Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Was this about the spiral benches in the terminal?  If so I agree they do not look like they were made for comfort..

Lately the posts are not flowing the way they used to on CC so if this was not what you were talking about. I am sorry..

Sorry, I tried attaching the photo... but it ended up showing an old Llyod photo of a lifeboat from months ago.... so I gave up. My biggest and only complaint on the S class... was that I had to hunt for chairs that my husband could get out of. Those in the Martini bar were impossible. and the ones along the rail over looking deck 3 entertainment were so low and deep... but at least they had arms. But that was before we tried a scooter... which we are using this upcoming trip... My husband preferred not using a scooter as long as he could walk... but it is getting much more difficult. Anyway.. I like the looks of them... but not everyone is mobile enough to be able to get in down on the bench and up without arms or some support. Generally I am very happy with what I see in dining rooms and there seem to be at least a few chairs (not many) in Eden that he could manage. It will be less of an issue now that he has the option of the scooter. 

46 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I missed them at first (using my iPad) but saw them on second glance. They’re subtle hexagons overlaid over the photo of Edge. Select three randomly, and proceed from there. Hope this helps.

Thanks ...I got an e mail that we were registered...will look for the puzzle later..kind of a silly game!llll

35 minutes ago, kearney said:

Sorry, I tried attaching the photo... but it ended up showing an old Llyod photo of a lifeboat from months ago.... so I gave up. My biggest and only complaint on the S class... was that I had to hunt for chairs that my husband could get out of. Those in the Martini bar were impossible. and the ones along the rail over looking deck 3 entertainment were so low and deep... but at least they had arms. But that was before we tried a scooter... which we are using this upcoming trip... My husband preferred not using a scooter as long as he could walk... but it is getting much more difficult. Anyway.. I like the looks of them... but not everyone is mobile enough to be able to get in down on the bench and up without arms or some support. Generally I am very happy with what I see in dining rooms and there seem to be at least a few chairs (not many) in Eden that he could manage. It will be less of an issue now that he has the option of the scooter. 

Glad the scooter  will help your husband with seating..I always check it over before I sit...simetimes dh has to give ne a hand gettung out of a low or deep seat!

Cruise critic seems very controlling  by  repeating prior posts..hate that feature..I usually erase most it it!

37 minutes ago, kearney said:

54 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

These are great. I love the colors and the themes. Thanks for posting them, WonderMan.

Regarding the EDEN murals....

I also like them...very bright colors... very big and  bold........

Edited by hcat

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

Regarding the EDEN murals....

I also like them...very bright colors... very big and  bold........

Without banging on about it, we find the whole Eden theme not to our taste at all. Makes us cringe to be honest.

I suppose the murals would be great if the theme didn't offend.. if that makes sense. I think we will have a wander through during the day (the shows we have seen on Celebrity do our heads in).

I think the Martini Bar will call instead

:-)

Edited by Presto2

3 hours ago, hcat said:

The first track on Quadropheniaintroduces its setting (Brighton), primary character (Jimmy), and mood (oceanic, amniotic, majestic). It does not, however, touch on the album’s later themes of youth alienation and counterculture.

It is the first of three songs on the album that prominently feature all four of the album’s leitmotifs in succession as an overture, the other two being “Quadrophenia” and “The Rock.” In this instance, the four themes represent voices echoing through Jimmy’s head.

fd37106bf0f491fa6cdb37e77f67097a.1000x625x1.jpg

its lyrics include "is it me for a moment", "bellboy....", " love reign...." , " can you see the real me"... so YES they do forecast other songs.

Jimmy Michael Cooper lives!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Without banging on about it, we find the whole Eden theme not to our taste at all. Makes us cringe to be honest.

I suppose the murals would be great if the theme didn't offend.. if that makes sense. I think we will have a wander through during the day (the shows we have seen on Celebrity do our heads in).

🙂

Also not a fan of the Eden  theme.. not the slithery acrobats either,   but the murals are very lively..remind me of Panamanian embroidery...also very bright and bold

Maybe we can  post these over on the EDGE art thread?

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Also not a fan of the Eden  theme.. not the slithery acrobats either,   but the murals are very lively..remind me of Panamanian embroidery...also very bright and bold

Maybe we can  post these over on the EDGE art thread?

Agree -- had to look up what Panamanian embroidery meant though ---  ha ha

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Party on the Edge last night in Eden:

party.thumb.jpg.a5f29ff20aa3d33994bbbf65bb11258d.jpg

Aerial view

aerial.thumb.jpg.4c977a3bdf4f929bc3863ff16bff004c.jpg

Meanwhile at the RTG

1510171093_splitRTG.thumb.jpg.8820ac51f4b8a05322f5c111fd1b47d8.jpg

Thanks for posting this!! I know that woman doing a split at the Rooftop Garden 😁 She works at the RCI HQ in Miami. She is spearheading all of the new digital initiatives that both Royal and Celebrity are releasing this year and next year. Every time I check her IG story she is on another ship! She posted this yesterday. In addition to her fantastic splits, she also enjoys posting photos of dining venues around the ship and beautiful ocean views 😂

Edited by ecourtney

image.png.ab07a4aa171678a3299f98f9fec43c43.png

For those who were wondering about the distance from the Midport Parking Garage and Terminal 25, maybe this will help.  The Midport Garage is at the center of the bottom of the photo, and of course, T25 and our beautiful Edge is bottom right.  So, it is only across the street at a little angle from the garage to the terminal.  Not far at all.  Just watch which corner you park in, so as to be closest to T25.  

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

🙂

Did someone say cringe?

C47496C0-DAEB-482B-A811-46538C0E8B8F.png

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Agree -- had to look up what Panamanian embroidery meant though ---  ha ha

Sorry you had to look it up..On past cruises I  bought a few items of clothing and  wall hangings ...pics here are stock photos!

59454828.jpg.cf.jpg

th-5.jpg

th-6.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

image.png.ab07a4aa171678a3299f98f9fec43c43.png

For those who were wondering about the distance from the Midport Parking Garage and Terminal 25, maybe this will help.  The Midport Garage is at the center of the bottom of the photo, and of course, T25 and our beautiful Edge is bottom right.  So, it is only across the street at a little angle from the garage to the terminal.  Not far at all.  Just watch which corner you park in, so as to be closest to T25.  

Thanks for posting,...very helpful  and encouraging...

31 minutes ago, Grand PooBah said:

What or who is parked across to the left of Terminal 25 at Terminal 18, used for Harmony and Symphony?  Doesn't look like a RCL ship.  It would be the left-most ship in the photo.

T18 is across the basin, on the left of the "U" and Serenade OTS is there.  At T19, the cross part of the "U," Majesty OTS is docked.  HAL Veendam is at T21, across the street on the same part of the "U" as Edge, and X Infinity is across the port at T04, top center of the photo.  Hope that helps. :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, DachshundsRule said:

Did someone say cringe?

C47496C0-DAEB-482B-A811-46538C0E8B8F.png

Ummm, when I look at this, I see two people who are probably talented, hard working dancers, along with two others in costumes who may be dancers or actors or singers. I don’t understand what is repellent or horrifying about this. However, if nobody else likes the Eden themes, I’ll be able to get a seat, from which I can form an opinion based on real time performances instead of marketing hype.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ecourtney said:

Thanks for posting this!! I know that woman doing a split at the Rooftop Garden 😁 She works at the RCI HQ in Miami. She is spearheading all of the new digital initiatives that both Royal and Celebrity are releasing this year and next year. Every time I check her IG story she is on another ship! She posted this yesterday. In addition to her fantastic splits, she also enjoys posting photos of dining venues around the ship and beautiful ocean views 😂

Wow, she is very flexible!  A lovely picture. 🙂

11 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

There is a very small round yellow helipad on the bow on deck 10, I think.

OK, thanks.

10 hours ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

it isn't a normal "song" type song... rather more mood setting and faint lyrics that set up songs later to come in the Opera / album.

I listened to it and it's quite dreadful!

9 hours ago, kearney said:

Okay, these look really nice... but say you have bad knees and need an arm chair or something like that to support yourself getting in and out of a chair.... I don't see any options.. So for those of you with this problem... you better plan on asking for wheel chair assistance to get you on board. That way you at least have a chair to sit in...  

The airport in Dublin had these.  I liked them.  Thought they were comfortable.  DH did not.  I use my legs to get up, so having arms is not a problem for me.  You do need to slide forward before standing.  What I do not like is that because the seats cause you to sit back, you are right there, head to head, with your backyard neighbor!  Very hard to sit on the edge of the bench and lean forward.

Correction:  I took another look at the benches.  They do not seem as deep as the ones at the airport.  The backs are more rounded.  Should be easier to get up and out, and to sit on edge.

Edited by Iamthesea