Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

On 7/6/2021 at 1:31 PM, cruiseelady said:

Just booked super cheap cruise for 3 days on MSC Maraviglia.  Its my very fist time cruising with MSC.  August 6-9, the price was the same for inside and balcony.  I paid $280.50 total including taxes and feel for a balcony.  

I just booked the 4 day on August 2 for 379 on Meraviglia in a balcony.  Great deal, fantastica experience with a photo. I had no idea about the levels but it was only 20 to jump and a picture.

8 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

I just booked the 4 day on August 2 for 379 on Meraviglia in a balcony.  Great deal, fantastica experience with a photo. I had no idea about the levels but it was only 20 to jump and a picture.

Yeah, those of you in Florida can get some great deals on MSC. Meraviglia is a nice ship

1 hour ago, ILgirl said:

I thought I read on CC that MSC requires masks on board?  In spite of the low fare that would be a deal breaker for me

Yep, this is still the current policy from the MSC website:

Vaccinated Guests: "You will be required to wear a mask throughout the cruise while indoors and in public areas. Mask use is not required outdoors. Where social distancing is not possible outdoors, mask use is recommended for all guests."

Unvaccinated Guests: You will be required to wear a mask throughout the cruise while indoors and in public areas. Mask use is not required outdoors but is recommended for unvaccinated guests. Where social distancing is not possible outdoors, mask use is recommended for all guests."

On 7/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, coastcat said:

The January 30, 2022 sailing of Celebrity Edge to the Western Caribbean is offering super low solo supplements in all categories. The only cabins not going for cheap are the single-occupancy Single Infinite Verandas! Those are priced at $2213, but you could book a regular Infinite Veranda as a solo for $1800. That’s somewhere around a 15% solo supplement over the ppdo prices. Even a cabin in The Retreat can be had for a really low supplement.

Thank your posting. It's odd that only this sailing has this pricing.  The others and the Apex are regular rates. 

• Like 1

As of 7/7, NCL had 150% (normally 200%) solo, as follows:

Encore, 7 day Alaska 9/25-10/16/21

Epic7 day W Med from Barcelona or Rome, 9/5-10/24/21

Getaway 10/11 day Greece/Italy, 10/4-10/25/21

Jade 7 day Greece/Italy, 9/26-11/7/21

50% airfare is currently in effect - 90 day policy exception for Epic, Getaway and Jade if booked within 60 days of sailing.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, julig22 said:

50% airfare is currently in effect - 90 day p6olicy exception for Epic, Getaway and Jade if booked within 60 days of sailing.

I booked NCL Getaway a few days ago, Studio cabin 30% off plus various perks, including 1/2 price airfare, sailing the Baltic R/T Copenhagen with 2 sea days and stops in Berlin, Estonia, St. Petersburg (overnight), Helsinki, and Stockholm, 10/17-26/2023.  Deposit was only $125 and fully refundable. I booked air to arrive day before the cruise leaves and depart the day we come into port, with the hotel to be determined later.

Edited by OctoberLace
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Thank your posting. It's odd that only this sailing has this pricing.  The others and the Apex are regular rates. 

That's like the depths of low season. Well after winter breaks are over, before any spring breaks begin, plus the risk of difficult weather to travel to a port. I'm not surprised there is an unusual discount for this date. The Apex being newer likely is drawing slightly more interest. This is a super opportunity. GRAB IT!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:09 PM, KmomChicago said:

That's like the depths of low season. Well after winter breaks are over, before any spring breaks begin, plus the risk of difficult weather to travel to a port. I'm not surprised there is an unusual discount for this date. The Apex being newer likely is drawing slightly more interest. This is a super opportunity. GRAB IT!

It’s like booking NCL Bliss now - NCL Encore is the shiny newer version so prices are higher. I’ll book Celebrity Apex after Celebrity Beyond launches and the Apex prices drop!

Low season is glorious for solos. January travel weather, well, I’m planning to fly in at least a full day early and might pay extra for a non-stop. Just in case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

It’s like booking NCL Bliss now - NCL Encore is the shiny newer version so prices are higher. I’ll book Celebrity Apex after Celebrity Beyond launches and the Apex prices drop!

Low season is glorious for solos. January travel weather, well, I’m planning to fly in at least a full day early and might pay extra for a non-stop. Just in case.

Good for you. Come back and tell us all about it. 🙂

On 7/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, KmomChicago said:

It's a great price and I would have jumped on it.  I got a great lift and shift price on the Apex in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseelady said:

Today I booked a solo cabin on MSC Meraviglia for September 25.  Total was $500 for a 7 night cruise guarantee balcony.  Cruise is sailing from Miami.  Never been on MSC, does anyone know if they have solo meet and greet?

Been on Meraviglia and it's a nice ship, they do meet and greets if you ask and organize but as I'm following MSC board they have been suspended as of now but some roll calls are doing indy meets 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, julig22 said:

50% airfare is currently in effect - 90 day policy exception for Epic, Getaway and Jade if booked within 60 days of sailing.

I follow NCL solo pricing fairly closely and I look mostly at balcony room prices.  Some great deals on Epic in the Med this summer and into the fall.  Lots of 50% single supplements available.  Even the TA out of Rome in November is a decent deal although the single supplement is still at 100%.  

Edited by MichiganBound
  • Like 1

I booked a cruise on the Majestic Princess today to Alaska from Seattle for the end of August. The August 22 and 29 cruises have a 50% single supplement instead of 100%. It turned out to be a 33% single supplement when I found a TA that had a better price than booking directly with Princess. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geoherb said:

I booked a cruise on the Majestic Princess today to Alaska from Seattle for the end of August. The August 22 and 29 cruises have a 50% single supplement instead of 100%. It turned out to be a 33% single supplement when I found a TA that had a better price than booking directly with Princess. 

If it's not too much trouble, why don't you post a quick review of your experience after the cruise. I'm sailing solo on the Majestic in early October out of L.A. and would love to know your impressions of the ship and what it was like to sail solo on it.

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

If it's not too much trouble, why don't you post a quick review of your experience after the cruise. I'm sailing solo on the Majestic in early October out of L.A. and would love to know your impressions of the ship and what it was like to sail solo on it.

I plan to post a live thread on the Princess board. Right now, I'm not very impressed since I can't get the medallion app to install on my phone. I'm currently on hold with Princess to try to work it out. I've tried various fixes suggested the Google Play Store. 

I just got an email tonight offering no single supplement AND free airfare for several Viking cruises this summer/early fall--both ocean and river cruises.  Offer is EBD according to the email.

I had pretty much decided I am not cruising until I believe the pandemic is finally getting under control, but this offer is REALLY tempting.

9 hours ago, bottomfeeder said:

I just got an email tonight offering no single supplement AND free airfare for several Viking cruises this summer/early fall--both ocean and river cruises.  Offer is EBD according to the email.

I had pretty much decided I am not cruising until I believe the pandemic is finally getting under control, but this offer is REALLY tempting.

I received the same email and agree ... super tempting! I've been wanting to try Viking Ocean since they first launched but I like having my own cabin and the normal 100% SS is a budget killer.  

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 10:31 AM, Sprigs616 said:

I received the same email and agree ... super tempting! I've been wanting to try Viking Ocean since they first launched but I like having my own cabin and the normal 100% SS is a budget killer.  

I've been searching for this deal, can you give me any type of guidance for my search? thanks

32 minutes ago, bones774 said:

I've been searching for this deal, can you give me any type of guidance for my search? thanks

found them, had to do deep search and sort thru diff dates till I found the free air and no single sup

2 hours ago, bones774 said:

found them, had to do deep search and sort thru diff dates till I found the free air and no single sup

Sorry ... I just now saw your note.  Glad you found them.  The email I received had links that took me directly to some of the solo deals but not to all of them.  I ended up just searching the website as you're doing.  

Safe journeys!

So ... I put a 24-hour hold on Viking's 7-night Bermuda Escape (ocean).  The entire solo fare came to $1599 and included air from California!  The regular fare would have been $1799 but I received a $200 discount for being a previous cruiser with Viking. 

• Like 2