How to get from Orlando to Miami?

cbowls30

Flying in the US is a pretty miserable experience depending on the security lines at the time. You have to be at the airport at least an hour before your flight (sometimes two), and it can take 30 - 45 minutes for your checked baggage to show up on the other end. It can take longer to fly than drive.

I understand if you don't want to drive on the wrong side of the road, though! I've never driven in Europe where they drive on the left for that very reason!

Yeah, it really doesn't seem like we would save time flying. I really don't want the stress of our first USA driving experience to be trying to get from Orlando-Miami! I'd rather pay for the flight I think, although we might have a load of baggage so I'll have to see how it would work out.

Yeah, it really doesn't seem like we would save time flying. I really don't want the stress of our first USA driving experience to be trying to get from Orlando-Miami! I'd rather pay for the flight I think, although we might have a load of baggage so I'll have to see how it would work out.

If you are paying for the flight and luggage, then check the Big Red bus.

Just for grins check out http://www.redcoachusa.com

It is very luxurious, and comfortable, get other amenities such as free wifi.

In your case it may be cheaper and faster.

Cheers.

I think we will drive, we're hiring w car in Orlando and have driven in the US many times so not phased by it, just need to now sort out where to drop the car in Miami to get to a hotel night before the cruise?! I hear enterprise has an office in the doubletree at biscayne? Might go for that as it sounds like an easy option!

I think we will drive, we're hiring w car in Orlando and have driven in the US many times so not phased by it, just need to now sort out where to drop the car in Miami to get to a hotel night before the cruise?! I hear enterprise has an office in the doubletree at biscayne? Might go for that as it sounds like an easy option!

We drove from Orlando to Miami International Airport, then took the free shuttle bus to the Port of Miami. It really is only about 3 1/2 hours drive from Orlando ... and it's a pretty boring drive at that (not a lot of scenery). We left in the early AM and were on board the ship by 11:30.