Formal nights - packing help

Scotsgirl01

Hi - sailing on 11th October on the Voyager - 2 formal, 1 smart casual and 4 casual nights.

Does anyone know which order these will be? Trying to work out when I can wear a casual outfit on board and then wear it again offshore. Wanting to keep packing to a minimum.

Cheers x

Thanks Direptor - to be honest I'm never sure of the difference between smart and smart/casual. Oh well guess I'll just have to wait and see :)

I can no longer see any difference in actual attire between casual and smart casual.

Here is what the cruise line suggests:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

Actually the link Bob referenced is the latest dress code. "Smart casual" is the old "casual." So you have 2 Formal and the rest are "smart casual." But look at the definition. The old days of a "sport coat and tie" for men for "Smart Casual" night is gone. Just pack for 2 Formal Nights if desired.

Edited by papaflamingo

Thanks all - I was aware of the 2 formal nights, but it was more to work out which nights they were held - I'm hoping to wear some of my casual stuff when onshore - and would prefer to wear them on ship first - guess it's a thing the ladies will understand!!

Newbie question: We're on the Allure 2/6 - does every cruise have certain nights for formal, casual etc.? I haven't cruised in 10 years and I remember there being 1 formal night. Thanks for answering the probably dumb question lol.

For Allure, there are usually 2 formal nights. The others are casual. They might mention Smart Casual, but I can't tell the difference anymore.