Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Presently, she is in the "U" shaped basin formed by Terminals 18, 19, and 21.  But she seems to be just sitting there, not really docking.  She is not going to 19, because there is another ship shifting from 15 to 19 at 7:00pm.  And the Veendam is at T21 until 6:30 pm.  Strange, huh? :classic_unsure:

15 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Here is what the access to the hot tub looks like.

Someone in the FB group with mobility issues asked about it.

HOT TUB STEPS.jpg

Lloyd, isn't there a hot tub in the Solarium area?  Maybe that will have better accessibility, even if it is not outdoors.

40 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/?fbclid=IwAR2CLM4Nv3qVnS1HM-FaC_hdD8lsomfHEMTbGjU7TjZiZZLD9kLluVexokE

FTL Cam states the Edge is about to do a "shift" whatever that means. Either flip the ship around or move to another terminal which would make sense since its not sailing to Wednesday.

Nice to see the ship sail in this morning, pretty sure PTZtv haven't seen viewership numbers like that for a while, in some instances almost 2K watching the Edge arrive.

Was listening to Bill Withers's song "Lovely Day" as it arrived.:classic_biggrin: It just fit for some reason.

Clicked on the link...EDGE looking good.....gorgeous sky, shimmery water!

23 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Presently, she is in the "U" shaped basin formed by Terminals 18, 19, and 21.  But she seems to be just sitting there, not really docking.  She is not going to 19, because there is another ship shifting from 15 to 19 at 7:00pm.  And the Veendam is at T21 until 6:30 pm.  Strange, huh? :classic_unsure:

At 5:29pm there’s inbound traffic MSC Vittoria (1000+ foot long container ship) on MarineTraffic in the ship channel. 

Edited by dmwnc1959

19 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

No doubt putting that GPS stationary system to use.

35 minutes ago, hcat said:

Our roll call is having our Sailaway get together  at Sunset Bar,..with so much going on, I expect not everyine will attend and sime will pass by.  I like the location b/c it is near the Rooftop Garden area

I had suggested the Roof Top Garden since we always meet our roll call groups in the Sunset, but Mike reminded me that they don’t have a full service bar most likely (though they do sell drinks at the restaurant). The Sunset looked so nice today I was thinking maybe we should meet there instead of the RTG. We’ll see - maybe some of the Sunset Bar waiters wander around the RTG too. Or both, maybe we’ll do both! I only have 7 days to have a drink at every bar - I may need to double up! :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I had suggested the Roof Top Garden since we always meet our roll call groups in the Sunset, but Mike reminded me that they don’t have a full service bar most likely (though they do sell drinks at the restaurant). The Sunset looked so nice today I was thinking maybe we should meet there instead of the RTG. We’ll see - maybe some of the Sunset Bar waiters wander around the RTG too. Or both, maybe we’ll do both! I only have 7 days to have a drink at every bar - I may need to double up! :classic_wink:

I only have 2 days until January!  I may need to quadruple dip. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

vt- I wonder if those are the people that Celebrity was entertaining at the Nova Southeastern Oceanographic venue this morning.  Maybe they all got those shirts as souvenirs.  Too cool!

T25 is beautiful!  We can only hope that it is as efficient as they say it will be.  

It is only appropriate that the terminal is a gorgeous home base for an amazingly stunning new ship.  Edge, enjoy your new home!  

1 minute ago, beachbunny6 said:

vt- I wonder if those are the people that Celebrity was entertaining at the Nova Southeastern Oceanographic venue this morning.  Maybe they all got those shirts as souvenirs.  Too cool!

T25 is beautiful!  We can only hope that it is as efficient as they say it will be.  

It is only appropriate that the terminal is a gorgeous home base for an amazingly stunning new ship.  Edge, enjoy your new home!  

I believe you are correct.  I saw lots of them when I was there. 

6 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I believe you are correct.  I saw lots of them when I was there. 

You coulda maybe hijacked a few of those MC Orange shirts for all your loyal friends here on CC, couldn't you? :classic_ninja:

Edited by beachbunny6