Suduko puzzles , very very addicting !

Yep. They are addicting. I first did one in the onboard magazine on the flight to Orlando last month. When I got off the plane I bought a book of them in one of the duty free stores at the airport. My book is Volume 2 so they must have been around a while if Volume 1 has already come and gone at the book store. They put them in the Atlanta papers too.

They're in our local paper. A coworker turned me on to them, now I can't stop. Great idea saving them up for vacation. I'm not a very good flyer and this will keep me occupied for quite a while!

Over the Edge: I start in the cube with the most amount already filled in and then use the process of elimination.

Have fun!

Hey, thanks for the website!! I can see where these can become addicting. We are flying to Orlando one week from today and then cruising on the Mariner on 11/13/05. I like to do this stuff on the plane, and also when I am hanging out by the pool area on the ship.

Peggy

Here is another site: www.sudokushack.com

Different levels of difficulty. I was working a few on our flight to Vegas in Sept when the FA's noticed and were very upset because they said they tried but couldn't do it. I gave them a few of the easy ones I had with me. Needless to say they were great FA's but not great at puzzles.

My hint (or how I do them) is to start with one line or column that you can definately figure out one blank square, and go from there. Also you don't look at the large picture but first watch the small 3x3 squares and a single line and/or column then the 9x9 will fall into place. Probably not explained too well. I wouldn't make a good teacher.

But I am hooked. Give me an IPOD and a Sudoku and a beach. I'm ready.

Thanks for the website! My 14 year old dd LOVES these! She just completed an entire book. We bought her the 2006 Sudoku puzzle calendar for Christmas! She wants another book to take on our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise. Maybe I'll have her print out some from the website. Keeps her occupied for hours! Me, I can't tolerate them!

I just checked out the website. Looks like fun. I tried the "easiest" level and didn't do so well. Any good tips from you pros??? :p

I'm hardly a pro, just heard about Soduku a few weeks ago. I have only tried the easy and medium level so far. I look for same numbers (this is hard to describe). I really don't know how to explain how it works, but it does. Maybe it's just because I'm good at solving puzzles. The longest it has taken me to solve one is 15 minutes. My DH has tried watching me to figure out how it is done and doesn't understand how jumping all over the grid concentrating on core numbers makes it easier to fill in the others. They really are addicting puzzles.

If you like them, buy the program, it is only $15 and then you can have as many as you want, whenever you want. Best of all, on the computer you don't use up any paper. I have the program, it is a lot of fun.

They just ran a story on these puzzles and how addicting they are. I think I will give it a try if I could only break away from this board in my free time. Can't imagine it's better than cruise talk, hehe. I know about addiction so not even gonna look unless I am super board, hehehehehe.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Don't guess! Even if you can't figure out the next number, never guess (you may have to look in the back...but don't guess). Put it down for awhile and then when you come back to it, a number will work and that will precipitate other numbers. It's amazing that pure logic--no guessing--will work every time. I like solvable puzzles, no matter how hard.

Great before bed and on airplanes.

I went to that webpage and saw the puzzles. Can someone tell me what the object of the game is? Are you suppose to get the numbers in order as in 1 -9 or is there a sequence. The puzzles are there but I saw no instructions. Maybe I am missing something :confused: .

Thanks, Annieeee

I went to that webpage and saw the puzzles. Can someone tell me what the object of the game is? Are you suppose to get the numbers in order as in 1 -9 or is there a sequence. The puzzles are there but I saw no instructions. Maybe I am missing something :confused: .

Thanks, Annieeee

you are supposed to put number 1-9 in every column, every row, and in every 3x3 box. But each number can only appear once in each column, row, and 3x3 box.

Thanks, Annieeee

The rule of the puzzle is that each number can't appear twice in the same row, column AND sub box. The grid is made up of (most commonly) 9 boxes. So the object is to place all numbers 1-9 so that they are the only ones in its row, column, box.

Here's a website that has more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudoku#Rules_and_terminology

Archived