HAL Shore Excursion "Promo Code" ?

MCC retired

We are looking to book a shore tour or two .

HAL online has a box to enter a "Promo Code" .

Anyone know of any valid code to use ?

1st HAL cruise in a long time (been cruising other lines with more restrictive smoking policies), but this cruise from nearby Tampa, @ a great price was hard to resist.

I think with some promotions certain shore excursions may be reduced. HAL provides that promo code and it is only valid if you are on that cruise and paying the "price" for the promo code.

I've never had it so can't help in what it is. But, I do remember people reporting that certain shore excursions were reduced on certain cruises.

I don't think it happens a whole lot. At least, not yet ;)

We are looking to book a shore tour or two .

HAL online has a box to enter a "Promo Code" .

Anyone know of any valid code to use ?

1st HAL cruise in a long time (been cruising other lines with more restrictive smoking policies), but this cruise from nearby Tampa, @ a great price was hard to resist.

Earlier this year we booked a cruise with discounted shore excursions, but the savings were minimal, about 5% on only certain ones. I cannot remember if we used a Promo Code or not - sorry.

Edited by DaveOKC

When HAL had a promotion to discount select shore excursions from 5-10%, the savings showed up once you were at the checkout stage. One shore excursion I had chosen had a 10% discount, another had none, and the last one had 5% savings.

This was a time limited offer, and did NOT require a promo code to be inserted.

As far as I know and have read, no one has ever had a promo code to insert into the box. Perhaps this has been set up for a future use/marketing feature?

Edited by CJcruzer

• 6 months later...

I've booked a cruise with the 2016-2017 View & Verandah sale which includes "up to 10% off select Journeys Ashore".

My research indicates that HAL does not utilize "Promotion Codes" at check out. They do show the discounted price if applicable. For my upcoming cruise I have been unable to find any discount at 10%, some have a 5%, and most have NO DISCOUNT. :rolleyes:

FYI - the View & Verandah shorex discount ends March 15, 2017.

• 10 months later...

After reading your texts, my question to HAL shall be: Why in the world do you have a Promo Code you can select, if no one seems to know what the promo codes are? Really, HAL? ;)

I think I'll call my TA and ask her to check if she has time.