NCL Escape 10/08 Boarding

getty50

Has anyone heard from any cruisers currently on the Escape this week if they are still coming back on time? A lot of logistics are coming into play due to the Hurricane if they close the port down in Miami on Friday which would mean the ships that are supposed to disembark that day (SKY, EOS, Etc) will be put off until Saturday which would bump our embarkation. Any news would help even though it may be early to ask.

Has anyone heard from any cruisers currently on the Escape this week if they are still coming back on time? A lot of logistics are coming into play due to the Hurricane if they close the port down in Miami on Friday which would mean the ships that are supposed to disembark that day (SKY, EOS, Etc) will be put off until Saturday which would bump our embarkation. Any news would help even though it may be early to ask.

The people on the ship will be the next to last to know and the rest of us will be the last to know. There is no news nor will there be until the storm gets closer.

One thing all the cruisers are overlooking is when will they close the airport and for how long? Again, too early to know.

The ship is in St Thomas and the Hurricane will be long gone before this weekend

What if the high pressure system out in the middle of the Atlantic stays strong and pushes Matthew farther west into Florida? It could cause damage to PortMiami and then what? Still too early to tell.

We also have this 10/8 booked and are wondering what is going on. It seems to be the worst case scenario going on right now with the storm slowing down and heading west. Honestly, I wish they would cancel it because I foresee a nightmare just getting to the port. I'm driving down from Atlanta and as it stands, I'm not sure what to do.

I'm at the point where I wish I hadn't ever booked this one. We were planning on driving down Friday night after son's football game about halfway and finishing Saturday morning. Now it looks like if I'm irresponsible and don't care for my family's safety, then I'll be driving down into a tropical storm while people are evacuating. Miami is still very much a possibility for a direct hit and they act like it's just a little thunderstorm. I realize it's been a while since it's been hit, but I guess I'll end up just taking the hit money wise unless something really changes for the better.