Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I like how the seating in the terminal curves like the RTG seating does, although it is not exactly the same.  They need some of those metal tree sculptures in the terminal, too!

Speaking of the RTG, I didn't realize till someone posted about it yesterday (?) that there is no bar in that actual area.  How strange!  So you have to go to the Sunset bar and schlep your drinks back, which includes walking up a few stairs on one side (but probably not on both due to accessibility constraints), or you have to wait for a steward to make rounds and get one for you?  That just doesn't seem very efficient at all.  Maybe someday they will figure out that they need to change that, and have at least a portable bar setup that they can move into place.  Someone dropped the proverbial ball on this one! 

A suggestion would be to put one in the area near Mr. Edge, and call it the Mr. Ed(ge) Bar.  Yeah!  That's the idea!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Now that would be a fun cruise!!! 😀

Sorry to break your bubbles, you three, but one of you will be waving goodbye from the dock, because I will be onboard with the other two, after winning one of the three prizes.  :classic_ohmy::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

But don't worry, I am lots of fun, too!  :classic_wink:

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Sorry to break your bubbles, you three, but one of you will be waving goodbye from the dock, because I will be onboard with the other two, after winning one of the three prizes.  :classic_ohmy::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Uh oh! We've got another contender. May the best (or luckiest) Edgies win🙂🙃

29 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I like how the seating in the terminal curves like the RTG seating does, although it is not exactly the same.  They need some of those metal tree sculptures in the terminal, too!

Speaking of the RTG, I didn't realize till someone posted about it yesterday (?) that there is no bar in that actual area.  How strange!  So you have to go to the Sunset bar and schlep your drinks back, which includes walking up a few stairs on one side (but probably not on both due to accessibility constraints), or you have to wait for a steward to make rounds and get one for you?  That just doesn't seem very efficient at all.  Maybe someday they will figure out that they need to change that, and have at least a portable bar setup that they can move into place.  Someone dropped the proverbial ball on this one! 

A suggestion would be to put one in the area near Mr. Edge, and call it the Mr. Ed(ge) Bar.  Yeah!  That's the idea!

We can get drinks at the Roof Top Grill restaurant when open. We will see if they keep it open for drinks when closed for food service.

I think The Mr Edge Bar is a great idea!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

But don't worry, I am lots of fun, too!  :classic_wink:

We'll be one of the other two. 😉 Party on..! 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

After watching the beautiful video posted above, it occured to me that I don't see a helicopter pad.  Is there a  pad on this ship?  The area that would normally hold one is tiny.

There is a very small round yellow helipad on the bow on deck 10, I think.

OK, I hate to break the cheerful atmosphere here (and I that one green-envy hater who wasn’t able to watch the Lady E arrival in person…), but I just looked at the menu posted at Celebrity website for all four main restaurants. What is unclear – it states the menu for each restaurant that is split in three parts: theme restaurant Exclusives (Cyprus, Cosmopolitan etc. - three starts and three entrees), then there goes Celebrity Classic (four starters and three entrees), and then there goes Celebrity Signatures (four starters and five entrees).

While theme exclusives for each restaurant are different, the classic and the signatures parts are the same for each of the four restaurants. I am very confused because there is no explanation in the web site – is this just a SAMPLE menu for one day, or this will be repeated daily for all four restaurants for the whole cruise??

My understanding of how the four main restaurants will work was that these six exclusives for each of them will be repeated every night, but the classic and the signature dishes will be rotated as it always happens on other X ships… But there is no comment or explanation of this in the pages related to the complimentary dining.

Anyone cares to comment?

5 minutes ago, marylander2 said:

OK, I hate to break the cheerful atmosphere here (and I that one green-envy hater who wasn’t able to watch the Lady E arrival in person…), but I just looked at the menu posted at Celebrity website for all four main restaurants. What is unclear – it states the menu for each restaurant that is split in three parts: theme restaurant Exclusives (Cyprus, Cosmopolitan etc. - three starts and three entrees), then there goes Celebrity Classic (four starters and three entrees), and then there goes Celebrity Signatures (four starters and five entrees).

While theme exclusives for each restaurant are different, the classic and the signatures parts are the same for each of the four restaurants. I am very confused because there is no explanation in the web site – is this just a SAMPLE menu for one day, or this will be repeated daily for all four restaurants for the whole cruise??

My understanding of how the four main restaurants will work was that these six exclusives for each of them will be repeated every night, but the classic and the signature dishes will be rotated as it always happens on other X ships… But there is no comment or explanation of this in the pages related to the complimentary dining.

Anyone cares to comment?

In the past there was the classic which stays the same each night, the signature which rotates every day for 14days. This has additional exclusive for each venue which stay the same each night. That is my understanding anyway. 

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Nope!  I have never heard of that song, and am not a fan of Who.  I will have to look that up.  My screen name came from a sign that has hung on my screen porch for many years.  I am a fan of the beach/sea. 

it isn't a normal "song" type song... rather more mood setting and faint lyrics that set up songs later to come in the Opera / album.

Okay, these look really nice... but say you have bad knees and need an arm chair or something like that to support yourself getting in and out of a chair.... I don't see any options.. So for those of you with this problem... you better plan on asking for wheel chair assistance to get you on board. That way you at least have a chair to sit in...  

Edited by kearney

1 minute ago, kearney said:

Okay, these look really nice... but say you have bad knees and need an arm chair or something like that to support yourself getting in and out of a chair.... I don't see any options.. So for those of you with this problem... you better plan on asking for wheel chair assistance to get you on board. That way you at least have a chair to sit in...  

Was this about the spiral benches in the terminal?  If so I agree they do not look like they were made for comfort..

Lately the posts are not flowing the way they used to on CC so if this was not what you were talking about. I am sorry..

30 minutes ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

it isn't a normal "song" type song... rather more mood setting and faint lyrics that set up songs later to come in the Opera / album.

The first track on Quadropheniaintroduces its setting (Brighton), primary character (Jimmy), and mood (oceanic, amniotic, majestic). It does not, however, touch on the album’s later themes of youth alienation and counterculture.

It is the first of three songs on the album that prominently feature all four of the album’s leitmotifs in succession as an overture, the other two being “Quadrophenia” and “The Rock.” In this instance, the four themes represent voices echoing through Jimmy’s head.

fd37106bf0f491fa6cdb37e77f67097a.1000x625x1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silkroad said:

FYI sorry if this isn’t news to you, but Celebrity has a sweepstakes on their US website. We can play to win a seven night cruise on Edge. Why? Because Edgies/Edgelings simply cannot get enough time on Edge😂 Here’s the link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/edge-of-possibilities

I think we entered but never saw the puzzle pieces for instant winner opp....

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I think we entered but never saw the puzzle pieces for instant winner opp....

I missed them at first (using my iPad) but saw them on second glance. They’re subtle hexagons overlaid over the photo of Edge. Select three randomly, and proceed from there. Hope this helps.

Edited by Silkroad