Xciting Deal slight of hand

grandgeezer

Perhaps I have thicker skin but I didn't discern any snarky comments directed towards you. I did read some folks respectfully disagreeing but certainly no one asking you to go away. Your final statement seems to indicate you would prefer they go away unless they agree with you.

Like%20button%20II_zpsjxdvx3cg.jpg

Perhaps I have thicker skin but I didn't discern any snarky comments directed towards you. I did read some folks respectfully disagreeing but certainly no one asking you to go away. Your final statement seems to indicate you would prefer they go away unless they agree with you.

Like!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

My original post was an observation, nothing else. I was not trying to impose my will on anybody else. Read the snarky responses that ensued. If you are trying to intimidate me into following the masses, you are wasting your time. I have a right to my opinion and will stand up for it. I'm not going away.

Where is your next cruise?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I'll type a little slower so you can keep up. The point is there there is 0 savings on one of their Xciting deals if you want one perk. The amount doesn't matter. I wasn't going to book for the $20, just looking. Based on my recent cruises on X it's still about $200 p.p. over priced.

You can type at whatever speed you wish but my comment was not made to you.

I know when there is a deal or a steal and $20 bucks would not entice me to change my mind about booking or not....

However some might think that the "thick" does not refer to skin... :D

I know when there is a deal or a steal and $20 bucks would not entice me to change my mind about booking or not....

You did not go there!!!! LOL

Thanks for your humour!

bon voyage

Is that $20 USD or $20 CAD?

$20USD is a lot money now :p

Should have booked before Aug 31st to take advantage of four perks.

I've been watching the November 28 sailing on the Equinox, 14 day Caribbean. It's been $1119 p.p., in a balcony, with no perks and $1369 with one perk. It's on this weeks Xciting deals. The new price is $1099 with no perks, a huge $20 drop. The price with one perk is still $1369 with one perk. It's not the money, it's the principal. Maybe some other time, I've seen enough of their deals.
Edited by awhcruiser

Duplicate

I've been watching the November 28 sailing on the Equinox, 14 day Caribbean. It's been $1119 p.p., in a balcony, with no perks and $1369 with one perk. It's on this weeks Xciting deals. The new price is $1099 with no perks, a huge $20 drop. The price with one perk is still $1369 with one perk. It's not the money, it's the principal. Maybe some other time, I've seen enough of their deals.
Edited by awhcruiser

Love.....

Big thumbs up! Thanks Arno!

Nice!

Agreed, cost benefit for the individual. Like people who bemoan guys in Vegas who will refuse to spend an extra $10/$15 on a nicer dinner in order to take advantage of a marginal loss-leader meal at $9.99. Only to later drop a load of cash playing dice. I shrug my shoulders, if it makes them happy.

For me, I love the thrill of the hunt and if a deal arrived that fit within my travel parameters where I could save 20 bucks, I would jump on it. My value comes from thinking I got the very best deal possible. Some might say, not worth my time or effort and I am in no position to disagree with them.

What I don't understand, the incessant complaining from a cadre of posters. Many have not sailed Celebrity in quite some time, or others who throw out the empty "I am not sailing Celebrity any more" threat and some who just don't seem to be very happy with much at all. For them I will quote Bo - bon voyage

Nice!

Agreed, cost benefit for the individual. Like people who bemoan guys in Vegas who will refuse to spend an extra $10/$15 on a nicer dinner in order to take advantage of a marginal loss-leader meal at $9.99. Only to later drop a load of cash playing dice. I shrug my shoulders, if it makes them happy.

For me, I love the thrill of the hunt and if a deal arrived that fit within my travel parameters where I could save 20 bucks, I would jump on it. My value comes from thinking I got the very best deal possible. Some might say, not worth my time or effort and I am in no position to disagree with them.

What I don't understand, the incessant complaining from a cadre of posters. Many have not sailed Celebrity in quite some time, or others who throw out the empty "I am not sailing Celebrity any more" threat and some who just don't seem to be very happy with much at all. For them I will quote Bo - bon voyage

xm - Rated: A1 - I have found that most who complain and have not or will not sail X again, may not have any other cruises planned or cannot post in the forum where they are taking their business, which is a shame as I Am sure those forums would enjoy hearing what they have to say about X or any other line which they are not fond of for whatever reason.

While most of us here are, for the most part, happy cruisers with some minor issues here and there... unless you believe you were ripped off for $20 or so after booking, then the sailing will be woefully bad in all aspects!

So we get haunted... LOL

bon voyage! :)