Evening port stop in Cozumel

no1racefan1

We will be in Cozumel from noon-10pm on the Carnival Victory in February. I am thinking about booking some type of excursion for part of the time; most of them seem to run 1-4 or 5. What do people recommend for the rest of the evening? I am not a drinker so bar hopping would not be fun for me.

Go back to the ship and enjoy it being less crowded?

Nice dinner in Cozumel?

Also, most of the AIs I've looked at are only open until 5 so it doesn't seem like it would be worth it for a day pass. Has anybody purchased a pass to one of these even if you only have a couple of hours? Or are there any that are open later?

You might consider taking a ferry over to Playa del Carmen. But , head to one of the beach clubs in the afternoon and then go to a nice restaurant in town in the evening. Kinta's, La Choza, Casa Mission, are popular evening spots for island vacationers.

With the extended hours Carnival is having in Cozumel on many itineraries, I'm wondering if the AI beach clubs will stay open later than 5pm? On the other hand, I can't imagine being at one, sitting in the sun or even the shade, playing in the water and eating and drinking anything you like for more than 5 or 6 hours - if you can, you have way more stamina than I do! ;)

KC