Car Rental FLL/Port Everglades

martyap

I am picking up a rental at FLL for a few days prior to my cruise. I got a good price returning back to FLL rather than one of the offices (Budget or Avis) right outside the port. I understand the rentals at the airport are actually in the parking garages. Is it fairly easy to return back to FLL and either get a shuttle?, taxi or uber to the port. It would be fairly early on a Sunday morning..........or would it be easier just to return to one of the locations closer to the port?

Thanks

Karen

I am picking up a rental at FLL for a few days prior to my cruise. I got a good price returning back to FLL rather than one of the offices (Budget or Avis) right outside the port. I understand the rentals at the airport are actually in the parking garages. Is it fairly easy to return back to FLL and either get a shuttle?, taxi or uber to the port. It would be fairly early on a Sunday morning..........or would it be easier just to return to one of the locations closer to the port?

Thanks

Karen

Why don't you tell us what company you rented from and it will help us answer your question.

Either Budget or Avis......I can pick up from either at FLL and return to either at their 17th street locations which seems to be near the port. Or I can return back to FLL which is about $20 cheaper (not a big deal)......

You might want to figure total cost of transportation to PE and the rental cost if there is no free shuttle. Alamo, National and Enterprise all share the same free FLL to PE shuttle bus. After you drop the car in the rental garage at FLL, remove your luggage and follow the signs to the shuttle stop. You will need to show your rental agreement to the driver.

Budget has a location in the back of the parking lot next to the Renaissance on 17th Street and they will shuttle you to PE after you drop the car.

Avis has a location inside Hyatt Pier 66 with a free shuttle to PE.

Other threads with info...

See Ashland's post...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2417942&highlight=thrifty+port+everglades

And then there was your thread from a week ago...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2415490

Edited by Lido_Deck