Amount of children on cruise :)

ashnmar

Besides the roll call, and people contributing their input,

is there any other way of finding out how many children onboard

a particular cruise.

I'm taking my 15 year old on Celebrity Solstice departing Sydney

March 25th, 2017

Would like to know if there are any other children/ teenagers onboard :)

Thought I would get back to you after disembarking from our Sydney to Auckland cruise on 24th January.

Solstice was beautiful, crew wonderful but weather only so-so (easy to get over when you're having an amazing time!).

Even though our 12 night Sydney to NZ was during the peak summer Australian school holiday period, there were only 112 children aboard. Mix of all ages though - the various Kids Club & X Club appeared to be reasonably patronised.

According to several crew that we spoke with, the cruise prior to ours was a one week return to the South Pacific. That cruise had just over 600 children aboard (OMG....even as a parent of a 9 & 14 year old that scares me!!). Maybe the shorter/less expensive cruise was more appealing to families than a 12 night NZ itinerary? Not sure - but I guess it goes to show that you won't really know how many other kids are on your cruise until you're onboard.

My 14 yo daughter seemed to think that there were more teen boys than girls on our sailing - they seemed to enjoy the gaming offered in the X club (especially at the time we took a walk through). Maybe the girls were busying themselves elsewhere?

It's a good idea to put your child's name down (or do it themselves!) that way they will receive the daily X Club itinerary and can plan to attend when they are scheduling activities of interest to them. Whether or not there are other kids I'm sure won't make or break the experience for you both - it just may enhance it overall.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the experience of cruising on Solstice with your child - some wonderful opportunities to create special memories!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Infinity next July on an Alaskan cruise. Our son, who will be 14, doesn't want to go. Besides his general dislike of vacations (away from friends, away from his computer and video games, and sometimes spotty cell reception), he has the feeling he will be bored on the cruise.

If there are just 3 of you traveling, is it possible to invite a good friend or cousin to go with you all? I know with that age, a buddy might help. But we loved Alaska, and can't imagine not loving it.

Thought I would get back to you after disembarking from our Sydney to Auckland cruise on 24th January.

Solstice was beautiful, crew wonderful but weather only so-so (easy to get over when you're having an amazing time!).

Even though our 12 night Sydney to NZ was during the peak summer Australian school holiday period, there were only 112 children aboard. Mix of all ages though - the various Kids Club & X Club appeared to be reasonably patronised.

According to several crew that we spoke with, the cruise prior to ours was a one week return to the South Pacific. That cruise had just over 600 children aboard (OMG....even as a parent of a 9 & 14 year old that scares me!!). Maybe the shorter/less expensive cruise was more appealing to families than a 12 night NZ itinerary? Not sure - but I guess it goes to show that you won't really know how many other kids are on your cruise until you're onboard.

My 14 yo daughter seemed to think that there were more teen boys than girls on our sailing - they seemed to enjoy the gaming offered in the X club (especially at the time we took a walk through). Maybe the girls were busying themselves elsewhere?

It's a good idea to put your child's name down (or do it themselves!) that way they will receive the daily X Club itinerary and can plan to attend when they are scheduling activities of interest to them. Whether or not there are other kids I'm sure won't make or break the experience for you both - it just may enhance it overall.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the experience of cruising on Solstice with your child - some wonderful opportunities to create special memories!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you had a good time 😀