Radiance & Diamond Plus Questions

If there is anyone who has sailed recently or presently on the Radiance - would appreciate the following information if available.

Diamond Plus - is there only the lounge (Diamond or Concierge) or are they giving out the drink coupons so you can go to other bars - only one of us is Diamond Plus - the others - one sharing my cabin and one in a single cabin are Crown N Anchor members but not that level and I am sure they are very strict about bringing guests in at night.

Cruise is 16 nights - benefits for Diamond Plus?

Internet - is it better value to purchase prior at the 30% off rate or take the small discount offered onboard - need the unlimited

Cabins #9242 and #9244 - connect - do you know where they connect?

My Time dining - tried to reserve times - having difficulty and I can call - just thought I would ask if someone had a suggestion

Show times on Radiance

Thank you for your help - it is greatly appreciated

If there is anyone who has sailed recently or presently on the Radiance - would appreciate the following information if available.

Diamond Plus - is there only the lounge (Diamond or Concierge) or are they giving out the drink coupons so you can go to other bars - only one of us is Diamond Plus - the others - one sharing my cabin and one in a single cabin are Crown N Anchor members but not that level and I am sure they are very strict about bringing guests in at night.

Internet - is it better value to purchase prior at the 30% off rate or take the small discount offered onboard - need the unlimited

My Time dining - tried to reserve times - having difficulty and I can call - just thought I would ask if someone had a suggestion

Show times on Radiance

The 3 drink coupons for use at any bar during the evening cocktail hours 5:00 - 8:30 (appx) are automatically loaded on your Seapass card everyday. All ships are doing this.

Internet - is it better value to purchase prior at the 30% off rate or take the small discount offered onboard - need the unlimited...

For 16 nights, take the pre-cruise 30% off deal.

Coupons:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50336552&postcount=39

Both Diamond and Concierge lounges were pretty packed on our last Radiance

cruise in August. And that was with Diamond members and above being

light on that one. The Diamond lounge is very small on Radiance.

One great thing about the 3 drink vouchers, is that you can go to any lounge

on the ship for your free drinks, versus just the DL and CL. Really nice for having

drinks with pax that have not attained those levels or are not in a GS or above that

cannot go into those lounges. And they do check, especially on the first night.

Juan Diego is very strict about that. ;)

Show times on Radiance

Yes, call C&A and request help with making dining reservations. 800-526-9723

There are very few 16 night cruises. It is unlikely that you will find those precise Cruise Compasses. If you google it, you can find various Radiance Cruise Compasses. I don't know how show times vary (or not) depending on length of cruise. On most cruises, show times are scheduled to coordinate with traditional fixed seatings.

D+ benefits are the same, regardless of the length of cruise.

I believe that this is still current. On most, if not all ships, D+ can now get a 30% discount on the beverage packages, which is not listed on this sheet.

image_zpsjbgn5y4a.jpeg

I don't know where the connecting door is. How will knowing that affect you?

Thank you for the help -

Knowing where the door connects was just something I was wondering - same as when others want to know the position of the bed (by the balcony or bathroom) just of interest

Do not need compasses - was just trying to get an idea of the show times - last year on the Serenade they did a lot of early shows 7PM for late seating and the 9PM for early and the big production nights were 830 and 1030 - always helps to have some ideas when choosing My Time dining times

Thank you again for all your responses

We as D+ could use either lounge on Radiance...We much prefer the DL...never a problem finding a place to sit as on all our Radiance cruises the sliding doors from the DL into the Vortex were always open ... giving lots of seating available and a sign was put up at a certain point saying "Private Function" so others in the Vortex didn't venture past this. We enjoy this extended sitting area.

Thank you for the help -

Knowing where the door connects was just something I was wondering - same as when others want to know the position of the bed (by the balcony or bathroom) just of interest

Do not need compasses - was just trying to get an idea of the show times - last year on the Serenade they did a lot of early shows 7PM for late seating and the 9PM for early and the big production nights were 830 and 1030 - always helps to have some ideas when choosing My Time dining times

Thank you again for all your responses

I suggested the Cruise Compasses because the show times are listed there.

We as D+ could use either lounge on Radiance...We much prefer the DL...never a problem finding a place to sit as on all our Radiance cruises the sliding doors from the DL into the Vortex were always open ... giving lots of seating available and a sign was put up at a certain point saying "Private Function" so others in the Vortex didn't venture past this. We enjoy this extended sitting area.

We tried that a couple of times on our last Radiance cruise B2B in Alaska last

August. Took a very, very long time to get a drink since the waiters were short

a person or two, thus were overwhelmed in the over flow lounge.

Finally gave up and went back to using the CL. Was never busy in there as long

as you went in at, or just after, first seating dinner started.

Show times on Radiance

We spent 29 days on Radiance in September/October and MTD was moved from Deck 5 to Deck 4 there were so many passengers who wanted it (it was the first cruise they'd moved it and it was a disaster for a few days). I had made my reservations as soon as dining had been loaded for the ship but ended up calling C&A to get it done.