Where can you drink wine you bring.

All that I was saying is that anyone using a little common sense and reading Carnival's liquor policy knows that the intent of the policy is to stop people from bringing alcoholic beverages onto the ship to places where they don't want you to bring them. You can twist the words around to make it say "well since they don't mention wine glasses then it must be ok to bring it there in wine glasses" but this is just a juvenile's excuse.

I have brought alcoholic beverages onto parts of the ship where they don't want me to and have not been caught and I will do it again but when you do this you are smuggling and if you are content with smuggling, like I am, then go right ahead. But if you are a person who believes in following rules, then consume your wine in your cabin.

Just don't accuse me of smuggling my rum while you are guilty of smuggling your wine.

All that I was saying is that anyone using a little common sense and reading Carnival's liquor policy knows that the intent of the policy is to stop people from bringing alcoholic beverages onto the ship to places where they don't want you to bring them. You can twist the words around to make it say "well since they don't mention wine glasses then it must be ok to bring it there in wine glasses" but this is just a juvenile's excuse.

I have brought alcoholic beverages onto parts of the ship where they don't want me to and have not been caught and I will do it again but when you do this you are smuggling and if you are content with smuggling, like I am, then go right ahead. But if you are a person who believes in following rules, then consume your wine in your cabin.

Just don't accuse me of smuggling my rum while you are guilty of smuggling your wine.

Do as you wish but I dont consider pouring two glasses of wine in our cabin and taking them to dinner as smuggling.

Where are you allowed to drink the wine you are allowed to bring. Anywhere on the ship? In your room only?

I'm also curious about soda. If you can take it throughout the ship, can use your own thermal cup? I can't stand to drink from a can and the cups we are bringing to go to the beach will work good. I wasn't sure if it mattered that they couldn't see what's inside.

Thanks

Not sure about Carnival, on Oasis of the Seas we drank it in the park.

Technically speaking the wine you bring on board is supposed to be consumed in your stateroom, same for the bottles of liquor you can order from the fun shops. However they're really isn't a bottle police, but I wouldn't walk around drinking straight from the bottle of wine/liquor on open decks/lounges.

Stop by the bar and ask for X amount of wine glasses, open/pour it in your stateroom and take the glass where ever your please.

Technically speaking, that is incorrect. If what you stated were correct, there would not be a need for a corkage fee in the MDR or Steakhouse because you would not be allowed to bring your own bottle of wine in there, which you most assuredly are authorized to do.

Technically speaking, that is incorrect. If what you stated were correct, there would not be a need for a corkage fee in the MDR or Steakhouse because you would not be allowed to bring your own bottle of wine in there, which you most assuredly are authorized to do.

good point

It is allowable to bring it to the MDR and pay the corkage fee. What we are talking about is people who bring it to the MDR and don't pay the corkage fee.

It is allowable to bring it to the MDR and pay the corkage fee. What we are talking about is people who bring it to the MDR and don't pay the corkage fee.

No. People don't pay the corkage fee when they aren't BILLED the corkage fee. It's a simple concept.

I usually get wine glasses at one of the bars. Then I pour a glass of wine and head over to the Taste Bar at around 5:30pm for some appetizers. I then take a seat in the Promenade and enjoy the appetizers and my glass of wine. This will keep me satisfied until I go to Your Time Dining at 9:15pm.:cool:

Seriously.... "smuggling"' with legally brought on the Ship?? If they don't charge the corkage fee and you don't "insist" they charge you it makes you a smuggler? Get real!!! Raised Catholic I certainly don't need additional guilt on my conscious.... drink ur wine where us want, be prepared however to pay the fee if you bring the bottle to the MDR, or bring full glasses from the room to avoid any issues... all guilt free!!

It is up to the MD to set policy on charging for corkage in his DR. If he doesnt want it done waitstaff will not charge guests.

And even if they do charge it is for serving a bottle of wine not for someone who brings in a glass of wine themselves.

They can and will charge you a corkage fee when you bring in a bottle already opened--even if it has a screw cap. They don't always do this. It has been hit or miss for me.

I dont know about this statement, as we always buy the wine package (5 bottle package) and have some of the bottles delivered to our cabin via room service. There is no corkage fee attached to this package at all. We have repeatedly brought a bottle into the MDR at different times (sometimes opened and sometimes not) and have never even been asked where the bottle came from.

They will open it with no questions asked as there is no way to know if you brought it on board or if you purchased a package from Carnival. In all this time never has there been a corkage fee on our account.

Edited by Drazil65

Post #23 (which is what I replied to) doesn't even mention the MDR. As for whether someone pays the corkage fee in the MDR, everyone is supposed to but Carnival's employees, as they do in many cases, don't follow the rules and charge the customer. Nothing the customer can do about Carnival's lack of enforcement of it's policies.

They can and will charge you a corkage fee when you bring in a bottle already opened--even if it has a screw cap. They don't always do this. It has been hit or miss for me.

I dont know about this statement, as we always buy the wine package (5 bottle package) and have some of the bottles delivered to our cabin via room service. There is no corkage fee attached to this package at all. We have repeatedly brought a bottle into the MDR at different times (sometimes opened and sometimes not) and have never even been asked where the bottle came from.

They will open it with no questions asked as there is no way to know if you brought it on board or if you purchased a package from Carnival. In all this time never has there been a corkage fee on our account.

There is no corkage fee as you bought the wine directly from Carnival, not Walmart. in effect, the corkage fee has already been included in the package price. ;)

There is no corkage fee as you bought the wine directly from Carnival, not Walmart. in effect, the corkage fee has already been included in the package price.

Exactly my point, they have no idea if my bottle from Walmart is coming into the MDR or one of the bottles from the wine package I purchased (and they have never asked either way). If you noticed the quote that was highlighted in my reply earlier, the poster stated that sometimes they may hit you with a corkage fee and sometimes they do not, hit or miss etc. My reply is pertinent to that post and walking into the MDR with a bottle and corkage fees, in the case of the wine package corkage fees do not apply so they would need to ask where the bottle was purchased (they do not ask).

I have a hard time believing they would just access a fee without knowing or that they even care truthfully. Bring a corkscrew with you and just open your own bottle.

Edited by Drazil65

There is no corkage fee as you bought the wine directly from Carnival, not Walmart. in effect, the corkage fee has already been included in the package price.

Exactly my point, they have no idea if my bottle from Walmart is coming into the MDR or one of the bottles from the wine package I purchased (and they have never asked either way). If you noticed the quote that was highlighted in my reply earlier, the poster stated that sometimes they may hit you with a corkage fee and sometimes they do not, hit or miss etc. My reply is pertinent to that post and walking into the MDR with a bottle and corkage fees, in the case of the wine package corkage fees do not apply so they would need to ask where the bottle was purchased (they do not ask).

I have a hard time believing they would just access a fee without knowing or that they even care truthfully. Bring a corkscrew with you and just open your own bottle.

If you bring a bottle of exactly what they sale on board that ship, then you might have a point although what you are suggesting is lying directly to their face to save $15. Hardly worth losing your integrity over. If you bring a bottle of Lindermann or Yellow Tail, they will know very well you didn't buy it on ship.

I know you are allowed to bring 2 bottles on board. Can you bring 2 bottles and your spouse 2 bottles if you do not go through security together? ( Not that I would do it, just curious )

No, it's one per person, aged 21 and over. So if you go through the security line separately, then you each would be allowed to carry one bottle of wine. If you travel together, one of you may carry two bottles as they know that person is carrying for the spouse.

We've also brought our bottles into the dining room a few times and they seem to charge the corkage about 50% of the time. Sometimes if we bring champagne, we'll bring it the night before so they can chill it to the right temp, one of the benefits of the corkage charge. They will gladly store a partial bottle too but ours always seems to disappear in one sitting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They can charge a corkage fee even if its already open when u enter the MDR. Just pour it in your cup and take it with u to dinner. U can carry the bottle anywhere else on the ship. However, I always just fill my cup up and leave the bottle in the room.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums