Carnival Inspiration/Imagination Wedding

mindymariexxo

Hello Brides! My fiancé and I are getting married on the Carnival Inspiration next year and I am super excited, but I would love to get a little more information!

Has anyone been married on the Inspiration or her sister ship the Imagination? Can you tell me where the ceremony was? We booked the DJ so my understanding is that the reception will be in the dance club. Not my first pick, but we definitely wanted a DJ.

Also, since you have to board with your hair and makeup done, were you able to keep yourself separated from your groom? I'm not sure I will be able to keep him from seeing me... another option is to give in and get all the way ready before boarding and do first look pictures. Any good spots in the area?

Any pictures or experiences from weddings on these ships would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey, I am getting married on the Imagination october 9th i will let you know how it goes. We have the DJ booked but was told we can do it in a different room but i cant recall the name of the room right now. I have all that written down somewhere haha. We have 122 guests so we hope it turns out okay. 17 days away.. wish us luck... if you live in the area i would suggest scheduling a tour of the ship and pick out where you want the ceremony and reception, take lots of pictures!

Ohhh yes please! If you can share pictures that would be wonderful, and also if you can let me know the other option for the reception with a DJ. I thought I was told it would be in the night club, but I could be totally off.

I also didn't know that we could tour the ship to see the locations, that's great! (My wedding is a year out so I'm just barely beginning to plan) I've been on the Imagination and Inspiration quite a few times (I'm local so we take this cruise almost once a year) so I have a pretty good idea of where the areas are and what they look like but I've never really thought about them from a wedding perspective so I'm trying to think of where it would be and how a wedding would look :)

I hope you have a beautiful wedding and an amazing time on your cruise!!

Hello Brides! My fiancé and I are getting married on the Carnival Inspiration next year and I am super excited, but I would love to get a little more information!

Has anyone been married on the Inspiration or her sister ship the Imagination? Can you tell me where the ceremony was? We booked the DJ so my understanding is that the reception will be in the dance club. Not my first pick, but we definitely wanted a DJ.

Also, since you have to board with your hair and makeup done, were you able to keep yourself separated from your groom? I'm not sure I will be able to keep him from seeing me... another option is to give in and get all the way ready before boarding and do first look pictures. Any good spots in the area?

Any pictures or experiences from weddings on these ships would be greatly appreciated!!

To avoid your groom the wedding planner can help, you can stay in the VIP lounge and he can stay outside with the other guests. I highly suggest you call and set up a tour on a day a wedding is taking place so you can see how it all works out.

I got married on the Imagination on August 3, 2014. We got married in the Shangri La Lounge and the reception was next door in the Illusions nightclub. Feel free to friend request me on Facebook my name is Lori Snelling and look at my wedding pictures.

Thank you so much Lori! I would love to look! I'm Mindy Sanford. Just sent you a request!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our wedding cruise. It was grat! It did feel rushed but everything went by very fast. We had 120 guest and it was a lot. We tried to visit with everyone but ran out of time. But 73 people cruised with us so we met up with them for dinner every night and visited with them then. Everything looked grass and out first said it was the nicest wedding they have been to and was the funnest. We ended up buying all of our pictures because they were great and my wife loves pictures. Plan on tasking a copy of the picture package with prices you get in your email packet because they tried selling us a different package but i had a copy.

If you guys have the budget i would definitely recommend upgrading to the penthouse/owners suite so roomy and big. Let me know if you want to know more

Hracing congrats on your wedding!! My very first cruise was a wedding on the Inspiration. It was awesome... so much so that I'm currently booked to get married on the Paradise. The wedding I went too they got married in the main theatre and the reception was in the dance club. I think it really depends on how many weddings they do that day and who has the largest amount of people. You may not get a choice, but it's worth trying

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from our wedding cruise. It was grat! It did feel rushed but everything went by very fast. We had 120 guest and it was a lot. We tried to visit with everyone but ran out of time. But 73 people cruised with us so we met up with them for dinner every night and visited with them then. Everything looked grass and out first said it was the nicest wedding they have been to and was the funnest. We ended up buying all of our pictures because they were great and my wife loves pictures. Plan on tasking a copy of the picture package with prices you get in your email packet because they tried selling us a different package but i had a copy.

If you guys have the budget i would definitely recommend upgrading to the penthouse/owners suite so roomy and big. Let me know if you want to know more

Thank you for your response! Congratulations and I'm glad you had a great wedding!

Thank you for the tip to bring the package sheet. It's kind of confusing because we got one sheet that said they don't give pricing before because packages on the ship can vary, and then we got a sheet with packages and prices. So we will be sure to bring that! When did they take pictures? Did you take them between the wedding and reception or after the reception?

We're they able to keep you and your spouse separated during boarding? (Or was that not important to you?)

If you wouldn't mind sharing some pictures I would love to see them! Or if you used a wedding hashtag for social media I can look them up. Or if that's asking too much I understand [emoji6]

We were able to book a tour of the ship's wedding locations for next month on a day there is a wedding with our package so we are looking forward to that.

We realized there was no way that we were going to avoid seeing each other so what we did was just made sure we didnt see each other dressed up. It made things a lot easier because trying to get everything ready to go on vacation is hard enough yet alone going separate. When we got on board we went our own ways and everything worked out great.

Some pictures were taken right after the ceremony and some after the reception. The photographer was great to work with. My wife wanted as many pictures as possible but i hate pictures so i let her have her one day with as many pictures as she wanted that day.

I dont know how to add pictures but go ahead and enail me and i will send you some

B_harris86@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

What ship? And if you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the upgraded cabin?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

We got married on the Imagination.

I think the total cost for the 2 of us was $3500 but we looked at it as our honeymoon since we both have bew jobs so coulnt take another one. The room was great because we had a lot of stuff and had people hangout in the room during the day.

We got married on the Imagination.

I think the total cost for the 2 of us was $3500 but we looked at it as our honeymoon since we both have bew jobs so coulnt take another one. The room was great because we had a lot of stuff and had people hangout in the room during the day.

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I've spoken to a friend who did a cruise wedding and she said to keep from seeing her groom she planned on arriving a bit early and went straight to the VIP lounge. Her groom was told to come in 5 minutes after, once she was settled and he went aboard first while she waited. It was not an issue at all and the staff was very helpful, even peeked around the corner to see it was "all clear" for her to board.

Hey, I am getting married on the Imagination october 9th i will let you know how it goes. We have the DJ booked but was told we can do it in a different room but i cant recall the name of the room right now. I have all that written down somewhere haha. We have 122 guests so we hope it turns out okay. 17 days away.. wish us luck... if you live in the area i would suggest scheduling a tour of the ship and pick out where you want the ceremony and reception, take lots of pictures!

I would love some photos, if you don't mind, my email is: jennifer@yavnehdayschool.org

I've spoken to a friend who did a cruise wedding and she said to keep from seeing her groom she planned on arriving a bit early and went straight to the VIP lounge. Her groom was told to come in 5 minutes after, once she was settled and he went aboard first while she waited. It was not an issue at all and the staff was very helpful, even peeked around the corner to see it was "all clear" for her to board.

Thank you for your response! We did a "site inspection" last Friday. Basically up to 4 people can go on the ship when there is a wedding, you board with the wedding party so you get to experience that, and you take a tour of the ship. We got to see the different lounges and I must say, the night club actually wound up being our preferred reception area! I hadn't been since before the renovations and upgrades. It's A LOT nicer now.

Are you getting married on the Inspiration? If so I can send you some pictures from the tour next week or maybe try to find out how to post them here. If you live near the port you want to sail out of I definitely recommend doing the tour! It made us 100x more excited than we already were and it was so different seeing everything in person and set up for a wedding. You can do it once for free. You can do it a second time for $50, but you can only do it twice. We're going to do the tour once more, closer to the wedding, with our MOH and BM so they will be prepared for how the day will run and what to expect. Added bonus: we were done touring around 12 and didn't have to be off the ship until 3! So we got to hang out, have a drink at the bar (visitors can use their credit cards to purchase drinks, which was also nice to know so our guests can grab a drink when they first board as well).

Thank you for your response! We did a "site inspection" last Friday. Basically up to 4 people can go on the ship when there is a wedding, you board with the wedding party so you get to experience that, and you take a tour of the ship. We got to see the different lounges and I must say, the night club actually wound up being our preferred reception area! I hadn't been since before the renovations and upgrades. It's A LOT nicer now.

Are you getting married on the Inspiration? If so I can send you some pictures from the tour next week or maybe try to find out how to post them here. If you live near the port you want to sail out of I definitely recommend doing the tour! It made us 100x more excited than we already were and it was so different seeing everything in person and set up for a wedding. You can do it once for free. You can do it a second time for $50, but you can only do it twice. We're going to do the tour once more, closer to the wedding, with our MOH and BM so they will be prepared for how the day will run and what to expect. Added bonus: we were done touring around 12 and didn't have to be off the ship until 3! So we got to hang out, have a drink at the bar (visitors can use their credit cards to purchase drinks, which was also nice to know so our guests can grab a drink when they first board as well).

I am going on the inspiration in April 2017. I'm about 5 hours away from port so I won't be able to tour but I would love to see pictures.

I kept thinking how easy this wedding was going to be to plan and now I keep thinking of more things I need to do.

Congrats on your big day! When are you sailing?

We live in Sacramento and did a tour of the Imagination before our wedding. We actually drove down on Saturday night, toured the ship on Sunday and drove home Sunday night. It was a really long weekend (8 hour drive each way) but it really was worth it. It made all the rest of the planning much easier. I also want to say that the wedding planner had an emergency and was a no show, we would have been stressed out if we hadn't toured, but because we knew how things were supposed to work our MOH, made sure everything went off like clockwork. Also, we met the groom of the wedding on our tour day and they invited us to the wedding and reception so we really did get to experience the entire thing. If you can pull off a tour at all I really do recommend it, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advise. I'll try to work out a weekend we can go. I agree it would be ideal to see the space. In the meantime I've been scouting for photos of the rooms so the colors I use don't clash.

How does everyone feel about bringing decorative items? Did you/ are planning to bring anything with you to personalise the space?

We're getting married in September of 2017. I know 5 hours is a long drive, but I would try to make it work. I have been on the Inspiration I think 5 or 7 time, my fiance has been on 4 times (2 with me, 2 without). It was COMPLETELY different to see it in this perspective.

We're getting married in September of 2017. I know 5 hours is a long drive, but I would try to make it work. I have been on the Inspiration I think 5 or 7 time, my fiance has been on 4 times (2 with me, 2 without). It was COMPLETELY different to see it in this perspective.

I booked the DJ so I assume my reception will be in the night club. What colors in that room? What did the ceremony options look like?

I'm going to try to talk my way into a touring weekend but we'll see.