Inquiring Mind.....help from Windstar Experts

Lois R

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your lovely post. I am not really stressing:)...

I just can't decide which cruise to take...time and money are part of my

decisions. If money and time were no object I would just pick and go.;)

I have some time to decide......I am using these forum as I always do....

for good information. Been chatting on here for more than 13 years but

this type of cruise is brand new to me.

Hi Lois, Wish I could help you because you are always a kind and trustworthy source of great information on the Celebrity forum. But the cruise we take this week is our first with Windstar. I can add that through a TA we have been pleased with their customer service, especially when it came to their very generous "price match guarantee". The price drops after final payment are often a contentious issue on other lines, with Windstar some type of compensation will lessen the sting. Enjoy the process deciding which of Windstar's many unusual itineraries in Europe you will finally choose...they all look good to me as well.

Hi Lois, Wish I could help you because you are always a kind and trustworthy source of great information on the Celebrity forum. But the cruise we take this week is our first with Windstar. I can add that through a TA we have been pleased with their customer service, especially when it came to their very generous "price match guarantee". The price drops after final payment are often a contentious issue on other lines, with Windstar some type of compensation will lessen the sting. Enjoy the process deciding which of Windstar's many unusual itineraries in Europe you will finally choose...they all look good to me as well.

Hi Janet:) thanks for the kind words. What cruise are you taking this

week?:D

Caribbean, all tendering into small islands except St Maarten. Not going far in distance but exploring new islands and relaxing.

http://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/caribbean/san-juan-and-the-virgin-islands/?id=100&sid=20767

Have a wonderful time:).....hope you will come back and give me your

thoughts!

Lois: Pick a cruise before the ships sell out. Windstar ships are small. I am on b2b sailing this spring. Windstar has a price match policy that rocks. After you book, if the price drops, Windstar will match the drop with a price reduction. That includes after the final payment up until 7 days before you sail. I booked in September and have had my cruise fares lowered twice.

Windstar has a price match policy that rocks. After you book, if the price drops, Windstar will match the drop with a price reduction. That includes after the final payment up until 7 days before you sail. I booked in September and have had my cruise fares lowered twice.

That's not exactly how it works. If the price drops, and doesn't it almost always, Windstar chooses how you will be compensated. They can upgrade your cabin, give you a future cruise credit, give you onboard credit or refund the difference in price. You don't get to pick what you want.

Although I'm usually a last minute booker with Windstar, on our December cruise the price dropped twice. We got a cabin "upgrade" and then received onboard credit.

I agree that the price match is great, but it does not mean you get a price reduction up to seven days prior to sailing. Our fare dropped twice. Once we got OBC and the second time we got an cabin upgrade. Windstar determines the form of reimbursement.

We are about to take our 5th Windstar cruise in a few weeks. They have all been fabulous. Hard to pick a favorite!

Good morning....:) I probably should not have done this but I read some

reviews on the BREEZE......yikes:eek:....but I have cruised enough overall

that it should not affect me...I guess there are always folks who complain,

no matter what cruiseline/ship. There were quite a few negative reviews

about this ship.

I have been looking at a cruise on her "SPANISH SERENADE"........the

itinerary looks awesome to me.....it is on The BREEZE.......

Thoughts?

We were on the Breeze 3 months ago. Crew was phenomenal. Food delicious. Ship in good repair. Officers delightful. Nothing bad to say at all. Spain itinerary is great. Went there on Surf last year. Beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We were on the Breeze 3 months ago. Crew was phenomenal. Food delicious. Ship in good repair. Officers delightful. Nothing bad to say at all. Spain itinerary is great. Went there on Surf last year. Beautiful.

Thank you:)...after all your cruises with them, that is a valuable answer

to me.:)

I agree that the price match is great, but it does not mean you get a price reduction up to seven days prior to sailing. Our fare dropped twice. Once we got OBC and the second time we got an cabin upgrade. Windstar determines the form of reimbursement.

We are about to take our 5th Windstar cruise in a few weeks. They have all been fabulous. Hard to pick a favorite!

Where do y'all check prices other than the Windstar Site ?

I keep waffling but am really looking at the Spanish Serenade or Southern

Spain/Morocco......they both look really good to me.:)

I always check the times in port, and then compare what airfare will be. That sometimes makes the choice clear if I can't decide any other way.

Edited by 6rugrats

I always check the times in port, and then compare what airfare will be. That sometimes makes the choice clear if I can't decide any other way.

We are in port on both cruises all day......they both have 1 sea day

which is ok with me.:)

I have been looking at so many I have even gotten my ships mixed up.

One is on the Legend, one is on the Breeze and a 3rd one is on THE SURF.....

Sorry for being so fickle....this is a totally new type of cruise for me.

I know the Legend and the Breeze are the motor yachts........

We did Southern Spain and Morocco last year on the Surf. If I was doing Windstar for the first time it would definitely be the Surf. It is the most representative of the Windstar experience. That being said the motor yachts have larger cabins and smaller number of passengers. Either itinerary is lovely so you can't miss!