Grenada Island Tour

Martin and Lindsey

I haven't been able to find recent information about companies that do an island tour including learning about the spices on the island.

JnJtours?

Mandoo?

Sensation Tours?

??????

I am really hoping that people will post their experiences to help us decide what to do. :)

I've been to Grenada a few times on independent holidays, and even though we always rent a car or truck, sometimes we book a local tour, mainly to have a local who knows the lesser known spots to go, the history and someone else driving so we can drink beer enroute and stop at bars :) Have used Mandoo, he has a motto 'Can-do with Mandoo'. Go up to the north part of the island, see the chocolate factory and Belmont Estate for spices, there's also a quick historic stop, Carib's Leap, Carib Indians jumped to their deaths rather than surrender to the French. There's also various out of the way beaches to stop at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We just did a tour with Mandoo earlier this month. It was a great experience!!

How long was your trip with Mandoo and what did you do? I had found him a while ago and was really excited and then saw a really bad review...like left the family in the rainforest review and they missed their ship [emoji30]. I canceled our day but have seen a few decent reviews so I'm pondering again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
How long was your trip with Mandoo and what did you do? I had found him a while ago and was really excited and then saw a really bad review...like left the family in the rainforest review and they missed their ship [emoji30]. I canceled our day but have seen a few decent reviews so I'm pondering again

Still be excited :) Based on all my experiences with Mandoo the plethora of 'Excellent' reviews reflect the attitude I see to his business and to his guests. What is important to note is that since the post that has concerned you he has had excellent reviews. I saw him yesterday in the cruise liner terminal in his dapper white outfit and we exchanged seasons greetings before he headed out with a full group of folk.

I highly recommend if you still have concerns read the recent reviews and also communicate with him directly and let him know of your nervousness - if nothing else it will help you make a more informed decision.

Have a fabulous cruise and Seasons Greetings to you for Grenada :D

Still be excited :) Based on all my experiences with Mandoo the plethora of 'Excellent' reviews reflect the attitude I see to his business and to his guests. What is important to note is that since the post that has concerned you he has had excellent reviews. I saw him yesterday in the cruise liner terminal in his dapper white outfit and we exchanged seasons greetings before he headed out with a full group of folk.

I highly recommend if you still have concerns read the recent reviews and also communicate with him directly and let him know of your nervousness - if nothing else it will help you make a more informed decision.

Have a fabulous cruise and Seasons Greetings to you for Grenada :D

Thank you!! Maybe I'll reach out again this weekend!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had written a very detailed post on our trip with Vaughan Francis of Tropical Adventures and how much we enjoyed it, but it has been removed, so I will write a much shorter post here in the hope that it will be left here.

We did the Grenada in a Nut(meg) Shell Tour with Vaughan.

We had a fantastic day with him and there were 11 people in our minivan.

We had a great tour of the island and visited the Grand Etang Forest Reserve and crater lake, the River Antoine Rum Distillery, Diamond Chocolate Factory and a Nutmeg Processing Station. We also had lunch in a Grenadan Restuarant that was included in the tour price and consisted of local food and homemade lemonade. The food was very tastey and there was plenty of it. We took our time over lunch and all got to know each other. This did mean that there wasn't time for the last stop at the Lower Concord Waterfall, but we all decided it wasn't worth the risk of missing the ship.

Vaughan was a very knowledgeable guide and spoke very clearly and was easy to understand. He gave us samples of the cocoa pulp surrounding the cocoa beans in the pods, then we also tasted various rums at the distillery and chocolate at the chocolate factory. There were shops at the end of the visits where we could purchase the items made there.

A great day on this beautiful island.