Online booking not recognising Peninsular club number?

Baronoli

Hi all,

Trying to book the first cruise after Oriana's refit and I keep being greeted with "

Peninsular Club Number

The Peninsular Club Number, First Name and Surname you have entered do not match any of our records.".

That's with copying and pasting, entering manually from paperwork booked for next years cruise and having someone else input the same number

It lets me get to payment, but after going back I could put random letters and it still let me continue to the last screen!

anyone else having this problem?

Yes! I had this problem when booking my cruise 4 weeks ago. When I had booked however, it said our passenger numbers on the booking confirmation and our passenger numbers were actually our peninsular club number, and that's even with us moving house and them not knowing so the system is much smarter than I gave it credit for. You can book anyway and it will probably recognise you but if you want to be on the safe sides I would ring them up

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I eventually rang P&O to make my booking when I had this problem on Saturday, when I mentioned to the lady Dealing with my booking she said that it was a known on-going problem but that everything was being brought through to the bookings ok.

Yes, I to have had this problem. I always thought the idea of providing your number was to get a better discount or get more on board credit, but it seems that doesn't count anymore. I think the on-line booking system is very out-dated, why you have to enter your name etc before seeing what cabins are available - I don't know of any other websites that you have to do this.

I have looked on the Princess website and on there you are able to click on a cabin from the deck plans to see if it is available and a description of the cabin comes up along with the price, it looks so much quicker.

Yes, I to have had this problem. I always thought the idea of providing your number was to get a better discount or get more on board credit, but it seems that doesn't count anymore. I think the on-line booking system is very out-dated, why you have to enter your name etc before seeing what cabins are available - I don't know of any other websites that you have to do this.

I have looked on the Princess website and on there you are able to click on a cabin from the deck plans to see if it is available and a description of the cabin comes up along with the price, it looks so much quicker.

Very odd as it is basically the same website for all Carnival lines.

However this is why I use a TA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

This has been going on for months now. P&O are aware of the problem.

However, it does give you the correct pricing as it gave me the price for the cruise we booked over a month ago, which is a past passenger cruise and, therefore, needed 5% taken off. When I booked with P&O on the phone (which we always do) the price the lady gave me was exactly the same as the price the website had given me.

• 2 years later...

Bit after the thread start, however the problem still appears to exist. First step, I totally cleared my cache and rebooted and it worked OK on next attempt.

Maybe useful for anyone else looking up this thread where it came up as first item on my search.