Sun Class Minis now Suites (like C744)?

thunderbaycruiser

We have booked suite C744 on the Sea Princess for 2018, and after some reading, it seems this used to be a mini suite (prior to a 2015 dry dock).

I have tried to find photos / info for this cabin on either the Sea, Sun or Dawn Princess (thinking they would all be the same since they are all Sun Class ships). Unfortunately, I can't really find anything about the cabin after 2015.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin (or a similarly upgraded / former mini aft cabin) on a sun class ship?

Any insights would be very helpful.

Thanks!!

We have booked suite C744 on the Sea Princess for 2018, and after some reading, it seems this used to be a mini suite (prior to a 2015 dry dock).

I have tried to find photos / info for this cabin on either the Sea, Sun or Dawn Princess (thinking they would all be the same since they are all Sun Class ships). Unfortunately, I can't really find anything about the cabin after 2015.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin (or a similarly upgraded / former mini aft cabin) on a sun class ship?

Thanks!!

I looked back into my deck plans and have found the classification for C744 was changed from mini suite to full suite in 2013. So nothing new. If you see something in 2015 it should be the same now.

Thanks!!

Did you look at the photos on Cruisedeckplans? The room and balcony look much nicer than an average mini-suite and have a wet bar, tile floors, nice wooden deck furniture, etc. I can't determine the dates of the photos, but this is not a mini suite.

Thanks for the replies so far.

C744 on Sea Princess is definitely a full suite now (and priced as such). I guess we were just wondering what it was like (especially since it was once classified as a mini suite). Apart for the perks of a suite, what did they do with the décor and or layout to upgrade the cabin from a mini suite to a full suite?

I have tried to google this cabin a lot, but fail to find much about it (especially after it was converted to a full suite).

Also, I was not aware of the Cruisedeckplans website. Looks like you have to pay to be a member

Edited by thunderbaycruiser

Thanks for the replies so far.

C744 on Sea Princess is definitely a full suite now (and priced as such). I guess we were just wondering what it was like (especially since it was once classified as a mini suite). Apart for the perks of a suite, what did they do with the décor and or layout to upgrade the cabin from a mini suite to a full suite?

I have tried to google this cabin a lot, but fail to find much about it (especially after it was converted to a full suite).

Also, I was not aware of the Cruisedeckplans website. Looks like you have to pay to be a member

Yes, you may have to pay to see the pictures on cruisedeckplans but a lot of their site is free. I'm not sure what the membership costs now, but I paid US $20 for a lifetime membership many years ago. I have used it tons, really worth it to me.

It looks like a nice enough room, if a tad small for a suite, but it is nicely furnished and the bathroom is nice.

Yes, you may have to pay to see the pictures on cruisedeckplans but a lot of their site is free. I'm not sure what the membership costs now, but I paid US $20 for a lifetime membership many years ago. I have used it tons, really worth it to me.

It looks like a nice enough room, if a tad small for a suite, but it is nicely furnished and the bathroom is nice.

Thanks for the extra info about cruisedeckplans. I think I will sign up based upon your recommendation! We cruise enough to make it worthwhile.

Glad to hear the cabin looks nice! Can't wait to see the photos once I sign up!

The mini suites on sun class are wonderful... just like a suite on other ships... wish I could book again...we did one on the Sea Princess a few years back.

I'm glad to hear this! We often book newer, larger ships and were a little "concerned" with Sea Princess being rather old and smaller by comparison. Have been reading that a lot of cruisers like the Sun Class ships!

I am just back from sailing Sun Princess, around New Zealand, RT from Sydney. What a trip!

Had aft facing mini suite D748. It was nicer than full suites on most ships! Beautiful, old fashioned woodwork, a walk-in closet, and even a jacuzzi! Lots of drawer space, too. Didn't even use it all.

There were two nice flat screen TVs, with on demand programming, including many, many movies.

Dennis, the room steward, was among the best, ever.

Another great thing about the Sun Princess is the fantastic, wide promenade deck.

I loved it!

Thanks for the extra info about cruisedeckplans. I think I will sign up based upon your recommendation! We cruise enough to make it worthwhile.

Glad to hear the cabin looks nice! Can't wait to see the photos once I sign up!

Let me know how it goes. I hope it hasn't gotten expensive.

Another feature I like are the drag and drop deck plans. It makes it pretty easy to tell exactly what is over a cabin. And all the pictures too.

I am just back from sailing Sun Princess' date=' around New Zealand, RT from Sydney. What a trip!

Had aft facing mini suite D748. It was nicer than full suites on most ships! Beautiful, old fashioned woodwork, a walk-in closet, and even a jacuzzi! Lots of drawer space, too. Didn't even use it all.

There were two nice flat screen TVs, with on demand programming, including many, many movies.

Dennis, the room steward, was among the best, ever.

Another great thing about the Sun Princess is the fantastic, wide promenade deck.

I loved it![/quote']

Sounds great! Thanks for that! So good to hear you liked the cabin just below us. Although D748 is still a mini, from the deck plans it looks to be similar in size to C744.

We were actually booked in D748, but then grew a little concerned about being directly over the Vista Lounge. However, it will also be a 50th birthday celebration for me, so we decided to splurge on a Suite!!

Let me know how it goes. I hope it hasn't gotten expensive.

Another feature I like are the drag and drop deck plans. It makes it pretty easy to tell exactly what is over a cabin. And all the pictures too.

Sounds good! I will let you know.

It didn't look expensive at all when I looked last night. Won't get a chance to sign up until this evening.