Why a Cabana?

Tom O.

As mentioned previously, here are my comments now that we have had a Lido Cabana on the NA earlier this month. It was, for us, probably the best extra money we have spent on a cruise. We has 3 sea days to start, having had to miss Grand Turk, so we got a lot if use out of it. We used it everyday, even port days, for at least part of the day. We had a great steward that looks after the cabanas (Patrick) and had breakfast there a few times, as well as lunch. It was nice being by the pool and having our own space and shade.

We always book a balcony cabin and from now on when available we will always rent a lido cabana. It provides a comfortable place near the pool but out of the sun . No worries about finding a lounger. The Cabana stewards provide great service. It is worth the extra expense for us.

We enjoy the balcony for coffee in the morning ,wine in the evening and just watching the ocean in general.

Everybody has their individual tastes and fortunately on board you can pick and choose what works for you. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Lots of reasons but I would like to add that the Cabana boys are wonderful and bring you anything you want. It's like having your own personal outdoor Neptune Lounge. The hinge on my glasses broke and they fixed them in minutes.

I booked an aft balcony last year on Nieuw Amsterdam and a family retreat cabana. I usually book a balcony or signature suite and hope for an upsell to a Neptune suite. The family retreat was the best idea I've had in awhile. I used my aft balcony to watch the wake in the evening and spent my days watching everything going on from my retreat

87bb75eb9be2504852437b5a32275510.jpg09aab542b08ffab0f219318496b2f159.jpgf1cde5335b6a2861a51d60591140b5a5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good question, Tom. We alwaysw have verandah and cannot imagine getting one of those eship cabanas. They have never appealed to me and hold no attraction. We visitedd in some and they were hot, no view, and lots of nosey peeepers.

Good question, Tom. We alwaysw have verandah and cannot imagine getting one of those eship cabanas. They have never appealed to me and hold no attraction. We visitedd in some and they were hot, no view, and lots of nosey peeepers.

We had a few peepers but they weren't the nosey kind. :D

We had a few peepers but they weren't the nosey kind. :D

I imagine that you'd have quite a few people looking in if you were in the Lido Cabanas, but the Retreat Cabanas are more out of the way. It was rare than anyone looked in, and even then it was mostly celebrity autograph seekers.

lounging-poohby-joe-sm.jpg

I imagine that you'd have quite a few people looking in if you were in the Lido Cabanas, but the Retreat Cabanas are more out of the way. It was rare than anyone looked in, and even then it was mostly celebrity autograph seekers.

lounging-poohby-joe-sm.jpg

We have a retreat cabana booked for the upcoming cruise. If you are in the neighbourhood feel free to peep---- but no being nosey:D

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is an advantage to not having to run back and forth!

(Off topic, but you had connecting balconies with the partition open? :eek: Those must be some incredibly good friends, I don't think I could do that! :) )

I don't understand your remark at all..:confused:

We have very good Friends & would think nothing of having a partition open with them next door..As a matter of fact we were going to do it on our last vacation, but never got around to it as we all spent most of our time out on deck..We've actually had these Good Friends stay with us, in our vacation condo, when we used to go on vacation together.. Each couple respected the others privacy..

True friends are at all times respectful of each others' privacy, so your intimation is a complete non-issue.

Thanks Lizzie for putting it in the right perspective!:D

I haven't found an answer to this question. Please excuse me if it has been asked.

If we rent the family cabana (we are a family of 4) are friends permitted to join us if DD and DS are not in the cabana? So there will only be 4 people, but not the 4 that paid?

I haven't found an answer to this question. Please excuse me if it has been asked.

If we rent the family cabana (we are a family of 4) are friends permitted to join us if DD and DS are not in the cabana? So there will only be 4 people, but not the 4 that paid?

I would think that you'll be fine unless you have a large number of people or someone complains. We had a regular 2 person Retreat Cabana and were traveling with my wife's father. All 3 of us had lunch in the cabana pretty regularly and it wasn't an issue. (It was 4 if you count Poohby Joe, but he brought his own Hunny.)

I would think that you'll be fine unless you have a large number of people or someone complains. We had a regular 2 person Retreat Cabana and were traveling with my wife's father. All 3 of us had lunch in the cabana pretty regularly and it wasn't an issue. (It was 4 if you count Poohby Joe, but he brought his own Hunny.)

Thanks! Perfect. If we were sailing with you I would bring some Hunny to share! ;)

I had the family retreat cabana. I don't think we had more than 4 at any time but 2 of us who were the renters had 2 visitors one afternoon and they didn't say anything. As a matter of fact we had more bubbly served to us that afternoon than what we consumed for the rest of the trip. The cabana boys were wonderful and couldn't do enough for you.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk