Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I had to step out at work for a few minutes to have a moment to myself.  Thanks everyone for being here to share the happiness and tears since everyone here understands. A great day for the Edgelings!! 😎

I was gonna ask you how you remained at work and held it together... now I know.  :classic_wink:

Back home now. What a thrill to see EDGE sailing into Port Everglades.

I was as excited as the first time I boarded a ship (The Solstice, only 8 years ago)!

Here are some photos featuring the Magic Carpet while the ship was turning around before docking at the terminal.

They were flashing some of the colors for a short time.

Only 17 days till I get to board.

Mark

SAM_3672.JPG

SAM_3674.JPG

SAM_3677.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Back home now. What a thrill to see EDGE sailing into Port Everglades.

I was as excited as the first time I boarded a ship (The Solstice, only 8 years ago)!

Here are some photos featuring the Magic Carpet while the ship was turning around before docking at the terminal.

They were flashing some of the colors for a short time.

Only 17 days till I get to board.

Mark

Thanks again, Mark, for the great photos! 

With the activities starting around 8:00, I decided to watch the arrival on the webcam and then go down to the park across from the Edge to see if I could get any photos.  The only place to be able to see the ship clearly was at the Oceanographic Center, which was used by Celebrity this morning where they had lots of people welcoming the ship in.  By the time I got there at 10:00, the busses full of people were leaving and some were still eating breakfast in the canvas covered enclosure that had been set up.  The location looked perfect for watching the ceremony with the Edge doing its 360; but by the time I got there, the view wasn't that great.  But it was still a thrill to be able to see the Edge up close and personal.  She is a gorgeous ship and I can't wait to board her next week and see the interior beauty.

Here are a few shots that I was able to take.

700263820_Nov19-0887.jpg.a2e5596422b97d375d1296bd8236295a.jpg

1512347418_Nov19-0902.jpg.2a23c71a4fc014d4fe2d295ef1b47923.jpg

199329764_Nov19-0906.jpg.ea89eb51f84fa388bab2b3492f3d4f1a.jpg

311941352_Nov19-0896.jpg.4498f8d1a4f269c3bd02eb291084d652.jpg

After I left the Oceanographic Center, I tried to see if there was somewhere else in the park that I could go where I could get a better and unobstructed shot.  The best place would have been the Coast Guard station, but they wouldn't let me in.  Probably a good move on their part.  I found a dirt road that went into the underbrush, not too far from the station.  I parked across the street and walked down the road to the water.  Unfortunately it was too far south; but I was able to see the front of the bow.  

176211069_Nov19-0918.jpg.fdd6d44222950f05677d75f0641177d5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow, just come home from work and been looking at these images from today. So exciting and thank you to all for posting.

There have been times when we have wondered if we did the right thing in booking Edge for our 25th but no longer. She looks stunning (and we're even getting used to the dumpy front and orange bits now!)

1 minute ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks everyone for posting all the pics and videos of this event.  It was a treat!

After seeing her in person, I have a feeling that there will be many less people complaining that she isn't a gorgeous ship.  

Thanks for posting your pics! I love the one of her bow next to the tree. I can’t wait for my April cruise😎 

3 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

I was gonna ask you how you remained at work and held it together... now I know.  :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

It was not easy and I work from home

46 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks everyone for posting all the pics and videos of this event.  It was a treat!

After seeing her in person, I have a feeling that there will be many less people complaining that she isn't a gorgeous ship.  

Thanks for sharing the photos and your exciting day!   Can't wait for your review!

I am curious about the photo of the nice seating with orange cushions along the rail .Is that in the suite area?  Looks like a nice spot!

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for sharing the photos and your exciting day!   Can't wait for your review!

I am curious about the photo of the nice seating with orange cushions along the rail .Is that in the suite area?  Looks like a nice spot!

I believe that is the Sunset Bar

1 hour ago, hcat said:

That is the Sunset Bar area.  I assume that the actual bar itself is enclosed.

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/?fbclid=IwAR2CLM4Nv3qVnS1HM-FaC_hdD8lsomfHEMTbGjU7TjZiZZLD9kLluVexokE

FTL Cam states the Edge is about to do a "shift" whatever that means. Either flip the ship around or move to another terminal which would make sense since its not sailing to Wednesday.

Nice to see the ship sail in this morning, pretty sure PTZtv haven't seen viewership numbers like that for a while, in some instances almost 2K watching the Edge arrive.

Was listening to Bill Withers's song "Lovely Day" as it arrived.:classic_biggrin: It just fit for some reason.

Edited by longhorn2004