Price adjustment - Lose cabin?

rfendt

I'm booked on the Breakaway 3/5/17 and the current price is $280 less than my booking (with same promo BEVDINE). I called for a price adjustment and I was told that she would have to cancel my current booking and then rebook and "hopefully" get the same cabin that I'm in, but since it's immediately released into the pool, anyone else can grab it before she can rebook????

Well.... since I booked an angled balcony, I cannot afford to lose this room. There is no way i could cruise with the regular balcony after having the angled one previously :D So, a couple questions. Does this sound right? Is there another way for them to do this (she said no)? Anyone ever lose their cabin after having to do this?

It's close to not being worth the price difference to lose this (well, not that close :p ) But my wife would not be happy at all - especially since we have an inside cabin right across with our 2 kids.

TIA for the help!

I have never had that done. In fact I went to pay on a cruise once and they told me the cabin went lower and adjusted right then and there. I would call again and try another rep.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you cancel and rebook you might lose the cabin of your choice. :o

Yea, I get that, but I am not asking to cancel and rebook, I just want the price adjustment. Do they HAVE to cancel to adjust the price, or can it be done without cancelling? That's the $280 question....

One time I had booked a cabin and the price went down. When I called they said the same thing. I had an alternative cabin in mind that was just as acceptable so I asked her if when she cancels and rebooks if my cabin gets lost to someone else to please book the other cabin. I was able to keep the same cabin.

That said on an upcoming cruise the price went down but since I am traveling with family and do not want to take the chance on losing my cabin I am just going to keep it. Just my experience.

Yes it can happen. They just can't go with the lower price. Most of the time you are okay since it is done fast, but you can lose your cabin. We booked a cruise that had the shore excursion credit. When they changed to free room charges, we were afraid we might lose our cabin so didn't ask for the new promos.

Good luck either way.

If you have already made your final payment that may be the real issue.

For my January 2017 cruise a lower price was listed a few months later, before I made final payment. I called the NCL customer service and they adjusted the price immediately and sent a new email confirmation.

People on CC have often indicated getting different answers from different representatives, you could always try calling again or even asking to be escalated to a supervisor.

I did this earlier this fall for my next cruise and initially kept the same room. Potentially losing the cabin neve came up with the rep I spoke with. I did however have to change my "free at sea" selections, as they had changed, but that was fine.

A bit later the price dropped again on higher categories, so I called again and upgraded to a higher balcony for the same price I already planned on paying. :cool:

If you have already made your final payment that may be the real issue.

People on CC have often indicated getting different answers from different representatives, you could always try calling again or even asking to be escalated to a supervisor.

No, final payment is still 6 weeks away. I planned on calling first thing tomorrow morning. I figure the traffic grabbing for rooms will be a lot lower than trying it at 7pm, and less of a chance of losing the room. Thanks

I did this earlier this fall for my next cruise and initially kept the same room. Potentially losing the cabin neve came up with the rep I spoke with. I did however have to change my "free at sea" selections, as they had changed, but that was fine.

Yea, promotions are the same for me, but I may switch it to the Unl Bev & get the prepaid gratuities instead of the 3 meals (better value overall i think)

Edited by rfendt

I just upgraded from an interior to an oceanview because the ov price went down. I asked several times if this was a cancel rebook or an upgrade. She kept saying that it was just upgrade. Should i expect to now not get my extra latitudes points for booking 9+ months in advance since i now changed cabins 2 months before sailing? Anyone have any experience in losing the extra points after upgrading?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm booked on the Breakaway 3/5/17 and the current price is $280 less than my booking (with same promo BEVDINE). I called for a price adjustment and I was told that she would have to cancel my current booking and then rebook and "hopefully" get the same cabin that I'm in, but since it's immediately released into the pool, anyone else can grab it before she can rebook????

Well.... since I booked an angled balcony, I cannot afford to lose this room. There is no way i could cruise with the regular balcony after having the angled one previously :D So, a couple questions. Does this sound right? Is there another way for them to do this (she said no)? Anyone ever lose their cabin after having to do this?

It's close to not being worth the price difference to lose this (well, not that close :p ) But my wife would not be happy at all - especially since we have an inside cabin right across with our 2 kids.

TIA for the help!

There is no reason to cancel and rebook. NCL can easily make this price adjustment. You just need to get a person on the phone who is willing to reprice for you. Keep calling until someone on the phone will do it for you without the cancel/rebook gobblygook.

Ive done this a few times (once when UBP was first available) and another for drop in price. Did have to rebook and was told chance of losing my current cabin. Guess the odds of someone booking at the exact time you are for the exact cabin is slim but could happen. Why not check and see if any other angled balconies available on your cruise as a backup?

TIA for the help!

We have done this so many times (also with angled balconies, although that doesn't matter.) Sure, there is a very slim chance that someone else might book the exact same cabin on the exact same cruise during those couple minutes it takes the rep to make the change. But that chance is so minuscule slim that it should be unmentionable.

We have done this so many times (also with angled balconies, although that doesn't matter.) Sure, there is a very slim chance that someone else might book the exact same cabin on the exact same cruise during those couple minutes it takes the rep to make the change. But that chance is so minuscule slim that it should be unmentionable.

i agree with unmentionable. i did this switcheroo and they warned me i could lose it.

just do it at an 'off'time if you are worried. if you think about the odds of someone getting that cabin at that time out of alllll the others, its really in your favor

It's true that some agents warn customers about releasing and rebooking the cabin, and others don't, but it doesn't necessarily follow that they are doing things two different ways. It could be that some agents just do it without telling you they're doing it. Maybe (speculation) they know that it takes a few minutes for the cabin to appear to the rest of the world as available, so they have plenty of time to get it back for you without any risk of losing it.

Maybe (speculation) it's part of their training to use "you might lose your cabin" as a tactic to discourage people from asking for price drops…

It's true that some agents warn customers about releasing and rebooking the cabin, and others don't, but it doesn't necessarily follow that they are doing things two different ways. It could be that some agents just do it without telling you they're doing it. Maybe (speculation) they know that it takes a few minutes for the cabin to appear to the rest of the world as available, so they have plenty of time to get it back for you without any risk of losing it.

Maybe (speculation) it's part of their training to use "you might lose your cabin" as a tactic to discourage people from asking for price drops…

I've done this multiple times as well and have been warned about this very slight chance and it has never happened. The odds are against it happening, but they are wise let people know that it COULD happen (and indeed HAS happened to at least one poster so far).

I just repriced my cruise last week, a few days before final payment. My cabin was changed. I called immediately and they were able to change it back to the original cabin. I have done this many times before and never had my cabin # changed, in addition was never told of the possibility it might change. Thank goodness I checked out my new paperwork and noticed the cabin change.

Never heard of a waitlist for a specific cabin on NCL. I've seen some agents offer a waitlist for a whole category if no cabins are currently available, but in that case someone who is already booked in the category wouldn't be calling for a price drop (because the price would no longer be listed, and would probably be higher than what they paid anyway).

just do it at an 'off'time if you are worried. if you think about the odds of someone getting that cabin at that time out of alllll the others, its really in your favor

That's what I ended up doing. I called at 9am est - 6am pst :D Got my almost $400 discount and stayed in same cabins! Yay!

The only drawback was that I was told that my booking date would change and I would lose my double points for booking >9 months. I figured I would contact Latitudes after the cruise to see if I could get the extra credits. Either way, and extra 7 points aren't worth the credit I got back.