Xciting Deal slight of hand

grandgeezer

I've been watching the November 28 sailing on the Equinox, 14 day Caribbean. It's been $1119 p.p., in a balcony, with no perks and $1369 with one perk. It's on this weeks Xciting deals. The new price is $1099 with no perks, a huge $20 drop. The price with one perk is still $1369 with one perk. It's not the money, it's the principal. Maybe some other time, I've seen enough of their deals.

I've been watching the November 28 sailing on the Equinox, 14 day Caribbean. It's been $1119 p.p., in a balcony, with no perks and $1369 with one perk. It's on this weeks Xciting deals. The new price is $1099 with no perks, a huge $20 drop. The price with one perk is still $1369 with one perk. It's not the money, it's the principal. Maybe some other time, I've seen enough of their deals.

What is the principal? Oh, they should do a bigger discount, why?

:confused:

:)

I guess I have missed the point you are trying to make. Was the $20 drop not big enough??

When I see a cruise that I want to take at a good price, I book it. I don't quibble about $20. In the scheme of travel, $20 is nothing. If you don't book, next time you look the price may be higher. Know when it is a good price for you. Of course, prices vary up and down all the time.

I would book and gladly take the $20.00, and if it goes down another $20.00 before final payment, I would take that too, etc, etc.

Aren't the "exciting deals" already past final payment? :confused:

Personally my time is worth more than the $20 and the time it would take to chase that "deal."

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Aren't the "exciting deals" already past final payment? :confused:

Personally my time is worth more than the $20 and the time it would take to chase that "deal."

Exactly! I spend more than $20 for a couple beer's.

But we all have a different feeling and outlook of what the cost of 'value' is.

At the current price, and the so called 'exciting' price, the cruise does not have enough value for the OP.

As far as I'm concerned $1099 for 14 night cruise is pretty Exciting.

Yes, Exciting Deals are always after final payment and FOR NEW BOOKINGS only.

The Exciting Deals rate program is valid for new bookings only, is not combinable with any other offer or promotion and does not count towards tour conductor credits. Exciting Deals ends on the date as stated above at 11:59PM EST. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, in U.S. or Canadian dollars as noted. This offer is based on stateroom availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Governmental departure taxes and fees are additional. Certain restrictions may apply. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc. ©2016

Perhaps it is more in another category. As you know the savings varies depending on demand on certain categories. Some categories may not have any savings.

Also if you had not been tracking the price of the cruise you would not realize it was not exciting. I think those emails are meant for the cruiser who does not spend time on CC. Now on our November 2017 cruise I feel like I got a good deal, but who knows. Maybe it was cheaper the week before I booked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly! I spend more than $20 for a couple beer's.

But we all have a different feeling and outlook of what the cost of 'value' is.

At the current price, and the so called 'exciting' price, the cruise does not have enough value for the OP.

So if Celebrity offers you a couple of free beers, you would then think that the price is now more exciting and you are no longer hesitant about booking? ;)

A $20 discount is similar to hiking the price and then offering the second fare at half price.

Everyone has their own threshold for exchanging their savings for "luxury" spending. $20 is not even enough to get a fake Rolex. :D

Edited by Arno.
Spilled the beer.

So if Celebrity offers you a couple of free beers, you would then think that the price is now more exciting and you are no longer hesitant about booking? ;)

A $20 discount is similar to hiking the price and then offering the second fare at half price.

Everyone has their own threshold for exchanging their savings for "luxury" spending. $20 is not even enough to get a fake Rolex. :D

I'll type a little slower so you can keep up. The point is there there is 0 savings on one of their Xciting deals if you want one perk. The amount doesn't matter. I wasn't going to book for the $20, just looking. Based on my recent cruises on X it's still about $200 p.p. over priced.

I guess you will have to type using hunt & peck for me, because even with your slower typing, I still don't get your point. Call me stupid. Are you always this sarcastic?

Apparently yes.

OP does not see the value with a perk added. News flash--those perks are not free. They get added into the price. Some people may see them as free, but they're not.

And just because OP does not see the price as a value, doesn't mean that someone else might. We all have different ideas of "value." The principle of the thing is that everyone is different. I haven't seen a lot of value in the Exciting Deals lately either, so I just don't book them. I have received fabulous deals in the past. Now, not so much. I'm OK with that. I know what I'm willing to pay.

My original post was an observation, nothing else. I was not trying to impose my will on anybody else. Read the snarky responses that ensued. If you are trying to intimidate me into following the masses, you are wasting your time. I have a right to my opinion and will stand up for it. I'm not going away.

As far as I'm concerned $1099 for 14 night cruise is pretty Exciting.

Yes, Exciting Deals are always after final payment and FOR NEW BOOKINGS only.

Normally this is true. However X forgot about those of us that still had final payments due 75 days before a cruise because the cruise was booked so long ago! (Not the new 90 days out) I cancelled and rebooked my November 2016 cruise on the Equinox after it showed up on Xciting Deals - and saved a boatload of money by doing so. :)

Normally this is true. However X forgot about those of us that still had final payments due 75 days before a cruise because the cruise was booked so long ago! (Not the new 90 days out) I cancelled and rebooked my November 2016 cruise on the Equinox after it showed up on Xciting Deals - and saved a boatload of money by doing so. :)

Wow, that is terrific. Good for you.

Perhaps I have thicker skin but I didn't discern any snarky comments directed towards you. I did read some folks respectfully disagreeing but certainly no one asking you to go away. Your final statement seems to indicate you would prefer they go away unless they agree with you.