New Drink Package

I am have a few questions regarding the new drink package. We are sailing on 12 night Anthem if that matters.

From my understanding, if I were to purchase it online before my cruise, the gratuities are included - shows up as a service charge - Is this correct?

Is it better/cheaper to wait until we board before buying the drink package? Can anyone tell me how much it is to purchase onboard?

Can you buy a package for X amount of days and not the entire cruise?

I have read about a drink card. Can you explain what that is and the cost?

Most are reporting that they are offering a 20% discount for purchasing ahead of time through the cruise planner. This discount is not offered on board. You will pay the gratuities either beforehand or if you purchase it on. Board.

You can purchase the package on board for fewer days but they must be consecutive days and they must be for the duration of the cruise. You could purchase it on day 4 and every day after that but you cannot pick and choose what days you want it for.

Drink cards may or may not be offered and if offered are usually offered only for the last few days of the cruise.

I am have a few questions regarding the new drink package. We are sailing on 12 night Anthem if that matters.

From my understanding, if I were to purchase it online before my cruise, the gratuities are included - shows up as a service charge - Is this correct?

Is it better/cheaper to wait until we board before buying the drink package? Can anyone tell me how much it is to purchase onboard?

Currently the online price is supposed to be 20% cheaper than it will be on board. If you purchase the package either online or on the ship you will pay an 18% service charge on the package price to cover gratuities. This is not reflected in the price listed per day online, but you will see if you add to your cart in your cruise planner.

When you purchase the package you must purchase it for all remaining days of your cruise. If you purchase before you sail that means you must purchase it for the entire cruise. If you wait until you are onboard on day 4 you must purchase it for days 4-12.

I'm not familiar with the drink card, so I'll let somebody else speak to that.

People who have been on ships since the drink package change have reported seeing it being sold for 61.00 USD / day + 18% gratuity which is quite a bit more than the discounted price on the cruise planner. 20% off would lead someone to believe 55.00 is the onboard price but ive seen multiple people say they are seeing 61/day.

From my understanding, if I were to purchase it online before my cruise, the gratuities are included - shows up as a service charge - Is this correct? Yes, when purchased on-line, the final price will reflect the added 18% gratuity for the package.

Is it better/cheaper to wait until we board before buying the drink package? Can anyone tell me how much it is to purchase onboard? Probably not a good idea to buy on board, sometimes it is the same as on-line but sometimes is more; have never known it to be cheaper on board./COLOR]

Can you buy a package for X amount of days and not the entire cruise? Yes, but you must have 4 full consecutive days left before the end of your cruise.

Drink cards are sometimes offered (but not always) about mid or close to the end of the cruise, usually at 10 drinks for around $80 but varies from ship to ship.

CHEERS!!:cool:

People who have been on ships since the drink package change have reported seeing it being sold for 61.00 USD / day + 18% gratuity which is quite a bit more than the discounted price on the cruise planner. 20% off would lead someone to believe 55.00 is the onboard price but ive seen multiple people say they are seeing 61/day.

Price differs based on ship and sailing. Our January cruise on Harmony has the price listed at $48 per day after the 20% discount which would fit with $61 a day full price. Other cruises have a discounted price of $44 per day which fits closer to $53 full price.

Price differs based on ship and sailing. Our January cruise on Harmony has the price listed at $48 per day after the 20% discount which would fit with $61 a day full price. Other cruises have a discounted price of $44 per day which fits closer to $53 full price.

It show $51 with the 20% discount for my cruise on the Freedom next September in Europe.

Does anyone know the last day you can buy the package on a 7 day cruise? This cruise only has one sea day at the end, so I would like to wait until day 5 if possible.

It show $51 with the 20% discount for my cruise on the Freedom next September in Europe.

Does anyone know the last day you can buy the package on a 7 day cruise? This cruise only has one sea day at the end, so I would like to wait until day 5 if possible.

The corporate rule is that there must be 4 days left in the cruise. However ships sometimes make their own rule.

Edited by clarea

I believe there must be 4 days left on your cruise in order to buy the package.