uber from fll hotel to port of miami

illinoisfive

I don't trust Uber with all of the horror stories - I prefer licensed shuttles that I know have permits and such for the ports and airports and carry commercial passenger insurance. I have had too many friends end up in lawsuits with Uber over accidents and such and then the Uber so called insurance does not cover the passengers. You may pay a few dollars more but its better to be safe than sorry when on vacation. The shuttles are mostly $15pp of staying near an airport hotel and a bit more from he beach but it is worth it. Usually have nice vans like Mercedes and they handle your luggage. We like Jiffy Jeff Transportation.

• 3 years later...
On 11/14/2016 at 9:39 PM, Sweet68 said:

I don't trust Uber with all of the horror stories - I prefer licensed shuttles that I know have permits and such for the ports and airports and carry commercial passenger insurance. I have had too many friends end up in lawsuits with Uber over accidents and such and then the Uber so called insurance does not cover the passengers. You may pay a few dollars more but its better to be safe than sorry when on vacation. The shuttles are mostly $15pp of staying near an airport hotel and a bit more from he beach but it is worth it. Usually have nice vans like Mercedes and they handle your luggage. We like Jiffy Jeff Transportation.

Accidents with an Uber driver where the vehicle crashed and injured the passengers?  Does that happen a lot in Florida?

I've used Uber in Florida several times.  Once was to go from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to a Miami hotel.  Then I used Uber to go from the Miami port to the Fort Lauderdale airport.  The third time was to go from a hotel near the Orlando airport to the port in Port Canaveral.  Thankfully, no accidents!

On 11/13/2016 at 3:11 PM, illinoisfive said:

is it possible to take an uber from a hotel in fort lauderdale to/ from the port of miami? i am wondering if this is cheaper and easier than one of the shuttle companies (which restrict which hotels they pick up from)

It's done all the time and is very easy as people are going back and forth between Fort lauderdale and Miami all the time.  It's extremely easy and runs anywhere from $35 to $40 depending on where you are staying.