Hotel im Galveston TX

cruisinggrandma57

Sometimes they do. The one time we stayed at Moody Garden, if booked on line, two nights were required. I called and was allowed to book one night. The biggest cockroach I have ever seen anywhere was in our room. Also, the hotel was FULL of kids and all public spaces were extremely noisy. And I had to get my credit card company to fight with them to remove an erroneous charge. Not a good experience.

We usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express in Webster. It's only about 30 minutes from the pier and the rates are lower than Galveston. Book far in advance. I've never had a problem, but I just tried to book a room for our cruise Feb 5th and everything in the area is taken.

Sometimes they do. The one time we stayed at Moody Garden, if booked on line, two nights were required. I called and was allowed to book one night. The biggest cockroach I have ever seen anywhere was in our room. Also, the hotel was FULL of kids and all public spaces were extremely noisy. And I had to get my credit card company to fight with them to remove an erroneous charge. Not a good experience.

The amount of kids is why we have not been to this hotel yet

Stayed at Harbor House, no car needed within walking distance to port (they do have a shuttle) and many other places to eat. Didn't make it to the Gulf side of the island so if that is something you would like to do you will need a car, taxi or possible walk.

Expand your search to Texas City as well. Just off the island but without the higher rates of the island.

This is exactly what we did. I kept finding that many of the hotels in Galveston required at least a two night stay which we did not need. After looking at these forums, I found Texas City. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Texas City. We were only about 15 minutes from the port and it was super easy to get to the port from the hotel. We paid $96.05 including tax for our king room. It was very comfortable and I've already booked it for us for our cruise next year.

Here's a link to the hotel, in case you're interested:

https://www.choicehotels.com/texas/texas-city/comfort-inn-hotels/txa87

We usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express in Webster. It's only about 30 minutes from the pier and the rates are lower than Galveston. Book far in advance. I've never had a problem, but I just tried to book a room for our cruise Feb 5th and everything in the area is taken.

We are staying there on Sunday before our cruise. We tried to stay closer to the port in Holiday Inn but this was the closest one that was not booked 2 months ago when we booked our hotel.

I'm a fan of the Country Inn & Suites and the Four Points on the Seawall. Both are comfortable. The Country Inn is walking distance to The Spot, which is a plus for us.

There's a new Best Western Plus that just opened up ("Galveston Suites") that's on the quieter end of the island. It's only been open for about a month.

There's also a Best Western Plus at the other end by Stewart Beach ("By The Beach") that I have stayed in and had a good experience.

I have been able to get all of these hotels without a 2 night minimum.