Cruise Critic Community
Suite Travels

The Crystal Insider

For those of you who do not get the Crystal Insider I will be happy to post future ones here.

Please do. For some reason I have been removed from all things Crystal! (Mailings, cruise catalogue etc. I even found out my email address had been altered, so I would not get any emails as well! - and yes, I have cruised Crystal)

Thank you Joy. I have been getting them and thought why not post them here. If anyone wants them just sign up. New cruisers may find this informative.

The renderings are very nice but I wonder how they will do the service during rough air. I saw no seatbelts either. Emirates has a similar lounge configuration as well and state of the art steam ovens. Suites are enclosed for privacy this looks more like an elaborate business class section. Emirates also has two showers in F/C with spa amenities and hairdryer and a very attentive dedicated first class crew.

For a lot less money I will fly Emirates or Singapore with personal choices of destinations.

Edited by Suite Travels

The Crystal Insider has an update on Crystal Air plans @ http://blog.crystalcruises.com/inside-crystal-aircruises/

The cabin looks very impressive, though I don't have excessively high hopes for the "Michelin star-inspired cuisine prepared by the onboard executive chef." It will probably be very high quality, F-class airline food. I imagine that the food will in fact be prepared by proper chefs in hotels or catering centers at various stops and warmed up onboard.

When is this lovely 777 likely to fly, and when will schedules/prices be announced?

The cabin looks very impressive, though I don't have excessively high hopes for the "Michelin star-inspired cuisine prepared by the onboard executive chef." It will probably be very high quality, F-class airline food. I imagine that the food will in fact be prepared by proper chefs in hotels or catering centers at various stops and warmed up onboard.

When is this lovely 777 likely to fly, and when will schedules/prices be announced?

+1... it's no knock on Crystal, but a lot of global airlines tout these inflight chefs, and for the most part they are just highly touted platers. They can do a very small bit inflight with some of the newer equipment available, but the vast majority is done by the caterer on the ground.

Vince

Today's installment is on, guess who: The CEO. We learn lots of cringe-worthy things, e.g., which seat she prefers in the AA first class cabin, that she gets massages on the ships, that she has been to over 100 countries (but never Egypt????), what gift she bought her son, and -- what we have all been wondering -- what the first thing she does when she lands (on a plane) in Italy. There are two photos of her-- including one on the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge. This is really embarrassing. I doubt that I am alone in caring much more about the product than about the CEO. When I was a CEO, I featured the worker-bees, not myself, whenever possible. How about a profile of a galley cook who just completed 20 years with Crystal? Or a faithful worker in the laundry? Or the engine room?