mindlessly cruise and be attended to.

Thanks

7 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Just looking for opinions based on your experience, I know that no one can predict what will actually happen.

I have time off in July and would like to take one of those weekend Bahama cruises out of Florida as a solo cruiser.  As of now, prices are very high (probably $800 or more plus taxes) but trips for weekends coming up are much lower.  If I were to book a flight to Miami or FLL how likely has it been that I'll be able to get something cheap about two weeks before flying?

I have alternative plans if I can't get something cheap (beaches and baseball) so it's not going to be a wasted trip regardless.  I would rather mindlessly cruise and be attended to.

Thanks

Hi, you only want to do a weekend cruise? I am guessing something would be available 2 weeks out but I don't know how many ships actually do that kind of itinerary...the less ships, the less choices, supply and demand.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, you only want to do a weekend cruise? I am guessing something would be available 2 weeks out but I don't know how many ships actually do that kind of itinerary...the less ships, the less choices, supply and demand.

Yes, I'm looking at the weekend of July 12.  There are actually 3 cruises out of Miami and 3 out of Port Canaveral that weekend.  NCL's are booze cruises so not sure if they'll come down much.  Thinking also about flying into MCO, where I could either get ship transfer to Port Canaveral, or bus/rental car one-way to Miami on Friday morning.

Just sit back and hope, I guess.  My fallback ain't half bad either.

Using my mid-summer trips from last year:

The NCL Sun solo rate usually drops dramatically 5 days before sailing. 

I booked a balcony 4 day in June for 409 and an ocean view 3 day in July for 309 last summer (both prices before taxes/fees) by checking the rates every Monday and Tuesday morning.  The Sun is a open bar ship, so those prices include the drink package (with a rather limited menu) even if you get the sail-away rate. 

I'll be back on the Sun this weekend for another last-minute trip.  I'm not even fond of that ship, but it's cheap and convenient. 

1 hour ago, HeyYouKidsGetOffMyLawn said:

Using my mid-summer trips from last year:

The NCL Sun solo rate usually drops dramatically 5 days before sailing. 

I booked a balcony 4 day in June for 409 and an ocean view 3 day in July for 309 last summer (both prices before taxes/fees) by checking the rates every Monday and Tuesday morning.  The Sun is a open bar ship, so those prices include the drink package (with a rather limited menu) even if you get the sail-away rate. 

I'll be back on the Sun this weekend for another last-minute trip.  I'm not even fond of that ship, but it's cheap and convenient. 

Thanks, I can be an obsessive price checker when there's a reasonable chance!

River cruises...….just an FYI, there are several companies who are River cruises companies and they offer various sailings without any SS.  I just booked a cruise on UNIWORLD sailing on the River Po (VENICE, ITALY:classic_smile:) and got a really good deal!

Going to Venice in October:classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, jaycpea3 said:

Hi Lois, curious, what does SS mean? I would love to do a river cruise. Congrats! Sounds like a grand time!

5 hours ago, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

In case she doesn't answer quickly, I'm pretty sure she means Single Supplement.

Yes, it is single supplement.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:12 AM, Lois R said:

River cruises...….just an FYI, there are several companies who are River cruises companies and they offer various sailings without any SS.  I just booked a cruise on UNIWORLD sailing on the River Po (VENICE, ITALY:classic_smile:) and got a really good deal!

Lois, Good for you, another river cruise booked.  I know you enjoyed the last one so I hope you enjoy this one as well.  Italy has always been one of my favorite destinations so I think you will have a great time.  I hope you do anyway.  Someday I think I am going to have to give the river cruises a try.  Neil

On 4/30/2019 at 7:12 AM, Lois R said:

Lois, How do you shop for river cruises? I'm looking for my first river cruise and solo traveler also. Their web pages are not as simple as the ocean cruises, just click on what you want and it pops up. The river cruise companies are often "request a quote", time consuming and the risk of followup calls. Any quick tips? the ocean cruises are so easy, go to one of the larger t/a sites and just peruse all the offerings together.thanks

Edited by bones774