A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???

kazu

Oh Lordy, Lordy -- we just got a brochure in the mail today.

And yes -- what Kazu showed in her picture was what appeared on the second page of the brochure -- same exact wording.

Sure, once the copy is typeset, they'll just pick it up and plop it into other brochures. Mistakes in print take on a life of their own. It will probably be around until somebody notices that it's wrong/misleading. (Or maybe it isn't wrong, but I doubt it)

HAL has posted a reply to my FB post but they addressed a comment and not the question. They replied to my comment that it would be nice if there were a happy hour in the Neptune Lounge.

They replied that there is a Happy Hour every day, usually 5-6 pm. Since they are replying to my comment, this makes it sound like there is a Happy Hour in the N.S. If there is, this is news to me:eek: I have never been aware there is one. I think they are referring to the regular Happy Hour so another thing That is getting confusing ;) I did ask for clarification back.

And, of course we went back to the question and requested they address if the wine is for embarkation day or the duration of the cruise. I'll post if they answer.

HAL has posted a reply to my FB post but they addressed a comment and not the question. They replied to my comment that it would be nice if there were a happy hour in the Neptune Lounge.

They replied that there is a Happy Hour every day, usually 5-6 pm. Since they are replying to my comment, this makes it sound like there is a Happy Hour in the N.S. If there is, this is news to me:eek: I have never been aware there is one. I think they are referring to the regular Happy Hour so another thing That is getting confusing ;) I did ask for clarification back.

And, of course we went back to the question and requested they address if the wine is for embarkation day or the duration of the cruise. I'll post if they answer.

Thank you for your diligence! :D

Thanks for the update @kazu.

Perhaps there is someone new writing their copy. I noticed on the new breakfast menu the following sentence that I also thought was quite odd:

"Egg dishes not marked with an asterisk utilize pasteurized egg product."

So, egg dishes "not" noted use pasteurized egg product. (Doesn't state what those items noted use - I guess we are to assume real eggs). Wouldn't it have been far more clear to mark those dishes made with egg product with an asterisk and then state that they are made with pasteurized egg product?

There was a happy hour in the Neptune on our last cruise . To bad you are not allowed to use your beverage package for the self serve bar . That was our first cruise that they had a bar setup in the Neptune.:o

There was a happy hour in the Neptune on our last cruise . To bad you are not allowed to use your beverage package for the self serve bar . That was our first cruise that they had a bar setup in the Neptune.:o

Very good news :). Thank you:)

We had the bar set up on our last cruise but there was no mention of a Happy Hour. If that stays in place, that would be very nice for the next cruise.

I don't expect we will be able to use our beverage cards, either - but I will sacrifice ;)

Well, I didn't get a brochure. I hardly ever do. But if I had one, I would take it with me on my Dec. 9 cruise and ask about it in the Neptune Lounge. If anyone is interested in sending me a copy of theirs, you may contact me at my email address.

Terri

Terri, I can send you pics of the front page and the pertinent page if you want, or I can copy them and mail them to you.

Let me know what suits :).

Terri, I can send you pics of the front page and the pertinent page if you want, or I can copy them and mail them to you.

Let me know what suits :).

Email them to me. I think the whole brochure would be better, but that will have to do.

If you send me the whole brochure just prior to my cruise, I will send it back to you right after the cruise.

Send me an email.

Terri

Email them to me. I think the whole brochure would be better, but that will have to do.

If you send me the whole brochure just prior to my cruise, I will send it back to you right after the cruise.

Send me an email.

Terri

You have mail :D

I received my copy of the brochure containing the same language. I will take it on my cruise with me on Dec. 9. If we do not have complimentary sparkling wine after embarkation day, I will show the brochure to the concierge and see what happens.

I am almost sure it will be met with complete unawareness of this amenity as printed in the brochure. He/she will probably try to take it and run with it to the beverage manager or someone in authority and I will never see the brochure again. Therefore, I will make a copy of it and only let the concierge have the copy and hold on to the original.

I will be sure to report on the results on our return.

Terri

I received my copy of the brochure containing the same language. I will take it on my cruise with me on Dec. 9. If we do not have complimentary sparkling wine after embarkation day, I will show the brochure to the concierge and see what happens.

I am almost sure it will be met with complete unawareness of this amenity as printed in the brochure. He/she will probably try to take it and run with it to the beverage manager or someone in authority and I will never see the brochure again. Therefore, I will make a copy of it and only let the concierge have the copy and hold on to the original.

I will be sure to report on the results on our return.

Terri

Looking forward to your report and have a WONDERFUL cruise :)

Spot on, s7s!

I was having the same struggle with the word "complimentary" too. ;). It might be as simple as poor ad copy - hard to say. ;)

there are times when the reader is expected to use their head. :)

Complimentary in this instance is an example of 'no additional charge........ it is incuded in the fare. I think that rather obbvious.

Edited by sail7seas

Complimentary in this instance is an example of 'no additional charge........ it is incuded in the fare. I think that rather obbvious.

I agree with you. This thread is much ado about nothing. The "champagne" is dreadful to begin with. Frankly I'm surprised there isn't a new thread dealing with the happy hour in the neptune lounge.

As many posters have stated, it's the frequency of the sparkling wine offering that is in question. Is it just at embarkation, or everyday?

They would have to put a gun to my head to make me drink the sparkling wine that was offered on my last Neptune Lounge embarkation visit.:rolleyes:

Though it was free, I did have two flutes!:rolleyes:

To each their own.:)

:D:D

All I know is that IF it was available every day, I could probably force down a mimosa every once in awhile! The OJ helps. ;)

Edited by RJ2002

And, of course we went back to the question and requested they address if the wine is for embarkation day or the duration of the cruise. I'll post if they

There are many of us hedwwho edo not do the facebook game and it would be great if you could make this post a little more clear,,,, commen t question? fyou seem to b e g tripping ov er both and a sre not separating gthem Some of us here on CC donot think FB worth botherin g with.

FB and CC do not b lend smoothly withoug clarifying.

Edited by sail7seas