Home Of The Brave Tour

cecparkinson

Would of loved to of done this tour during our visit to Honoloulu in Decenber however with the early pick up from down town and the later arrival of the ship, tour company unable to take me, was wondering if there was a guide book or information to help me do something similar on my own (hire car). The tour takes in places like wheeler army airfield and Schofield barracks aswell as the Arizona. I am extremely interested in visiting these places (or is there nothing to see there anymore),can any one help. Regards Cec and Kim Parkinson.:)

This tour perked up my interest as well.

It seems there are many tours in HAWAII that don't really cater to cruise ship schedules. This is one BIG difference in cruising to American ports Vs. foreign ports. Entire cities/islands await the cruise ships arrival in the Caribbean.

I guess HAWAII has enough money coming in off airplanes.

We have taken the Home of the Brave tour several times while we were staying at the military hotel (Hale Koa) on Waikiki. People were also picked at numerous hotels in the area.

As far as doing a similar tour on your own, I don't think it would be possible, because of the need for a military ID to enter in a car onto Ft. Shafter, Wheeler Field, etc. I would definitely check with those installations if you can get in with just driver's license.

Besides, you would miss the narration and very good explanation that makes the Home of the Brave such a great tour. They totally strive to give the flavor of December 7, 1941.

It doesn't appear a tour of the Missouri is included in this tour. Am I mistaken?

My Dad was on the Missouri and it's a must see for me. For anyone who has toured the Missouri, how much of the ship is available? I'd love to stand at the point where my Dad was stationed.

As far as doing a similar tour on your own' date=' I don't think it would be possible, because of the need for a military ID to enter in a car onto Ft. Shafter, Wheeler Field, etc.

Cruz'n couple If I did have a military ID would I be able to see anything at FT Shafter and Wheeler Field and are there any signs up giving information. Also could you reccomend a guide book to narrate me through the day.I would of loved to do this tour but unfortunately they leave too early for the arrival of the ship.

many thanks Cec Parkinson

Archived