Speciality Restaurant Dietary Questions (1st timer)

Phatferd

My wife (to be) and I will be on a 7 day Miracle cruise through the Mexican Riveria (Cabo 2 days, PV 1 day) for our Honeymoon. I'm a foodie, but she is not mostly due to her not eating red meat or pork. Based on this I was hoping some of you well educated people could help me with the below questions:

I really want to do the Chef's Table, but was wondering if it's possible to do a chicken, fish or veggy only option for her. I don't want to be difficult, but I also don't want to disrespect the Chef by her giving me her food she won't eat. I also don't want to do this solo since it's our Honeymoon.

If we go to the steakhouse and she wants chicken, would they make something for her or better yet, would they be willing to bring her a dish we had in the MDR a previous night that she enjoyed? I don't care about paying for it, I just want to enjoy a great steak without feeling like I dragged her somewhere she doesn't have options.

Can we bring food back to our rooms from any of the restaurants/bars to our room if we wanted to save it for later?

Thanks!

Edited by Phatferd

A few things, your post is a little confusing as your topic is specialty restaurants and then you talk about Chef's Table, which is not a specialty restaurant.

"If we go to the steakhouse and she wants chicken, would they make something for her or better yet, would they be willing to bring her a dish we had in the MDR a previous night"

Why would you pay $35 for a MDR meal?

We had a diet restricted guest on our Chef's Table and they accommodated him very well. He was very impressed they worked around his diet.

My wife is a non red meat eater as well and she said the Sea Bass in the Steakhouse was one of the best she had and she's a chef.

As to bringing food back to your cabin, I never understood why someone would do this, eat stale old food when there is 24 hour room service.

First off, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! That's exciting. Next, I haven't been to the chefs table, but I have heard they are.VERY accommodating to special diets, just let them know up front. Don't worry about offending the chef, they are actual quite creative and happy to do it. As for the steakhouse, you can google the menu (sorry wish I had a link for you!) and let her see if she likes the selections, there are quite a few that are not red meat. As to your last question, I am not sure, I have taken my dessert out of the MDR with me before when we were running late to a show, but I'm not sure about the specialty restaurants on that one. Have fun, enjoy your honeymoon!

As a previous poster said, there have been reports from people with limited/specialty diets that are accommodated at the Chef's Table (gluten free/allergies, pescatarian, vegetarian, vegan, etc.) My understanding is someone meets with people that have booked the Chef's Table a day or two prior to discuss any allergies or food preferences.

As for the steakhouse, there is a chicken dish on the menu, as well as seabass, lobster, and lobster ravioli. If contacted ahead of time, the steakhouse might even be able to do a vegetarian dish - I've read reports of people doing that. It usually seems to be some sort of mushroom dish.

Steakhouse menu posted on Carnival's website - https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/steakhouse-menu.ashx

There's chicken in the steakhouse. I've never tried it (too many delicious steak and seafood options) but I have heard it is delicious. There are also lots of seafood/veg/fish options throughout the courses (and fish/seafood options for main, not sure if there was a veg option for main to be honest but I'm sure they can arrange something, albeit likely not a random MDR dish probably).

As to the Chef Table, you can submit dietary restrictions (no red meat, etc) for the general things and, honestly, it's so many courses that if she doesn't like something specific you forgot to admit, it will be OK to leave some food on the plate. People did even when they LOVED it and also when it didn't suit their tastes when I was at CT. I would share her general preferences with them ahead of time but also not stress about "offending" the Chef by not eating unless your future wife has a penchant for rudeness about it.