Viking Star Cabin 7000

suspaul

Hi, we've just booked this cabin on a 2017 Med/Adriatic cruise. We've done 8 Viking river cruises but this will be our first Oceans cruise with Viking. Very excited. Cabins seems to be limited and just curious if anyone has had this particular cabin prior? Should we be concerned by noise from the Explorers Club? Thanks in advance for any info you can pass along.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't think it would be an issue. We've sailed in 8013 and spent a fair amount of time in the Explorer's Lounge and it was never noisy. They didn't do entertainment there, and it's a very civilized space. I don't *think* there's an entrance on the port side of the ship to the lower level of the lounge, and for SURE the main entrance is on the starboard side. On Deck 8 there IS an entrance to the upper level of the lounge at the end of the starboard corridor, but it was almost never used; I'm the only one I ever saw using it...

• 2 years later...

We stayed in 7012 and booked same for the upcoming round the world cruise.  Never heard anything from the lounge and used the the entrance to the lounge by your cabin.  If I recall correctly, it has a "vestibule" entrance with the door out to our deck opening to a small vestibule and another door to the lounge.  There is a piano and some entertainment at cocktail hour, but I don't recall any late evening events.  The nice thing is the morning coffee service set in the lounge each morning.  Just a short walk for a caffeine hit.