Port Canaveral CLOSED

That's great to hear. Hope you can take Bella out soon. She's so cute

Cindy

We have been out twice now, very windy. took shelter behind the beach front building. Condo complex didn't take on to much damage. 3 or 4 cars hit by falling roof tiles. the rest is superficial. cell phone getting spotty service

We have been out twice now, very windy. took shelter behind the beach front building. Condo complex didn't take on to much damage. 3 or 4 cars hit by falling roof tiles. the rest is superficial. cell phone getting spotty service

Very glad to see you post and know that all is relatively well. I was beginning to wonder since you hadn't posted since this morning.

:o

That's great to hear. Hope you can take Bella out soon. She's so cute

Cindy

We actually made it out twice today. Had to find a spot clear of the wind

6747fc749728b8dba419097297451a7d.jpg

Weather cam survived the entire storm. :D

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/eaB1rJytnpS4n5Wk

enhance

Edited by John&LaLa

A tug boat and another boat broke loose and crashed into the dock at Grills. Unknown on possible damage.

Two tugs that were apparently moored at Fishlips broke loose and wound up against the deck at Grills. There is video of this and the surrounding business area posted on the Fishlips FB page.

She's doing her best, clinging to mommy. I might take her out once the wind shifts to north. no elevator though. :eek: Tuned off to prevent damage from power surges.

Weather cam still up, the real test will be once south winds hit it.

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/eaB1rJytnpS4n5Wk

Glad you made it through OK. I've been lurking on this thread since it started and I wondered all day yesterday how things would go for you.

Not much to update. Orlando weathered the storm pretty well, but there are areas without water and power. I know that Cocoa Beach has a sewage backup issue, Flagler has major damage on A1A, and Ormond Beach has a water main break.

300,000 people lost power in Central Florida, historic Flagler College has major flooding, St Augustine has flooding, Altamonte Springs has flooding.

Only seeing one person from Florida checking in today. I see on the news over 1 million people have no electricity. Hope everyone is safe.

I've spent the morning taking pictures of the damage and filing my insurance claim. We've been without power and on generator since yesterday morning. Power should be restored to our area by late tomorrow night. It might be a little longer in my case. My next door neighbors pine tree is laying across the power lines so that tree has to be removed before power's restored.

I hope for the best for these people. My family was in a similar situation with Hurricane Charlie. We were on board the Disney Magic, docking in Port Canaveral. They shuttled us to the airport, only to find thousands of people stuck there because flights were cancelled until the following day. It was chaos! I called around and found a hotel that could accommodate us. Many hotels did not have power. During the cab ride to the hotel, we saw some destruction - billboards torn apart, trees down, lots of large debris in the streets, and some flooding. We stayed two nights before being able to fly home. It was not fun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app