Scenic Eclipse

russg140

thank you for that - unfortunately there seems to be very limited info out there - I suppose we will soon find out - is anyone else on December 6 sailing??

Jane

Close we are on the 9th of November staying on deck 7...we will try and leave as we found it

Still not getting any information updates. When I checked my passenger forms they have added Terms and Conditions that are readable. Also pdf form to give Medical Director of the ship when you arrive.

The terms and conditions still state ONE BAG 42LB. limit.:eek: Absurd.

I just came back from one week to Ambergris Caye, Belize. Traveled alone and my bag weighed 61 pounds.

I cannot believe they expect my husband and I to do a 23 day cruise plus pre and post days with 42 pounds. Am I sounding spoiled? :o

Anyone with better information please post here.

Thanks guys.

Still not getting any information updates. When I checked my passenger forms they have added Terms and Conditions that are readable. Also pdf form to give Medical Director of the ship when you arrive.

I just came back from one week to Ambergris Caye, Belize. Traveled alone and my bag weighed 61 pounds.

I cannot believe they expect my husband and I to do a 23 day cruise plus pre and post days with 42 pounds. Am I sounding spoiled? :o

Thanks guys.

See my comments at post #50. I am not concerned now about the baggage "allowance". Scenic has told me it is just a guide and won't be strictly enforced (they are not going to leave an "extra" suitcase on the dock as the owner boards a 5* cruiseship!). My intention is to take my usual - 2 larger suitcases and 1 smaller suitcase (total), for my husband and I. That falls into their "reasonable" luggage allowance, as currently practiced on Scenic river ships.

Surely many Scenic customers fly Business class, which entitles you to check 2 large bags and have 2 carry-ons [including the 'personal item'] per person. If I wanted to live out of a backpack, I would book a Rick Steves tour...

See my comments at post #50. I am not concerned now about the baggage "allowance". Scenic has told me it is just a guide and won't be strictly enforced (they are not going to leave an "extra" suitcase on the dock as the owner boards a 5* cruiseship!). My intention is to take my usual - 2 larger suitcases and 1 smaller suitcase (total), for my husband and I. That falls into their "reasonable" luggage allowance, as currently practiced on Scenic river ships.

Thanks so much Cruising Kirby, sorry I missed your post #50, seems I didn't have my email setting correct so haven't seen responses until today.

I usually don't over pack, but 42 pounds wasn't going to hack it.

So happy to have someone from Australia familiar with Scenic. Too bad your not on our cruise.

Surely many Scenic customers fly Business class, which entitles you to check 2 large bags and have 2 carry-ons [including the 'personal item'] per person. If I wanted to live out of a backpack, I would book a Rick Steves tour...

Well said Jazz. I don't tend to over pack. Common sense prevails. Not flying coach for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

We are currently booked on the January 17, 2019 Antarctic cruise, but in light of the fact that Scenic appears to still be making it up as they go (I had more than one person tell me that there would be no lift/elevator access to Deck 9 - which has since been rescinded), their ridiculous luggage limitation, and their inflexibility with flights, I'm about to kiss the US$3,000.00 deposits goodbye and cancel.

So if anyone's interested in Owner's Penthouse Suite 901, it'll soon be available.

I'll continue to follow developments on this thread, and hope you all have a great time - maybe we'll try again in a couple of years.

They may want backpackers! I noticed awhile back that they have switched the piece of complimentary Scenic Club luggage to a complimentary backpack or a unisex satchel.

We are booked on " Cuba in Depth" in October. Maybe I have missed it, but does anyone know the evening dress code?

Edited by Cancun01

Thanks guys.

The terms and conditions I have state one case ( 30"x21"X11)/(76x53x28cms) and 50lbs/23kgs. Not much better!

We are booked on " Cuba in Depth" in October. Maybe I have missed it, but does anyone know the evening dress code?

We are also booked on the "Cuba in Depth" sailing of 18th October,I think,we are having a terrible time trying to get any information with regards anything! I have contacted Boston Headquarters,I get no reply what so ever.I had to book through Spain because this is where I reside,had to make payments by Bank Transfer!!!!!:mad: Have never done this before,always paid with Credit Card. Yet to receive a receipt of payment which was sent two weeks ago. The Scenic representatives here in Spain do not know anything,always saying that they have to contact headquarters,but, if headquarters does not know,how will they. We have very important issue that needs to be confirmed,I shall not go into it, I need an answer,now of course we are within the 130 days Penalty period! Have sailed 5 times with Silversea and never had any problems.So far the Customer Relations with Scenic has been abysmal. I can only hope the ship meets up to all the expectations!!!!!!!!!! So you can imagine "dress code", would only surmise it would be as other Luxury cruise ships.

Roll call for Scenic Eclipse 23 days Tenerife to Athens April 5 2019.

Now I am getting very concerned about our cruise.

We are not volume cruisers, have only done a 16 day Silver Cloud Panama Canal and this will be a 23 day Mediterranean. These are our dream cruises. I would sure hate for this one to be a screw up.

Would have stuck with Silver Sea but reports the last few years weren't exactly glowing.

If this is a mistake I really want to know NOW!

We are getting so little information and certainly not any kind of special treatment like Silver Sea gave 10 years ago.

I would have expected a lot more from a "6 Star" cruise.

Am I wrong?

:eek::confused:

Scenic are currently giving information sessions across Canada. Unfortunately, we were not able to go to the one in our city last week. We have been before and information regarding "open seating" in the restaurants was explained at that time.

We paid our final payment on Friday by cc through our TA. We received a receipt with all of our info., terms and conditions etc. within the hour from our TA but it was issued by Scenic. I then completed the trip personalizer. This morning I received a " Welcome to Scenic" email which basically said " glad you have chosen to join us" and outlined all of their products. Nothing of any consequence or that I did not already know. My understanding is that the documents are issued within the month before sailing.

I asked about the dress code because in my experience dress codes do vary even among the luxury lines.

Now I am getting very concerned about our cruise.

We are not volume cruisers, have only done a 16 day Silver Cloud Panama Canal and this will be a 23 day Mediterranean. These are our dream cruises. I would sure hate for this one to be a screw up.

Would have stuck with Silver Sea but reports the last few years weren't exactly glowing.

If this is a mistake I really want to know NOW!

We are getting so little information and certainly not any kind of special treatment like Silver Sea gave 10 years ago.

I would have expected a lot more from a "6 Star" cruise.

Am I wrong?

:eek::confused:

In my experience we don't usually hear much from any cruiseline until after final payment.

We are also booked on the "Cuba in Depth" sailing of 18th October,I think,we are having a terrible time trying to get any information with regards anything! I have contacted Boston Headquarters,I get no reply what so ever.I had to book through Spain because this is where I reside,had to make payments by Bank Transfer!!!!!:mad: Have never done this before,always paid with Credit Card. Yet to receive a receipt of payment which was sent two weeks ago. The Scenic representatives here in Spain do not know anything,always saying that they have to contact headquarters,but, if headquarters does not know,how will they. We have very important issue that needs to be confirmed,I shall not go into it, I need an answer,now of course we are within the 130 days Penalty period! Have sailed 5 times with Silversea and never had any problems.So far the Customer Relations with Scenic has been abysmal. I can only hope the ship meets up to all the expectations!!!!!!!!!! So you can imagine "dress code", would only surmise it would be as other Luxury cruise ships.

From my understanding, the Boston office is for USA based passengers. The Canadian office is based in Vancouver and they have contacted me through my TA when the itinerary changed and to tell us that the stateroom size was larger than advertised in the brochure.

If you have an important issue your TA should be assisting you. Scenic do not appear to have an office in Europe. The head office info is:

Level 4

25 Watt Street

Newcastle

NSW 2300 Australia

info@scenic.com.au

scenic.com.au

Hope this helps and that you get your issue resolved. Good luck!

From my understanding, the Boston office is for USA based passengers. The Canadian office is based in Vancouver and they have contacted me through my TA when the itinerary changed and to tell us that the stateroom size was larger than advertised in the brochure.

If you have an important issue your TA should be assisting you. Scenic do not appear to have an office in Europe. The head office info is:

Level 4

25 Watt Street

Newcastle

NSW 2300 Australia

info@scenic.com.au

scenic.com.au

Hope this helps and that you get your issue resolved. Good luck!

Thank you. Keeping my fingers crossed,see you on board,hopefully!

Thank you. Keeping my fingers crossed,see you on board,hopefully!

Hopefully you can resolve your concern. I feel your frustration from here!!!! I have toll free phone numbers but I don't think they work outside of Canada.

We are currently booked on the January 17, 2019 Antarctic cruise, but in light of the fact that Scenic appears to still be making it up as they go (I had more than one person tell me that there would be no lift/elevator access to Deck 9 - which has since been rescinded), their ridiculous luggage limitation, and their inflexibility with flights, I'm about to kiss the US$3,000.00 deposits goodbye and cancel.

So if anyone's interested in Owner's Penthouse Suite 901, it'll soon be available.

I'll continue to follow developments on this thread, and hope you all have a great time - maybe we'll try again in a couple of years.

DearAnnOther1,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your decision to cancel at this time. Due to the nature of our cruise and this particular destination, there are certain restrictions we must abide by such as the luggage limitations to meet the airfare conditions. Unfortunately, the airlines scheduling and changes to scheduling are also outside of our control. Scenic Eclipse however has a multitude of destinations that we will be sailing to and perhaps there will be another destination that is more favourable to you in the future.

Best wishes,

The Scenic Team

Dear Mistinguett,

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting through to someone. If you could please email your contact details and booking number through to customercare@scenic.com.au, one of the team will be able to contact you.

Best wishes,

The Scenic Team

Scenic Tours!!!!! It is great to see you are on this board. You will see a number of people are getting quite anxious about the Scenic Eclipse. I think this is mainly due to the lack of information/conflicting information currently available. Your timely responses here will be most appreciated I am sure.