Pre Madrid city stay

Pyroforyou

I was wondering if anyone has been on the Madrid city stay pre-stay. I just noticed it being offered for our Romantic Mediterranean cruise. I had to call to get the price since it was not listed on the Viking website, its 599 per person. I was thinking of adding a pre-stay for Barcelona but thought this might be a nice change and it included a city tour.

IMHO, if you don't want the hassle of planning the details and want the comfort of having someone getting you from the airport to the hotel and then to the ship, then the starting price of $599 pp is not terrible--however, I would ask the price before you book because it could be more than $599. Keep in mind that while it says Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 on the schedule, you really only have about a day and half to tour the city (or less depending on when your plane arrives on Day 1).

However, if you can take the days and you are willing to book things on your own, for about the same cost, you can add a night or two and have time to see the city at a slightly more leisurely pace.

I was wondering if anyone has been on the Madrid city stay pre-stay. I just noticed it being offered for our Romantic Mediterranean cruise. I had to call to get the price since it was not listed on the Viking website, its 599 per person. I was thinking of adding a pre-stay for Barcelona but thought this might be a nice change and it included a city tour.

Madrid is an elegant and sophisticated city and I am sure you would enjoy staying there.

However am not sure I would stay there pre cruise if my voyage left from Barcelona but then I am not a lover of flying. Just my opinion.

Doesn't seem overly practical to me, too much packing up and flying!!!

The transfer from Madrid to Barcelona is by train -- 6 hours.

The packing is easy; just arrange your packing so that you have enough for the days in Madrid on top or in one bag and only unpack what you will need.

The transfer from Madrid to Barcelona is by train -- 6 hours.

The packing is easy; just arrange your packing so that you have enough for the days in Madrid on top or in one bag and only unpack what you will need.

Hate to contradict you Peregrina651 but it does not take 6 hours to travel between Madrid and Barcelona by train.

If one takes a fast express am pretty sure the journey takes less than 3 hours.

We are all different aren't we and beautiful though Madrid is, I would be spending my pre cruise time in gorgeous Barcelona if my cruise left from there

Hate to contradict you Peregrina651 but it does not take 6 hours to travel between Madrid and Barcelona by train.

If one takes a fast express am pretty sure the journey takes less than 3 hours.

Well, we can thank Google for that bit of mis-information. I tried to check the train schedule on the RENFE site but it didn't want to answer my questions (probably issues with my browser). I thought that the 6 hours was probably for a slow train but still LOL because I remember the days when 6 hours was the fast train.

Edited by Peregrina651