Questions concerning Visa Reward Points AND coupons from Crown & Anchor Magazine

We will be sailing on Celebrity in February...we would LIKE to book onboard a cruise on Freedom of the Seas for somewhere around January 2007. I am hoping that before we leave we get another Crown & Anchor magazine that we could use a coupon for. My understanding is you have to use that at the time of booking. Also....we are working on points to get an upgrade for the Royal Caribbean credit card. Do you HAVE to have those points available at the time of booking OR can you upgrade with the points anytime before the final payment is due?

Thanks for any information....I'm just not sure if it would all work out in my favor.

We will be sailing on Celebrity in February...we would LIKE to book onboard a cruise on Freedom of the Seas for somewhere around January 2007. I am hoping that before we leave we get another Crown & Anchor magazine that we could use a coupon for. My understanding is you have to use that at the time of booking. Also....we are working on points to get an upgrade for the Royal Caribbean credit card. Do you HAVE to have those points available at the time of booking OR can you upgrade with the points anytime before the final payment is due?

Thanks for any information....I'm just not sure if it would all work out in my favor.

I can't answer your question about the RCI credit card. But as for the coupons, you do NOT have to use them at the time of booking. I had my TA submit mine at final payment and it was accepted. When I spoke to someone at RCI customer service, they told me you can apply the coupon anytime up until you go on your cruise (providing it is not expired):) .

I can't answer your question about the RCI credit card. But as for the coupons, you do NOT have to use them at the time of booking. I had my TA submit mine at final payment and it was accepted. When I spoke to someone at RCI customer service, they told me you can apply the coupon anytime up until you go on your cruise (providing it is not expired):) .

Excellent...thank you! That's half of my issue resolved. Now I just have to find someone to explain the points to me. I read about them in the insert in the Crown & Anchor magazine last night but didn't find the answer to my question.

Actually, I'm just in the process of redeeming the VISA points. We're going for $$ off, and not an upgrade, but our points vouchers still have the terms and conditions on them.

"The Stateroom Upgrade or Crusie Discount Reward will not be effective unitl after you have tendered final payment for the curise arrangements and proivde the Reward Coupon to Royal Caribbean International". A bunch of other disclaimers and legalbabble, but it does say several times that they must be presented at final payment time.....which I'm interpreting as meaning you don't need them for when you book!

Actually, I'm just in the process of redeeming the VISA points. We're going for $$ off, and not an upgrade, but our points vouchers still have the terms and conditions on them.

"The Stateroom Upgrade or Crusie Discount Reward will not be effective unitl after you have tendered final payment for the curise arrangements and proivde the Reward Coupon to Royal Caribbean International". A bunch of other disclaimers and legalbabble, but it does say several times that they must be presented at final payment time.....which I'm interpreting as meaning you don't need them for when you book!

Fanastic....sounds like between the coupon (which hopefully we'll find one to use), onboard credit and upgrade we will be in GREAT shape for a cruise on Freedom of the Seas :D

On our last cruise we made final payment and then called MBNA & RCCL to cash in our 50,000 pts for $500 off. We had no problem, what they did was credited our credit card for $500. We received our coupon w/i 2 weeks of calling and then mailed it to RCCL and by the next statement the credit was on there.

Debbie

• 1 month later...

Archived