Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Howdy all y'all!  emo22.gif

This is a friendly reminder  emo34.gif  to please remember the title of this thread, "Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE". The topic is bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES only... NOT travel agents/agencies (online, brick & mortar, big box, etc.), promoters of hosted group cruises for singles/solos or any other source of cruise purchase.

Note the following from the Travel Agent Recommendations section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Travel Agent Recommendations

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

And also please note "veiled" or "masked" hints for names are not allowed either.

Also:

Other Cruise & Travel Sites
Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.

Perhaps a copy of the first post by cruisinryan in the previous thread will be helpful too:

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. 🙂

There used to be one, but it disappeared 😕 ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. :rolleyes:

😄 Post all those great deals everyone! 😄

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

Note the above states general info for cruise line, ship name and sail date is all that has been requested.

And yes, sometimes there may be the need for additional posts requesting & receiving clarification, but please be considerate of your fellow members. Posting off-topic within a thread --hijacking-- is boring and only wastes everyone's time. Especially for any of the 298 members following this thread at this time. They only want to know about the latest single supplement bargains.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you all aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Host Kat said:

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic.

And also please note "veiled" or "masked" hints for names are not allowed either.

we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.

12 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Hi Host Kat,

I previously posted a recommendation to another cruise-related website and used a "masked hint" of the name of that website. So, guilty as charged with regard to the 2nd & 3rd quoted comments of yours above. My apologies. On a positive note, at least I was aware that I couldn't actually name the other cruise-related website, lol. Guess I should've read the "Travel Agent Recommendations" in the "Guidelines" that you referenced above (and I shall do that).

Just one note about the other cruise-related website that I recommended (or promoted). I don't think this site was an actual travel agency because if you wanted to book a cruise it has listed, it connected (linked) you directly to the cruise line itself. This other cruise-related website was not involved in booking cruises and only listed "Cruise Line Single supplement/Solo Bargains" for informational purposes only. So this website did not receive any form of compensation at all. So, I may be innocent of the 1st quoted comment of yours above since this website was not a travel agency (hope so, lol). Regarding the 4th quoted comment of yours above, again guilty as charged for asking a member to e-mail me but perhaps again innocent because it wasn't an actual travel agency? I know, probably still guilty  because even by asking a member to e-mail me, it was still using the CC forum to recommend (promote) another cruise-related website. Again, my apologies.

Thanks for your clarification and reminder regarding the "Guidelines" here on Cruise Critic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

Hi Host Kat,

I previously posted a recommendation to another cruise-related website and used a "masked hint" of the name of that website. So, guilty as charged with regard to the 2nd & 3rd quoted comments of yours above. My apologies. On a positive note, at least I was aware that I couldn't actually name the other cruise-related website, lol. Guess I should've read the "Travel Agent Recommendations" in the "Guidelines" that you referenced above (and I shall do that).

Just one note about the other cruise-related website that I recommended (or promoted). I don't think this site was an actual travel agency because if you wanted to book a cruise it has listed, it connected (linked) you directly to the cruise line itself. This other cruise-related website was not involved in booking cruises and only listed "Cruise Line Single supplement/Solo Bargains" for informational purposes only. So this website did not receive any form of compensation at all. So, I may be innocent of the 1st quoted comment of yours above since this website was not a travel agency (hope so, lol). Regarding the 4th quoted comment of yours above, again guilty as charged for asking a member to e-mail me but perhaps again innocent because it wasn't an actual travel agency? I know, probably still guilty  because even by asking a member to e-mail me, it was still using the CC forum to recommend (promote) another cruise-related website. Again, my apologies.

Thanks for your clarification and reminder regarding the "Guidelines" here on Cruise Critic.

I risk being booted off for saying anything, but I am certain many are thinking it. I feel that berating this poster verse and chapter is a bit excessive and heavy handed on the part of the forum admin. I recall, when people were still cruising, that cruisers were increasingly taking their roll calls to a Facebook page because it was just getting too exhausting to do so much as organize independent excursions without being scolded like school children by CC. I understand the need for rules and guidelines, but the tone does not need to be so harsh. Maybe you could just lighten up a little. After all cruising is not king anymore and we don't know if it ever will be again. Maybe best not to dump buckets of ice water on people when they try to talk about when to try booking another cruise again. Is there anything wrong with just friendly reminders that get the point across without humiliating and alienating people?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Evangaline said:

I risk being booted off for saying anything, but I am certain many are thinking it. I feel that berating this poster verse and chapter is a bit excessive and heavy handed on the part of the forum admin. I recall, when people were still cruising, that cruisers were increasingly taking their roll calls to a Facebook page because it was just getting too exhausting to do so much as organize independent excursions without being scolded like school children by CC. I understand the need for rules and guidelines, but the tone does not need to be so harsh. Maybe you could just lighten up a little. After all cruising is not king anymore and we don't know if it ever will be again. Maybe best not to dump buckets of ice water on people when they try to talk about when to try booking another cruise again. Is there anything wrong with just friendly reminders that get the point across without humiliating and alienating people?

Perhaps the tone depends on the person reading it, but I don't feel it harsh at all. Some are repeat offenders, so clearly don't read the rules and regs unless it is more 'in your face'. Often the posts are just removed and they haven't learned from it. As there is no option to private message, an reminders are front and centre.

• Like 1

Howdy again y'all!  emo22.gif

First of all, my post was not meant to be directed to any particular member. It was to ALL members following, posting on or reading this thread now or in the future as well as the thread it replaced when it grew to over 200 pages, 5,000 posts and 770,000 views.

One of our fellow members used the Report post feature to ask for someone to comment/verify the validity of a post for everyone’s clarification. Just that is what I was trying to do. When the Community Manager asked if I wanted to volunteer to be a Host way back in 2005, I was given a Moderator Handbook I had to follow. In it I was told to copy/paste the actual Guidelines when needed for clarification.

But now, I'm sorry to say, I need to post another friendly reminder  emo34.gif  concerning posts that refer to or discuss board management in any way. To all from the Guidelines:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

Happy sails to all... someday,

Host Kat emo32.gif

22 hours ago, mef_57 said:

Perhaps the tone depends on the person reading it, but I don't feel it harsh at all. Some are repeat offenders, so clearly don't read the rules and regs unless it is more 'in your face'. Often the posts are just removed and they haven't learned from it. As there is no option to private message, an reminders are front and centre.

That is what I would love to see on here . The ability to private message like adults.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Oppalopa said:

That is what I would love to see on here . The ability to private message like adults.

lol.. adult behavior on an anonymous forum.

but you know the real reason why private msg was disabled here?

it was because cruise critic is also a travel agency that gets commission.

so they dont allow private msg

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 2

FYI to all,

Regarding private messaging, the function is not enabled for members. If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback about private messaging or anything else about Cruise Critic, please email community@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your member name. Please do not post about it on the boards. Please just email managment as mentioned in the Guidelines.

Cruise Critic is not a travel agency. From the Guidelines:

Do you sell cruises? Are you sponsored by the cruise lines? Do the cruise lines pay you to say good things about them?

Cruise Critic is not a travel agency; we do not sell cruises. We do not rate or recommend travel agencies. Our mission is to help travelers plan the best possible cruise vacation.

We are not sponsored by any cruise line. Like most websites, we do accept advertising and, at times, partner with cruise lines for contests, events (such as Meet & Mingle parties).

At Cruise Critic our mission is to provide balanced, unbiased reporting and take our journalistic credibility seriously. It is central to this mission for the site to provide you, the reader and our members, with an accurate and reliable resource on all aspects of cruising, and we do so by pairing our editorial content with thousands of reviews from our members of the site. Cruise Critic accepts advertising, but it remains strictly impartial from an editorial standpoint -- something which is made clear to all advertisers.

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.
  • Like 1

April 25th - May 2nd  2021 - 7 day Oasis of the Sea's Royal Caribbean $1046 Ocean Balcony plus a $25 gift card to that store.
Fort Lauderdale
Labadi
Falmouth
Cozumel

Edited by ppmanusa
Didnt type in all info
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ppmanusa said:

April 25th - May 2nd  2021 - 7 day Oasis of the Sea's Royal Caribbean $1046 Ocean Balcony plus a $25 gift card to that store.
Fort Lauderdale
Labadi
Falmouth
Cozumel

Thanks. Also, RCL  has a good price (for 1) on an ocean balcony on the Harmony OTS on a TA, April 4-16. See my post #1168 above for more details.

• 3 weeks later...

For those solos interesting in cruising on one of RCL's Oasis-class ships, here's a good deal on a TA repositioning (only 1 port stop - in Malaga, Spain):

12 day cruise on the Harmony Of The Seas (Royal Caribbean)

Departs from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida on Sun Apr 04 2021

Ends in Barcelona, Spain on Fri Apr 16 2021

Pricing for 1 person
Inside Oceanview Balcony Mini-Suite
(Sea Class)
Suite
(Sky Class)
Cheapest Category Code(s): - - - J3 L1
Brochure base fare, per person: $961 $1,086 $1,455 $3,698 $9,450
Discount vs. average base fare: 58% 63% 59% 38% 3%
Base fare(s): $961 $1,086 $1,455 $3,698 $9,450
Taxes / Port charges: $85 $85 $85 $85 $85
Tips $162 $162 $162 $162 $198
Total: $1,208 $1,333 $1,702 $3,945 $9,733
Per person: $1,208 $1,333 $1,702 $3,945 $9,733
Per day total: $101 $111 $142 $329 $811
Per person, per day: $101 $111 $142 $329

$811

15 hours ago, farmersfight said:

For those solos interesting in cruising on one of RCL's Oasis-class ships, here's a good deal on a TA repositioning (only 1 port stop - in Malaga, Spain):

12 day cruise on the Harmony Of The Seas (Royal Caribbean)

Departs from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida on Sun Apr 04 2021

Ends in Barcelona, Spain on Fri Apr 16 2021

Pricing for 1 person
Inside Oceanview Balcony Mini-Suite
(Sea Class)
Suite
(Sky Class)
Cheapest Category Code(s): - - - J3 L1
Brochure base fare, per person: $961 $1,086 $1,455 $3,698 $9,450
Discount vs. average base fare: 58% 63% 59% 38% 3%
Base fare(s): $961 $1,086 $1,455 $3,698 $9,450
Taxes / Port charges: $85 $85 $85 $85 $85
Tips $162 $162 $162 $162 $198
Total: $1,208 $1,333 $1,702 $3,945 $9,733
Per person: $1,208 $1,333 $1,702 $3,945 $9,733
Per day total: $101 $111 $142 $329 $811
Per person, per day: $101 $111 $142 $329

$811

By the way, another thread was started about this particular cruise (by Baowen) last August 18th. Baowen actually booked this cruise as a solo and was happily exclaiming about what a good deal she got.

But, sailing April 4, 2021, it is still questionable as to whether this cruise will actually go (due to the corona pandemic) and whether cruising will have resumed by then. Hopefully, a vaccine will have been developed, distributed and available to everybody by then.

Who wants to give MSC a try? They have announced some hefty discounts for Caribbean/Bahamas sailings in 2021 (Trip & Treat sale). They’re offering shorter cruises on Armonia and Divina plus 7-day trips on Meraviglia. All of the discounted trips stop at Ocean Cay.

I just priced out a 7-day cruise leaving August 7 from Miami, calling at Ocean Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Puerto Plata. It’s $384 plus fees/taxes for an Interior Studio (single occupancy cabin), or $684 for a balcony with the basic Bella experience. The balcony comes out to $834 with fees/taxes. Again, that’s 7 days in a regular balcony for a solo cruiser on a glitzy newer ship. 

If you’re adventurous enough to try the older Armonia, you can book a Fantastica balcony as a solo cruiser on her August 13 sailing for $669 (including taxes/fees). That cruise visits Ocean Cay, Nassau, and Key West - both Ocean Cay and Nassau are overnight stops arriving at 8am and departing at 6pm the next day. 

I think the sale includes cruises into early 2022 as well. My 2021 calendar is full but maybe March of 2022..?

5 hours ago, coastcat said:

Who wants to give MSC a try? They have announced some hefty discounts for Caribbean/Bahamas sailings in 2021 (Trip & Treat sale). They’re offering shorter cruises on Armonia and Divina plus 7-day trips on Meraviglia. All of the discounted trips stop at Ocean Cay.

I just priced out a 7-day cruise leaving August 7 from Miami, calling at Ocean Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Puerto Plata. It’s $384 plus fees/taxes for an Interior Studio (single occupancy cabin), or $684 for a balcony with the basic Bella experience. The balcony comes out to $834 with fees/taxes. Again, that’s 7 days in a regular balcony for a solo cruiser on a glitzy newer ship. 

If you’re adventurous enough to try the older Armonia, you can book a Fantastica balcony as a solo cruiser on her August 13 sailing for $669 (including taxes/fees). That cruise visits Ocean Cay, Nassau, and Key West - both Ocean Cay and Nassau are overnight stops arriving at 8am and departing at 6pm the next day. 

I think the sale includes cruises into early 2022 as well. My 2021 calendar is full but maybe March of 2022..?

Thanks @coastcat for the great info. Yeah, I'm interested in trying MSC (when cruising resumes) because I did notice that they were offering great discounts, even for us solos. I think I read somewhere that MSC is trying to get a foothold in the U.S./North American market and are pretty much under-cutting "the big 3" (Carnival, NCL & RCL).

I'm looking to do longer cruises (at least 12 days) so, I would have to do a B2B on say Meraviglia. But MSC may not be offering the longer cruises right now because of the virus pandemic. Actually, I looked at MSC's web site and looked at Meraviglia (as well as other ships in the MSC fleet). I tell you what, MSC's ships are spectacularly beautiful. It would be like cruising on a luxury cruise line but at a very reasonable (discounted) price that even beats the mainstream cruise line's prices.

Yeah, I'd be interested in a balcony cabin (even as a solo) so thanks for providing the pricing for those. Q: is the Aug 13 cruise on the Armonia (Ocean Cay, Nassau & Key West) a 7 day cruise as well? Interesting that this cruise has 2 overnight stays. Not sure there would be too much happening on MSC's private island - Ocean Cay at night but I could be wrong. Maybe MSC is planning some special night activities and/or venues there for these cruises.

I will definitely keep my eye on MSC for potentially booking future cruises (as a solo).

Edited by farmersfight

• 2 weeks later...

This deal is available directly from the cruise line but you may need to call them to actually book.  I was able to obtain solo pricing online but payment for deposit would not process.

Royal Caribbean Quantum OTS

August 30 - September 6, 2021

7-day Alaska itinerary

roundtrip Seattle

studio interior (2W)

$517 plus port fees and taxes

Note:  The pricing is valid because I made a deposit.  Phone call to RCI required.

• Thanks 1

A gentle reminder.  Please let us get back on topic and discuss balconies cabin size etc on another thread.

This thread is for posting solo bargains - deals only.

Copied from Host Carolyn's post

(Posting off-topic within a thread --hijacking-- is boring and only wastes everyone's time. Especially for any of the 298 members following this thread at this time. They only want to know about the latest single supplement bargains.)

• Like 4

My wife can only travel during peak vacation time, so we typically pay the premium prices that go along with that. Our last few cruises together included two in the NCL Haven and one in the MSC Yacht Club. On the couple of solo cruises I've been able to go on off-peak, I was able to get great last-minute bargains for a balcony cabin on NCL Dawn and Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas. I've never really considered the Haven or YC as a solo because I just don't want to pay the extremely high (IMO) single supplement for those types of cabins. However, I recently found a fairly good bargain on the MSC Meraviglia in September and October 2021 for an inside Yacht Club (YIN). It's probably 100% single supplement, but enough of a bargain with the current deal they're offering to entice me to book as a solo cruiser. 

I booked YIN on MSC Meraviglia 7-night leaving Miami on 9/25/21 for $1,560 (reflects 10% military discount) plus $150 port fees and taxes. Booking includes $50 OBC. Without the discount, the solo fare is $1704 to $1734 depending on the week. Not cheap by any means, but I feel that it's a bargain at that price to have a chance to enjoy the benefits of the YC as a solo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeepfan2006 said:

However, I recently found a fairly good bargain on the MSC Meraviglia in September and October 2021 for an inside Yacht Club (YIN). It's probably 100% single supplement, but enough of a bargain with the current deal they're offering to entice me to book as a solo cruiser. 

This great deal, even as a solo (w/100% solo supplement) for a Yacht Club stateroom with MSC doesn't surprise me. From my impression, MSC is trying to get a foot-hold in the U.S./North American market and is offering big discounts to compete with "the big 3" (RCL, NCL & Carnival). MSC is also discounting their other stateroom categories, as well. For a solo cruiser that has to pay the solo supplement, MSC is definitely worth a look and comparison with the other main stream cruise lines.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, ppmanusa said:

Fort Lauderdale
Labadi
Falmouth
Cozumel

I got april 25th liberty ots hump balcony for 884 including port fees and taxes. For $17 less there was still a regular d6 balcony on deck 10. I took the D2 hump for $17 more ... now the question is will it sail? My best balcony price was that exact date. Lol I have no idea where it goes, cozumel for sure lol. I'm out of Galveston and all cruises go there.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, logan25 said:

This deal is available directly from the cruise line but you may need to call them to actually book.  I was able to obtain solo pricing online but payment for deposit would not process.

Royal Caribbean Quantum OTS

August 30 - September 6, 2021

7-day Alaska itinerary

roundtrip Seattle

studio interior (2W)

$517 plus port fees and taxes

Note:  The pricing is valid because I made a deposit.  Phone call to RCI required.

I wish I'd jumped sooner, next year 2023 I'll be watching when released.

I got solo deals from $700 up to $1007 but prices are all up. The 1007 including taxes was supposed to be allure but got changed to liberty. It's for a corner aft, I'll take it.  750ish for a pr dec 12 2021. Etc. Including taxes and fees. ..I'm overbooked lol, so many good covid deals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/31/2020 at 9:13 PM, reeinaz said:

NCL Jewel 8 day Panama Canal cruise March 2, 2022 has inside sail away for $965

Wow I wish I could do that. I had a april 25th this year on rcl I couldn't lift and shift as I already had a b2b march/april 2022. Losing my good solo deals. 

Thanks for the heads up, great price.