iPad found

haleindia

Hi. We are just home for a great trip on the Infinity thru the Panama Canal.

When I unpacked I found an iPad that hubby packed assuming it was mine. He found it in the safe.

Anyone recently lose one theirs? Thought I would try here before sending it back to Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have contacted celebrity and posted on the previous roll call. iPad is locked. Will see what happens....

Hi! A heads up. Just because I am nosy, I looked at that roll call, & it seems you have posted to the 2017 sailing, not the 2016 sailing.

Hope you can get it back the the owner!

Edited by richsea

Have you tried contacting Apple? If the owner has registered the iPad with them, they'll know who the owner is and may be willing to contact that person.

BTW, if it's in a case, take it out and check the back. Apple offers an engraving service when you buy online, and all of ours have a contact name and phone number engraved on the back.

Edited by Fouremco

That will not work until you have entered a pass code.

Siri works from the lock screen by default. Without unlocking. Siri will work unless the default has been changed. Most probably leave it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Siri works from the lock screen by default. Without unlocking. Siri will work unless the default has been changed. Most probably leave it on.

I learned something new even if it wasn't about cruising. I just tried this with my locked iPhone and it gave my cell number, home number and email address. It also let me call my home number.

Just return it to Celebrity with the information of your sailing date and your cabin number. They will find out the owner quite quickly.:)

Agreed. Send it to X. If it truly was in the safe it's pretty damn obvious who X should contact. Posting this on a public forum only means you're going to get emails from folks wanting a free iPad, claiming its theirs.

Agreed. Send it to X. If it truly was in the safe it's pretty damn obvious who X should contact. Posting this on a public forum only means you're going to get emails from folks wanting a free iPad, claiming its theirs.

Do you really think someone will contact the OP, claim it is theirs and then the OP will just mail it to them without unlocking the ipad to verify?

I would hope X would be able to contact prior passengers staying in that cabin (or would already have a "we lost our ipad on board" report on file), but I have no problem trying to see if a fellow CC member was the owner.

I learned something new even if it wasn't about cruising. I just tried this with my locked iPhone and it gave my cell number, home number and email address. It also let me call my home number.

Does not work on my locked iPad. I tried it on my cell and although Siri comes up, it does not tell me who the phone belongs to. Gives me a list of websites, instead. Must be the way I have the cell and iPad set up. Second thoughts, I am not sure I would want all of my information given out if I were to lose my devices. Especially if they were stolen! I'll just be careful as I always am.

I would not send the iPad back to Celebrity unless they have indicated that they know who the owner is. Calling them would be best. They can always have you and the potential owner contact each other. ;)

.......I would not send the iPad back to Celebrity unless they have indicated that they know who the owner is. Calling them would be best. They can always have you and the potential owner contact each other. ;)

I agree with this. Sometimes things seem to get lost between point a and point b. The owner has a much better chance of getting it back from haleindia since they are trying to locate the owner. If someone contacts Celebrity hopefully they will do the right thing and give haleindia's info to the owner.

I applaud haleindia for doing the right thing in trying to find the owner. Some people wouldn't and would keep it for themselves.

Press down on the home button and hold to and bring up Siri. Ask Siri: Who owns this iPad? or Who does this iPad belong to. If the owner did the usual set up their contact info will come up.

Cool, works on my iPad... but as I said in an earlier post I have my details stuck to the back on a little label.

prodzoomimg2567.jpg