Russian Tour

Marltom

We were extremely happy with SPB tours for both Russia and Germany. They also do a couple of other countries. Our Russian experience encompassed 2 days. You will not be disappointed with SPB.

Check out Red October Tours

6 of us used Alla tours in St. Pete and also in Helsinki and Warnnemunde.We were very impressed with the tours and how smoothly every thing went. When in Warnnemunde there was a train strike but Alla stepped up and did the tour with a van where other tours cancelled. Would definitely use them again.

We used Irina K. From Tours By Locals. (There are three Irina's so make sure you look for the "K") It was an exceptional 2 days. it was Victory Day in Russia and the crowds were impressive. Irina knew some things would be closed and mixed up our days so we could see it all. She bought all of our tickets ahead of time so there was virtually no waiting in line. We visited all of the major sights, went underground on the subway, took a ride through the canals and visited a local grocery store as well as seeing more authentic St P compared to all the glossy, shiny government buildings. She asked about us, and told us about herself. She gave us an excellent tour and we highly recommend her.

Take a look at TripAdvisor for St. Petersburg tour companies. SPB tours is #1, Alla tours is #2 and TJ Travel is #3 of 302 companies.

You can find various threads about St. Petersburg on the Northern Europe & Baltics threads. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

We booked the 3 day St. Petersburg tour with SPB based upon what we read there.

Another vote for Alla tours in St Petersburg, we did a 2 day custom tour (added the Faberge Museum) with a maximum of 16 people. As we have no other company to compare them with, we were more than pleased and felt we saw everything we wanted during a busy two days.

That said, we also booked a Stockholm tour with them that was horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took the Alla "Comfort Tour" which was 2-days in St Petersburg and it covered almost everything in comparison to their "Deluxe Tour". It was a bit more slow paced, stopped for lunches instead of boxed lunches for example. The touring vehicles were smaller with fewer people. It was perfect for us as we wanted to take the time and enjoy St Petersburg and not feel like we were on a treadmill.

Can not rave enough about Guide-Guru!!! They were superb. Excellent guide, clean comfortable mini bus with WiFi, we tailored the tour to our interests, and with 6 people we crammed more into tow days than you can possibly imagine. Exceptionally well organized, responsive and just a superb company to do business with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

6 of us used Alla tours in St. Pete and also in Helsinki and Warnnemunde.We were very impressed with the tours and how smoothly every thing went. When in Warnnemunde there was a train strike but Alla stepped up and did the tour with a van where other tours cancelled. Would definitely use them again.

+1 on Alla tours. They even did a bit of customization on the tour that we took.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

We took a two day private tour with SPB...by private I mean just myself and my DH. We had a driver and a guide that did a fascinating job. We never waited in line, and even had lunch in a private restaurant. We saw so much, that it was mind boggling! My DH was not happy that I chose to spend all this money, until the morning of our first day. Then all he said was...you were so right! It was like being part of a movie...hard to believe that we were treated like royalty! No, we are not wealthy, just very interested in Russian history. Actually, the tours that we take alone, and we research every one, have all been the very best...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

We were extremely happy with SPB tours for both Russia and Germany. They also do a couple of other countries. Our Russian experience encompassed 2 days. You will not be disappointed with SPB.

Another vote for SPB for both St. Petersburg and Berlin. There were 8 of us on the two day St. Petersburg tour, our guide took us through side entrances and in other places we went against the flow of tourist so we didn't spend a lot of time waiting in line. We paid in cash and if you do, they want new bills. The will not accept torn or worn bills.

We used TJ Travel two years ago because both Alla and SPB did not want to do a Jewish Heritage tour for us, until TJ said they could and would and we created our own group from our roll call. 11 of us, fascinating stuff but also included the the usuals like Peterhof, Hermitage, etc. TJ Travel had no problems accepting credit cards during the tour but they like the others want new, crisp, clean bills if you are paying in cash. The key is to find a small group and go and enjoy. It was much easier moving around with just 11 of us rather than a big bus full of folks.

We took a two day private tour with SPB...by private I mean just myself and my DH. We had a driver and a guide that did a fascinating job. We never waited in line, and even had lunch in a private restaurant. We saw so much, that it was mind boggling! My DH was not happy that I chose to spend all this money, until the morning of our first day. Then all he said was...you were so right! It was like being part of a movie...hard to believe that we were treated like royalty! No, we are not wealthy, just very interested in Russian history. Actually, the tours that we take alone, and we research every one, have all been the very best...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We likewise did a 2-day "private tour" with SPB and completely agree. We saw so much in such a short time. SPB covers every detail with excellence and customizes the tour to your desires.

Have obtained Visas and toured St. Petersburg on our own.

We have also used SPB several times with different friends, and very satisfied. Everything was as stated and no surprises.

We will be there again in July with family who has not been to Russia. We intend to use SPB tours. Viktoria who owns SPB tours does a wonderful job. We also have met her husband in Berlin.

I would consider SPB tours if you are going there.

Mirage

Have done the Baltic itinerary twice with Celebrity. We used Red October the first time, Den-Rus the second. Both were reliable, knowledgeable, easy to work with and delivered everything promised. However, because we had visited all the must-see sights the first time around, we wanted a more customized, off the beaten path tour the second time and Den-Rus was more than happy to accommodate us.