Divina - last day help

babyh200

Hello,

It will be our first MSC cruise on December 16th this year on the Divina. We booked a couple of weeks ago and I have been lurking about trying to learn as much as possible.

The Divina looks amazing and I am happy to try something new. Previously sailed Carnival and Disney (totally opposite ends of the scale)

and loved them all.

I have a departure problem relating to car hire and would be very grateful for any advice.

We need to hire a car on December 23 2016 for 3 days. Our flight home is from Orlando International on December 26 2016 at 14.30pm

If we collect a car from Miami International at say10am and drop off at Orlando at midday 3 days later we will need to pay for an extra day. Normally the cost would be minimal but because it falls over the Christmas period car hire prices are very expensive.

I read somewhere you have to leave the cabin by 7am on departure day? Does that mean they literally 'throw you' off the ship as early as possible?

Is the dining room open for breakfast or just the buffet?

It may help to add we are 2 adults and 4 children so it does take us a while to get places (includes our newest addition who is only 7 months!)

Would we be hanging around if we collect the car at 11am or should we pay for the extra day? (£70 extra)

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks Mandy

You cannot leave until your number/color is called. But you can hang around until last call, although you cannot stay in your cabin. We did not have any checked bags, and were Black card, so we could stay in our cabin later. We went to the buffet at 8:45 and then sat around the atrium until last call. We walked off and out the front, where we intended to hail a cab, but there was a shuttle service looking for people at $10pp (only two of us). I think you can drag it out so that by the time you get to the airport or wherever it will be 11am. EM

Just checked the daily for November 12th, you are asked to vacate your cabin by 7am, the buffet is open from 6 until 9-30. The Villa Rossa restaurant from 6 until 8. If you plan to use the MSC airport shuttle then you'll leave at 8-15 for early flights or 8-45 for late flights. The main waiting area is the Pantheon theatre and last call is 10-30 am.

No need to go back to airport for car rental. There are car terminals at the "cruise port" about a 10 min drive to these locations. Complimentary transfers - shuttles run right next from the yacht club tent check in - this will waste time as very hectic. Don't need to be off the ship until 10a. By time off ship - luggage - customs - shuttle - car rental - it will be 1130am easily. Just did this a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by marcoigna

No need to go back to airport for car rental. There are car terminals at the "cruise port" about a 10 min drive to these locations. Complimentary transfers - shuttles run right next from the yacht club tent check in - this will waste time as very hectic. Don't need to be off the ship until 10a. By time off ship - luggage - customs - shuttle - car rental - it will be 1130am easily. Just did this a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are renting from Alamo after our MSC cruise in January. Would you hustle the whole family over to the car terminal or wait for Daddy to go get the car and come back for the rest of the family?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

We went for an 11am pick up from Miami International.

Marcoigna: I would indeed prefer to collect car from POM and have done in the past but there wasn't an option. Maybe '7 seater' availability is running low because it's Christmas and we left it late to book.

SSMEA03: Thanks for the dining options. Will definitely go to the dining room otherwise it's a load of stress getting food and drinks for the kids. It's lovely to get waited on...don't care if the service is slow because we won't be in a hurry to get off the ship :)

Our cabins are on deck nine all the way forward 9016 & 9018 we have the Fantastica package. Tbh these were one of the last cabins left on the ship there was only one other room left which was an Aurea room but it was one of the cabins with no balcony.

EM: We have cruised before but not loads (6 times) so wouldn't get black card status match. Would it still be worth signing up?

SUNQUEST: great idea, if the weather is good I will wait at the port while 'daddy' goes to collect the car.

Thanks again all, can't wait now. Flying to Orlando on the 11th December :)

We are renting from Alamo after our MSC cruise in January. Would you hustle the whole family over to the car terminal or wait for Daddy to go get the car and come back for the rest of the family?

We do the "wait for daddy" thing (but he took one of three kids with him), and I strongly recommend it. Easier for everyone!