Inside guarantee or Inside Havana for solo

bizeemom4

I've got a great offer but can't decide what to book. 8 days on the Vista in an inside guarantee or for $500 more upgrade to the Havana interior.

From the very little research that I've done, I see that there is concern about the noise in the havana interior cabins. How late at night will that happen? Should I just save my money and go with any interior they give me with the guarantee? I like the idea of having the havana pool area to use during the day. I'm travelling alone and I don't get into any of the Lido deck pool stuff so a quiet area seems perfect to me.

I've never, ever booked an interior on any ship before but because it's the new ship and the offer is really cheap, I'm willing to try it out.

Edited by bizeemom4

I've always had interior rooms. I have had a porthole once.

Personally, I don't spend a ton of time in the room, so the lower price of the interior just makes more sense. I also sleep much better because it's so dark. I'm booked in January for an 8 day on Vista. In this case, especially since it's a new ship with so much to explore, the room will just be a place to crash after long days in the sun.

I would book the Havana inside. Much nicer decor and being on deck 5, if it is deck 5, is super convenient. Also, the other pools get crazy busy on sea days. If you are planning to spend any time by the pool, I would definitely book the Havana inside.

Yes, the cabin is right in the middle of the Havana insides on deck 5

To help with your noise query, we were in 5221 on the Aug 26th sailing in the Med, a cabin that directly adjoins the Havana Bar area. We found that if we concentrated hard and "tuned in" we could occasionally hear very faint music. Interestingly, when returning to the room, the louder music tended to be coming from Ocean Plaza. In the evenings they close the doors at the entrance to the Havana corridors on Deck 5 and this was very effective. To summarise, noise was not anywhere near an issue.

We loved the Havana outside area, which on our port-intensive Med cruise was largely deserted during the day (as was the Havana Bar). Having done most of the ports several times before, we took the opportunity to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Havana area. One morning towards the end of the cruise, I took a walk around the ship. Lido was busy, Tides pool was busy, Serenity was busy (and noisy from the neighbouring Waterworks). I returned to the Havana area where my family and one other couple were the only people there, and it struck me how quiet and different from the rest of the ship it was.

Yes, the cabin is right in the middle of the Havana insides on deck 5

Well, then I would most certainly take the Havana cabin. My daughter and her boyfriend were in inside 5225. It was nicer than regular inside cabins, no noise, but they preferred all the craziness going on at the Lido deck. Since I was after quiet and relaxation, I was perfectly happy to be by the Havana pool or on the patio of my Havana suite!