Cruise Critic Community
Lloyd555

Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

14 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

The EDGE is MOVING NOW.

It says from 25 t o25 so I assume flipping her around, perhaps moving her to let that cargo ship go by.

Here is what the access to the hot tub looks like.

Someone in the FB group with mobility issues asked about it.

HOT TUB STEPS.jpg

Presently, she is in the "U" shaped basin formed by Terminals 18, 19, and 21.  But she seems to be just sitting there, not really docking.  She is not going to 19, because there is another ship shifting from 15 to 19 at 7:00pm.  And the Veendam is at T21 until 6:30 pm.  Strange, huh? :classic_unsure:

17 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

HOT TUB STEPS.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

HOT TUB STEPS.jpg

Lloyd, isn't there a hot tub in the Solarium area?  Maybe that will have better accessibility, even if it is not outdoors.

40 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/?fbclid=IwAR2CLM4Nv3qVnS1HM-FaC_hdD8lsomfHEMTbGjU7TjZiZZLD9kLluVexokE

FTL Cam states the Edge is about to do a "shift" whatever that means. Either flip the ship around or move to another terminal which would make sense since its not sailing to Wednesday.

Nice to see the ship sail in this morning, pretty sure PTZtv haven't seen viewership numbers like that for a while, in some instances almost 2K watching the Edge arrive.

Was listening to Bill Withers's song "Lovely Day" as it arrived.:classic_biggrin: It just fit for some reason.

Clicked on the link...EDGE looking good.....gorgeous sky, shimmery water!

3 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

176211069_Nov19-0918.jpg.fdd6d44222950f05677d75f0641177d5.jpg

Thanks for all the great pics, Mike!  I am so glad the weather was "Chamber-of-Commerce-Perfect" for her arrival and the festivities.  She looks absolutely gorgeous in the sunshine!

23 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Presently, she is in the "U" shaped basin formed by Terminals 18, 19, and 21.  But she seems to be just sitting there, not really docking.  She is not going to 19, because there is another ship shifting from 15 to 19 at 7:00pm.  And the Veendam is at T21 until 6:30 pm.  Strange, huh? :classic_unsure:

At 5:29pm there’s inbound traffic MSC Vittoria (1000+ foot long container ship) on MarineTraffic in the ship channel. 

Edited by dmwnc1959

19 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

No doubt putting that GPS stationary system to use.

Sunset Bar looks amazing! Mike, maybe this where our group should meet. 😉C34C1497-6374-4E72-A4ED-5C4D04798858.thumb.jpeg.404194bbc2355dd087d51c5fd892def6.jpeg 

E964E29C-7841-4B10-A589-D083DBBF1968.thumb.jpeg.4959a94306685841596a1c099dd19b30.jpeg

Cafe al Bacio on the Edge

B142CE59-0E8D-413C-A8E1-8DC77307BAE7.thumb.jpeg.2aedb68348e77ac68f39ee488ad38977.jpeg

714E927D-1974-47A3-B3DD-397652A9FD42.thumb.jpeg.9d5cc253adae316b5cc7207e6b06afc9.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

Our roll call is having our Sailaway get together  at Sunset Bar,..with so much going on, I expect not everyine will attend and sime will pass by.  I like the location b/c it is near the Rooftop Garden area

25 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

No doubt putting that GPS stationary system to use.

Moving back into t-25 now that the cargo ship passed.

Im teary eyed looking thru all these gorgeous photos!  Dec 9 can't come soon enough! So happy we booked b2b with the 16th- I think we're going to have a lot to explore! I've loved following since the very beginning! What an amazing journey!

35 minutes ago, hcat said:

Our roll call is having our Sailaway get together  at Sunset Bar,..with so much going on, I expect not everyine will attend and sime will pass by.  I like the location b/c it is near the Rooftop Garden area

I had suggested the Roof Top Garden since we always meet our roll call groups in the Sunset, but Mike reminded me that they don’t have a full service bar most likely (though they do sell drinks at the restaurant). The Sunset looked so nice today I was thinking maybe we should meet there instead of the RTG. We’ll see - maybe some of the Sunset Bar waiters wander around the RTG too. Or both, maybe we’ll do both! I only have 7 days to have a drink at every bar - I may need to double up! :classic_wink:

This would have been me, if I lived there. 😀   Notice their T-shirt’s.

D4AB299D-37D6-47E4-BA3C-565CCF4FB524.thumb.jpeg.58ad90467c6e221d874524282497cdbd.jpeg

The beautiful terminal.

806D03EA-CDA7-4738-9742-3172BC47C0BA.thumb.jpeg.da4ece8ee7c3d66e0da1654b75081ae1.jpeg0488449B-C770-4455-9AE4-0432BC37EF49.thumb.jpeg.cddd31a9b7d46a12a854b8baf2c8a795.jpeg65462F38-6E3D-42DE-BA17-6DE3ABDA5766.thumb.jpeg.535910eaaa077845e01f2a324a8fe251.jpeg

Her first sunset  in her new home!  

FD792285-9AD2-4871-B1AF-D7A7890329F3.thumb.jpeg.96268f565f3a17a0d124d15440cfb7ad.jpeg

24 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I had suggested the Roof Top Garden since we always meet our roll call groups in the Sunset, but Mike reminded me that they don’t have a full service bar most likely (though they do sell drinks at the restaurant). The Sunset looked so nice today I was thinking maybe we should meet there instead of the RTG. We’ll see - maybe some of the Sunset Bar waiters wander around the RTG too. Or both, maybe we’ll do both! I only have 7 days to have a drink at every bar - I may need to double up! :classic_wink:

I only have 2 days until January!  I may need to quadruple dip. :classic_biggrin:

vt- I wonder if those are the people that Celebrity was entertaining at the Nova Southeastern Oceanographic venue this morning.  Maybe they all got those shirts as souvenirs.  Too cool!

T25 is beautiful!  We can only hope that it is as efficient as they say it will be.  

It is only appropriate that the terminal is a gorgeous home base for an amazingly stunning new ship.  Edge, enjoy your new home!  

Just now, MVPinBoynton said:

I only have 2 days until January!  I may need to quadruple dip. :classic_biggrin:

Quadruple dip! I’m out, but my DH will be happy to help you meet your goals! 🙃

1 minute ago, beachbunny6 said:

vt- I wonder if those are the people that Celebrity was entertaining at the Nova Southeastern Oceanographic venue this morning.  Maybe they all got those shirts as souvenirs.  Too cool!

T25 is beautiful!  We can only hope that it is as efficient as they say it will be.  

It is only appropriate that the terminal is a gorgeous home base for an amazingly stunning new ship.  Edge, enjoy your new home!  

I believe you are correct.  I saw lots of them when I was there. 

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Quadruple dip! I’m out, but my DH will be happy to help you meet your goals! 🙃

I will need all the help I can get. I will try to wait until I have taken the photos I need. 

6 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I believe you are correct.  I saw lots of them when I was there. 

You coulda maybe hijacked a few of those MC Orange shirts for all your loyal friends here on CC, couldn't you? :classic_ninja:

Edited by beachbunny6

1 minute ago, beachbunny6 said:

You coulda maybe hijacked a few of those MC Orange shirts for all your loyal friends here on CC, couldn't you?

Believe me I looked all around for them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a few in Edge shops next week.