Cruise Critic Log Book

imacruizer

We just returned from a wonderful voyage on the QM2. I found the Cruise Critic Log Book in the library. Quite a few Cruise Critic members signed on our voyage. Prior to this voyage, no one else had signed in 2016. There were two signatures in 2014 and one in 2015.

As others have pointed out on this forum, the Log Book was placed in the library on the maiden voyage of the QM2. In the early days, there were lots of signatures. I know that it was lost for a while, but thankfully it is now safely in the library. When I went to the library to ask about the book, I expected to be meet with a confused expression and be told that they had no knowledge of the book. However, the library immediately opened a drawer of the desk and pulled out the book.

It is a lot of fun to look thru the book and see signatures of so many of the frequent posters on this forum. I hope that everyone will make an effort to sign the book on their next voyage. Let's keep the tradition alive!

We just returned from a wonderful voyage on the QM2. I found the Cruise Critic Log Book in the library. Quite a few Cruise Critic members signed on our voyage. Prior to this voyage, no one else had signed in 2016. There were two signatures in 2014 and one in 2015. As others have pointed out on this forum, the Log Book was placed in the library on the maiden voyage of the QM2. In the early days, there were lots of signatures. I know that it was lost for a while, but thankfully it is now safely in the library. When I went to the library to ask about the book, I expected to be meet with a confused expression and be told that they had no knowledge of the book. However, the library immediately opened a drawer of the desk and pulled out the book. It is a lot of fun to look thru the book and see signatures of so many of the frequent posters on this forum. I hope that everyone will make an effort to sign the book on their next voyage. Let's keep the tradition alive!
Great news Beth :)

I signed the book in 2006. I believe it went missing when a person... decided to take it from the Library to a "Meet and Greet" in the Commodore Club on one voyage... and then left when the gathering finished... without being concered, or bothering to ensure the book was returned to the Library... :mad: .

It was left behind the bar (or back room) in the Commodore Club by the staff it was said... but I don't believe they knew what it was. Certainly when I asked in the Library a couple of years ago no-one knew what had happened to it, and the stewards in the Commodore Club looked blank when I mentioned it (constant changes of staff I presume).

I assumed it had been lost forever.

So very pleased you have discovered that it is back in the Library where it belongs, I look forward to seeing it in just over forty days time.

Thank you for letting us know, very good of you :)

Sincere best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Thanks for pointing this out, Beth. I didn't know this book existed :) Never saw it or signed it, but I'll look for it in the library.

Nice to hear that your voyage was wonderful. DH and I are counting less than two weeks before we board. I expect we will return with equally favorable report.

I suppose I am in a dwindling band of CCers who signed the QE2 log book. What happened to that I've no idea, but could it be rotting away along with the rest of the interior of that now sad ship?

David.

I suppose I am in a dwindling band of CCers who signed the QE2 log book. What happened to that I've no idea, but could it be rotting away along with the rest of the interior of that now sad ship? David.
I didn't know there was a QE2 book.

I missed signing it whilst on board... too late now :(

We just returned from a wonderful voyage on the QM2. I found the Cruise Critic Log Book in the library. Quite a few Cruise Critic members signed on our voyage. Prior to this voyage, no one else had signed in 2016. There were two signatures in 2014 and one in 2015.

As others have pointed out on this forum, the Log Book was placed in the library on the maiden voyage of the QM2. In the early days, there were lots of signatures. I know that it was lost for a while, but thankfully it is now safely in the library. When I went to the library to ask about the book, I expected to be meet with a confused expression and be told that they had no knowledge of the book. However, the library immediately opened a drawer of the desk and pulled out the book.

It is a lot of fun to look thru the book and see signatures of so many of the frequent posters on this forum. I hope that everyone will make an effort to sign the book on their next voyage. Let's keep the tradition alive!

I had totally forgotten about the book on our July crossing! Thanks for reminding us :) I'll definitely look for it next time on QM2.

I hope you had a great trip!

Yes, I suggested that everyone make there way up to the Library on the QM2 to add their remarks and greetings to all.

It's like leaving part of your experience on this Historical Vessel.

We do make our experience remarks and comments of the voyage we were on.

Also those Roll Call Leader are encouraged to borrow the book and bring it to the Roll Call and invite those gathered to sign the book.

Of course to make it available to all, return it the Librarian in the Library.

They store it in file cabinet.

Looking forward to enter into it on next years cruise...

Thanks for the information. Definitely now on the list of 'things to do' :D

Slightly silly question; Is it better to sign the book at the start or the end of the voyage? I have a better chance of remembering to do it at the beginning :o

Thanks for the information. Definitely now on the list of 'things to do' :D

Slightly silly question; Is it better to sign the book at the start or the end of the voyage? I have a better chance of remembering to do it at the beginning :o

So pleased that you plan to sign the log book on your next voyage.

I don't think it matters when you sign. If it is easier for you to remember in the beginning, do it then.

• 6 months later...

I don't think it matters when you sign. If it is easier for you to remember in the beginning, do it then.

Hi imacruizer,

Longtime no write, about 8 years since my parents health prevented our sailing onboard.

But I haven't forgot you being our faithful keeper of the CC Logbook.

Will be sailing on The Mary on the 1st of July and will bring the book to our Meet and Greet to have all sign their mark as part of the QM2 history. Signing the book will be like them sailing on every voyage in the future.

Once used, we will return it to it's safe place..

Thank You....

Hi imacruizer,

Longtime no write, about 8 years since my parents health prevented our sailing onboard.

But I haven't forgot you being our faithful keeper of the CC Logbook.

Will be sailing on The Mary on the 1st of July and will bring the book to our Meet and Greet to have all sign their mark as part of the QM2 history. Signing the book will be like them sailing on every voyage in the future.

Once used, we will return it to it's safe place..

Thank You....

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for posting on this thread and reminding others to sign the Log Book.. I'm so pleased that you plan to sign it on your next voyage. Thanks also for your very kind remarks. However, I am not the person who was the faithful keeper of the CC Logbook on QM2. That was Sylvia. Her screen name escapes me at the moment. She was great about continuing to remind everyone to sign the book. I hope that everyone will sign on their next voyage.

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for posting on this thread and reminding others to sign the Log Book.. I'm so pleased that you plan to sign it on your next voyage. Thanks also for your very kind remarks. However, I am not the person who was the faithful keeper of the CC Logbook on QM2. That was Sylvia. Her screen name escapes me at the moment. She was great about continuing to remind everyone to sign the book. I hope that everyone will sign on their next voyage.

Dear Beth,

YES, I do remember Sylvia! She was so dedicated to remind each cruise to sign in and also to return it to the Library for all to find.

Maybe we'll make you the Godmother to the Cruise Critics Logbook..lol...

Thank you for your reply!

Hi Beth...so wonderful to "see" you again! :D Beatrice and I haven't been on QM2 in a few years, but even "Crossed" under sail, among other cruises. The last two QM trips, the CC Book was "lost"...so happy to see it returned, and we will be sure to sign. We are going Eastbound on May 31st to join a Road Scholar tour in France, commemorating US battlefields of the First World War on this 100th anniversary. We wanted to return home on the late June crossing, but Cunard sold it as a charter, and we must be home July 1st.:loudcry:

Hope this finds you well...!!

Bob & Beatrice Ring

Hi Bob,

It is wonderful to hear from you. So glad you are still cruising and have plans to sail on QM2 very soon. I'm delighted that you plan to sign the CC log book. I do hope our paths cross on another voyage very soon. One meets the nicest people on the QM2. Best regards to Beatrice.

When you think about it, it is amazing the books been found now even after the refit, when loads of stuff gets thrown out. We are again on the 31st Aug, so I will pop into the library and try and find it.:D;p

• 2 years later...

Today, something reminded me of the Cruise Critic Log Book on the  QM2.  The last post on this thread was 2017.  Has anyone signed the book recently?  Those of you who have followed the story of the book, know that it was lost for a while.  Thankfully it was found and returned to the library.  One of our very thoughtful Cruise Critic members placed a label on the book asking that if found, it should be returned to the library.  Hopefully it is still there.  The next time you sail on the QM2, go to the library and ask for the book.  You can sign it and read the notes that others have left.