Oasis review

Ken Greco

Just got off the Oasis and here is my review. I may be in parts so bear with me that is my laptop issue not cruise critic.

As a former cruisers on the Oasis in 2010 and a solo cruiser this time I saw some positive things and negative things. First, the positive things. Embarcation was fast and easy. I was on the ship with little paper work in 15 minutes. Carry your luggage on if you can fit it thru the scanner; no waiting for your luggage by your cabin. Second, the ship still looked beautiful. Third, the Cats production was amazing but long 2 1/2 hours long. Cats is not for everyone it is not your traditional broadway musical but the singing and dancing will blow you away. Fourth, The captain was the most accessible captain I have met. He was on the TV telling about the course changes to avoid the lousy weather and also he hosted a Q&A session in person on the ship; the first for me.

Just got off the Oasis and here is my review. I may be in parts so bear with me that is my laptop issue not cruise critic.

As a former cruisers on the Oasis in 2010 and a solo cruiser this time I saw some positive things and negative things. First, the positive things. Embarcation was fast and easy. I was on the ship with little paper work in 15 minutes. Carry your luggage on if you can fit it thru the scanner; no waiting for your luggage by your cabin. Second, the ship still looked beautiful. Third, the Cats production was amazing but long 2 1/2 hours long. Cats is not for everyone it is not your traditional broadway musical but the singing and dancing will blow you away. Fourth, The captain was the most accessible captain I have met. He was on the TV telling about the course changes to avoid the lousy weather and also he hosted a Q&A session in person on the ship; the first for me.

Now the negative: The two formal nights in the MDR were hardly formal. I wore a suit and tie along with my well dressed tablemates. But I saw men in tee shirts and shorts, and wearing hats all thru the dinner. Women were casually dressed. Looks like RCCL does not was to offend anyone anymore. Second, Our cruise director was never seen greeting people around the ship. Third, food choices in the MDR was cut back. The green salads were terrible. The lobster was over cooked. The best meal was the ravioli in a cream sauce, fantastic. Fourth, No one sat around the piano bar; the man had no connection with the cruisers. Five, The Park Café which generally has great reviews was a hit and a miss this time. Their roast beef sandwiches were well cooked other times the meat was so raw it could have walked off your plate. Six, The royal promenade was a constant shopping district with watches, trinkets every night. It did convince me to buy a few watches for friends back home but what else are you going to bring to your friends; a RCCL tee shirt to make them feel guilty.

Some people like their Kummelwrecks rare. ;)

Embarkation and debarkation will likely change when she arrives in PC in a week. It will likely be a little rough in the beginning, but I'm positive it will be just as nice if not better after a few turnovers.