Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

As others have mentioned, solo cruises out of Europe this fall are crazy cheap. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm looking at a 10-day NCL out of Athens on Nov. 14th; I can book a solo balcony with 'free at sea' (open bar, specialty dining, wifi, etc) for $1921 all in. Stops include Israel, Greece and Turkey, sounds amazing! 

NCL Epic November 21. 15 night sailing from Rome to NYC. A studio room with all the perks included is at $1421. That's with the drinks package, 5 nights specialty dining, 500 minutes internet, etc. and gratuities on the packages included. Some nice ports too. I'm tempted. You do have to book your own airfare to Rome.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, dbrown84 said:

no single supplement and huge price drop (on insides, OV, and balconies) on the Dec 23rd NCL escape sailing.  this sailing covers Christmas and New Years.  I was able to rebook from a solo to inside and saved $1900

I know its holiday but this looks pricey 

Escape.PNG

On 10/30/2020 at 9:10 AM, logan25 said:

This deal is available directly from the cruise line but you may need to call them to actually book.  I was able to obtain solo pricing online but payment for deposit would not process.

Royal Caribbean Quantum OTS

August 30 - September 6, 2021

7-day Alaska itinerary

roundtrip Seattle

studio interior (2W)

$517 plus port fees and taxes

Note:  The pricing is valid because I made a deposit.  Phone call to RCI required.

Studio?  Thought NCL was only cruise line that had studios

Edited by jmsnyc

10 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

Studio?  Thought NCL was only cruise line that had studios

Royal has just a few on select ships.  You don't get double points for a studio like you do for booking solo in a double occupancy room.  And there is no "Solo Lounge" to go with it -- it's just a smaller room in a random part of the ship.

Oddly enough, the few times I've been on a ship that had one available, they were more expensive than a regular inside booked with the Single Supplement.  

I've been tracking prices of several Princess cruises for December. I noticed tonight that the single supplement is now lower on a lot of them. It was previously 100 percent. Now there are several cruises with single supplements from 38 to 48 percent. (Some cruises for the weeks I'm considering, unfortunately, still have 100 percent single supplements.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:55 AM, brillohead said:

Royal has just a few on select ships.  You don't get double points for a studio like you do for booking solo in a double occupancy room.  And there is no "Solo Lounge" to go with it -- it's just a smaller room in a random part of the ship.

Oddly enough, the few times I've been on a ship that had one available, they were more expensive than a regular inside booked with the Single Supplement.  

Some of the balcony solos look nice  though.  I think they just cut out the area with the couch

On 10/21/2021 at 9:49 AM, CruisinGirl777 said:

Thank you. I have not sailed with them yet so I am not familiar with their terms. 

Mariner is a Royal Caribbean ship name *(see my signature) and Diamond Plus is status with Royal Caribbean.   So I believe the D+ discount is only available to people who have reached that tier of their loyalty program

Edited by jmsnyc

9 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

Some of the balcony solos look nice  though.  I think they just cut out the area with the couch

Yes, if you're a balcony person. 

I never go on a balcony (I like shade and a nearby hot tub, pool, and bar/waiter), so it's a waste for someone like me. In my case, the inside room with the extra Crown & Anchor point works best.  

• Like 2

MSC Meraviglia - 7 night from Port Canaveral  

01/02/2022 or 01/09/2022

$489 solo balcony (Bella)

$472 if MSC Voyager Club member 

MSC Seashore - 7 night from Miami 

01/15/2022 or 01/29/2022

$705 solo balcony (Bella)

$598 if MSC Voyager Club member

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

12/12/21 Royal Caribbean
Jewel of the Seas 6-day from Miami
$414 solo balcony guaranty

JWitinerary.png.261bc080f20cfb1c3a53bba9fe2bae97.png

Thanks got for $344 with diamond + extends my dec 4th.  Only one XB guarantee left are you going?

Edited by bermuda_fm

41 minutes ago, bermuda_fm said:

Thanks got for $344 with diamond + extends my dec 4th.  Only one XB guarantee left are you going?

I originally booked this probably six or so months ago, an inside for over $600.  Price has dropped several times, so I'm now in a XB with my Diamond discount.  Come join our Roll Call!

1 hour ago, bermuda_fm said:

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I originally booked this probably six or so months ago, an inside for over $600.  Price has dropped several times, so I'm now in a XB with my Diamond discount.  Come join our Roll Call!

I thought I included the link to the Roll Call when I posted, but it looks like it didn't attach, so I'll repost it here:

MSC Meraviglia in march 7 nights

$257 plus $150 port charge. fantastica class, easy + drinks, wifi package, outside high up mid ship cabin i picked

$50 onboard credit

being a past passenger helped

msc did massive screwups reservation wise dumping people who booked long ago into gty just before i booked.

i won't be surprised or unhappy if they move me to a lousy cabin since i may have unknowingly taken someone's cabin.

i'd love to be offered a deal to downgrade to inside.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Laberge said:

Low single supplements on Princess cruises to Mexico or Caribbean from November through January.

The e-mail I got two days ago from my Princess cruise consultant said that the single supplement on "select" Mexican Riviera and Caribbean cruises through the end of January, 2022 is  now ZERO. I checked a few Caribbean ones in January, and they all came through with the zero supplement. One example; a balcony cabin on the Sky Princess for a 7-night Eastern Caribbean sailing on January 22 is $956 for one person, plus $150 taxes and port charges---about $158 per day in all. Even if you throw in gratuities and a beverage package you've got a balcony to yourself for under $250 a day.

If you don't mind being on an older ship, a similar 7-night Jan. 9 sailing on the Caribbean Princess is $736 for a solo balcony, plus $155 taxes and port charges---$127 a day.

Pretty good deals, in my opinion.

Jim

• Like 1